SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#62536 - 10/08/05 06:32 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
RJB Offline

Loc: Auburn, N Y, U S
Nigel, I do not think you should cut this thread. It is an interesting study in human nature. Dick Bergin

#62537 - 10/08/05 11:44 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Jupitar5:
Hmmm....I still think this forum should be renamed "[b]Technics & Yamaha Discussions"....

[/B]

When you look at the thread titles there does seem to be a lot of debate about other keyboards (Tyros 2 mainly) as Technics keyboards become harder to repair and forum members move on to other keyboards I can only see the pattern of topic steering even further away from Technics. It has to be remembered that many members here don't want to talk about anything but Technics instruments, I can remember some time ago a forum member expressing his delight about buying a Roland G70, there followed the normal pattern of disruption by Johnnie C and the usual few, and the member defected to the Roland forum, if I remember rightly he returned after much protest to continue in a very informative thread.

It's obvious that other keyboards will be mentioned here and I think you're right in time Yamaha will talked about as much as Technics if not more. My hope is that those that who only want to discuss Technics keyboards could just ignore, and not disrupt the threads about other keyboards.

Kind regards

Peter

#62538 - 10/09/05 01:18 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
Johnnie.c Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden:

Some years ago I bought my wife an MGF Sports car, it was and still is absolutely superb, it was parked on our drive where many people walk by, many of these passing people I stop and speak to on a casual basis, as you do! Nearly all remarked about the nice car, but a good many pretended it wasn't there, looking the other way etc.

There's one thing that has been puzzling me??
Where do all these people Quote" many" come from that pass by your drive when you live in a cul-de-sac of mainly elderly residents Quote"I live in a cul-de-sac of mainly retired folk"

[This message has been edited by Johnnie.c (edited 10-09-2005).]

#62539 - 10/09/05 03:18 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnie.c:
There's one thing that has been puzzling me??
Where do all these people Quote" many" come from that pass by your drive when you live in a cul-de-sac of mainly elderly residents Quote"I live in a cul-de-sac of mainly retired folk"

[This message has been edited by Johnnie.c (edited 10-09-2005).]

Here's another quite pathetic example of Johnnie C trying to disrupt a very informative thread about the Tyros 2, seen your disruptive manner so many times before.

It's quite obvious you don't want any constructive part in this thread.

Peter

#62540 - 10/09/05 04:34 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
technicsplayer Offline

What a joke! where's the information about tyros 2 in this thread? discounting myself, no one here has seen one, played one, or heard one live, there is no "information" about tyros 2. All there is is bragging about buying one and denigrating those who are not contemplating it at this time.

For one who claims "constructive" discussion you characteristically ignore replying to the specific points raised by myself and Walt Meyer on the previous page.

#62541 - 10/09/05 04:40 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Hendershot:
Nigel, it seems to me that it's about time to lock this unfortunate thread, and we can get back to more pleasant and productive dialog.

I'm not sure that close the tread is any good solution. We had enough deleting members posts and closing treads in the past, and as most of us probably remember, we had some quite hot discussions regarding censorship etc. in the past.

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
It's obvious that other keyboards will be mentioned here and I think you're right in time Yamaha will talked about as much as Technics if not more. My hope is that those that who only want to discuss Technics keyboards could just ignore, and not disrupt the threads about other keyboards.

Yes of course other keyboards have been and always will be discussed, compared to eachother etc. But as long as SZ already have both Yamaha and also the Gen.Arr. forums, it is maybe a idea not to make all the forums like a "lookalike mixture" of everything. When I enter the Ketron forum, I expect that it's Ketron that's about, not advertising or tell everybody to buy other keyboardbrand because I do so myself. If so, why not have everything on Gen.Arr. part of the SZ?

Happy playing
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#62542 - 10/09/05 06:47 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Yes of course other keyboards have been and always will be discussed, compared to eachother etc. But as long as SZ already have both Yamaha and also the Gen.Arr. forums, it is maybe a idea not to make all the forums like a "lookalike mixture" of everything. When I enter the Ketron forum, I expect that it's Ketron that's about, not advertising or tell everybody to buy other keyboardbrand because I do so myself. If so, why not have everything on Gen.Arr. part of the SZ?

