Mike,

You did not offend me, nor upset me with your comments. I wanted you to see that it is really a catch twenty-two. Just because the large catalog store shows your product in there catalog doesn't mean they have them and display, demonstrate them. In some market areas we have better coverage than other keyboard manufactures.

So here is the dilemma and I will give an example from when I worked retail.

I worked and managed a large locally owned music store with multiple locations. We sold a ton of keyboards. We never stocked any of the high-end arrangers that were in catalogs. The main reason, was because we needed to make X amount of money from a sale to make it worthwhile to demonstrate and support and train the customer to use the instrument. When a catalog company sells an instrument, they normally do none of these things. They just sell you a box, in which they can sell you the product for far less than a store that give you the full meal deal. With slab style products (non-arranger, mostly 88 note pianos and synths) a store like the one I worked for could compete, because those instruments are sold with very little support, and we could easily compete on price. You could sell 5-10 slab keyboards in the time it would take you to sell 1 arranger style instrument. So simply put, if there is good profit to selling the instrument, more and more people will want to sell them and show them. This doesn't happen overnight, but is happening, distribution is a lot better than it was just a year ago, and is getting better.

Those truly interested in purchasing a new instrument and would like have a demonstration and play a genesys PRO or any other instruments Generalmusic builds, send me an email. I will either locate a dealer near by, or arrange something to get you the opportunity to play the instrument.

Sincerely,

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US