Paul,

I was going to keep quiet, but since you asked...

I live in the 6th largest US city. A number of local dealers (an independent store which carries all sorts of keyboards, and a local chain) had told me they would not be ordering the Genesys range because generally (in the past) GEM keyboard had not sold well.

At this point I think it is the Generalmusic USA that would have the most to gain from offering to accept the returns (should their instruments indeed be returned) within a reasonable amount of time (e.g. 30-45 days), which is what most people here can expect when dealing with a major retailer (who unfortunately, do not carry your products). If that does not fly with your bosses, the least GEM can do is provide free units for display for at least some of your dealers (or promise to accept a return of their demo unit if it does not sell).

I think that considering that the price and the features of the upcoming competition (e.g. Korg PA1X, which is comparable in features and price, but has a better distribution channel) your company needs to move very aggressively between now and when Korg units are actually shipped, (and definitely before the Winter NAMM).

Otherwise, GEM will find itself in the same situation as it did with the WK4 - the instrument was very advanced when it came out, but the slow sales kept the company from updating it. As a result it fell behind the times.

Regards,
Alex