Anyone who has done this... I gotta do something. For the very first time in my life, I am definitely overweight. I have a paunch. I've taken care of myself my entire life. Started songwriting 3.5 years ago and I've gone to crap. Something has to change. TODAY. I can't get in my jeans. I'm 6'1", 224 lbs. I weighed 173 when I graduated high school. I was an athlete, so I was very in shape. I was around 180 in my 20's and 30's. 190's in my 40's. Now, I've gone crazy.

So, what I want to know is... I read some old threads on here, I read stuff at southbeachdiet.com and southbeachdietguide.com... I kept seeing 2 cups MINIMUM vegetables and that kept throwing me. I figured it meant MAXIMUM but I guess this is some kind of key... they want you to eat AT LEAST two cups?

Point is, I want to start NOW. I have three eggs boiling. I can tolerate eggs fine. I guess I could also eat some kind of sausage. I think it said No to bacon. Couple of turkey bacon strips is okay.

For lunch and dinner, basically, it's an allowed meat and a minimum of two cups of vegetables? And two snacks daily. Bread and potatoes out.

Hopefully, the library will have the book. Until then, if anyone can tell me any basic strategy tips for this Phase One for two weeks, fire away. As I said, I am starting NOW. I've had it.

I also just started walking again. Man, I used to run marathons. I've been sedentary for two years. I used to play golf like a madman but rotator cuff surgery put the hurt on that. Haven't played in two years. Okay, I'm ready.

If anyone else has had it and wants to join in, we can be email buddies or something.