I agree with all stated above. Whether you choose South Beach, Atkins, Weight Watchers, or whatever, the diet will only 'continue working' if you maintain the regiment outlined in the program. Losing the weight in the EZ part, but maintaining the weightloss is the ultimate challenge which means permanently CHANGING your lifestyle (both eating & exercise). A diet program is what you make it. The advantage of following a commercial outlined diet/exercise plan is it helps you stay on track. Al's advice of simply 'cutting portions, eating more healthly (salads, soups & oatmeal for breakfast) is excellent, but (for some) like me, more difficult to adhere to if not outlined in book regiment form as South Beach, Atkins, and Weight Watchers (the one that worked for me) does.

SemiLive, you've taken the FIRST step in acknowledging that you need to get back on track with your health (exercise) & weight. Set some realistic weight & diet goals, and I bet you'll be back to your slim youthful healthy self soon. I highly recommend The SouthBeach lifestyle diet. It not only WORKS, but it's heart healthy as well. We're all cheering for you here.

Scott