MusiKman,

At this time, I am not aware of any plans for either a touch screen, nor a color screen.

I personally don't like touch screens, as they don't seem as bright and when playing with any amount of light, such as stage light or sunlight, I never seemed to be able to see the screen well. I haven't played with the Korg Trinty much, other than in stores but have seen them on stages, I am assuming that they don't have this problem then. Am I correct? As for color screens, I think they look awesome and make for a great demo as a salesperson, and the mono screens look very old school. The same problem tho (color screens), they don't even seem to be able to be bright enough, or get washed out easily. I understand there are newer displays that don't have this problem, but when it all comes down to it, they are expensive, and genesys is being put down because of it's expense already. I find the screen on the genesys to do exactly what it needs to do...

My personal preference would be to stay away from the touch screen as I think that they would spend less time trying to make the buttons and the user interface workable as an instrument and use "soft" touchscreen buttons and multiple layers of menus (which I personally hate, I love to be able to get around on the instrument fast, with as few button pushes as possible). I like that fact, that even with a glare on the screen and light in my eyes, I can feel my way around.

So, Yes, I am sure we would sell more instruments with one or both of those features. Is it really nessesary? Does it really help? Sincerely if I am missing something, please tell me.. I am sort of old school when it comes to my instruments, and personally happier with an LED than a screen at all.

If any of you know the Kurzweil Mark 10 (Digital Piano). I loved that instrument, it was a sea of led buttons, and with a single glance or a button push you could do pretty much everything the instrument could do.