Happy playing
GJ

I'm not sure if closing the thread is the answer either, it's quite clear to me and i'm sure many others what is going on. The intention of Technicsplayer and Johnnie C is quite clearly to disrupt any thread that does not interest them, or is not about Technics keyboards, I suppose it would help just to ignore them and their childish argumentative comments.

That's about all you can do, or go look at other threads and hope the pair of them are occupied arguing with someone somewhere else on the Technics forum.

Good luck again Bill with your new Tyros 2
If you write a review and record anything can you let me know by emailing me.

Kind regards

Peter

#62543 - 10/09/05 08:03 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Phil Lynch:
posted by BEBOP: "SHAME ON ME"

Well, where do I start with this post, first I will say it’s everyone to their own
taste, to be fair Bebop has not rubbished Technics! He has always praised the
KN series! If he wants to purchase a Tyros 2 then, why not. If when he plays
about with it, and does not like it he will surely buy something else!
I have myself had over the years, lots of Technics, in 1985 I bought the SX-k250.
the 350-500-700. I then bought the KN1000, next the KN2000. I sold that one and
bought the KN5000, I sold that one, and bought the KN2000, I sold that and bought
the KN6000, I sold that one and bought the KN2000, I sold that and bought and
bought the KN7000, I kept that and bought the KN2000, I sold that and bought another KN7000, I now have two KN7000’s. Guess what I bought today???
A KN2000, I will sell one of the KN7000’s, but I have firmly decided I will
Never, never again part with the KN2000. which takes me to the point of,
“everyone to their own choice” Mine is definitely the KN2000, and will always
Remain so. No use saying to me it’s old hat, to you maybe, but it’s my decision
And my choice. It sounds great to me. Lets face it we all have soft spots for old KN’s
and I wager I am not the only one who likes the KN2000, the first major keyboard
made by any manufacturer.
Kind regards to all.
Joe.

Hi Plil,
What was (is)special about the KN2000? Surely the KN7000 has all that the 2000 had and much much more.Personaly I'm sticking to my KN7000 because I think it is the BEST keyboard that has been produced in recent years,so call me anold "stick in the mud if you like"
Derek Munson

#62544 - 10/09/05 08:11 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Phil Lynch:
posted by BEBOP: "SHAME ON ME"

Well, where do I start with this post, first I will say it’s everyone to their own
taste, to be fair Bebop has not rubbished Technics! He has always praised the
KN series! If he wants to purchase a Tyros 2 then, why not. If when he plays
about with it, and does not like it he will surely buy something else!
I have myself had over the years, lots of Technics, in 1985 I bought the SX-k250.
the 350-500-700. I then bought the KN1000, next the KN2000. I sold that one and
bought the KN5000, I sold that one, and bought the KN2000, I sold that and bought
the KN6000, I sold that one and bought the KN2000, I sold that and bought and
bought the KN7000, I kept that and bought the KN2000, I sold that and bought another KN7000, I now have two KN7000’s. Guess what I bought today???
A KN2000, I will sell one of the KN7000’s, but I have firmly decided I will
Never, never again part with the KN2000. which takes me to the point of,
“everyone to their own choice” Mine is definitely the KN2000, and will always
Remain so. No use saying to me it’s old hat, to you maybe, but it’s my decision
And my choice. It sounds great to me. Lets face it we all have soft spots for old KN’s
and I wager I am not the only one who likes the KN2000, the first major keyboard
made by any manufacturer.
Kind regards to all.
Joe.

Hi Plil,
What was (is)special about the KN2000? Surely the KN7000 has all that the 2000 had and much much more.Personaly I'm sticking to my KN7000 because I think it is the BEST keyboard that has been produced in recent years,so call me anold "stick in the mud if you like"
Derek Munson

#62545 - 10/09/05 08:26 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
Peter Lowden Offline

I expect most people looking for a good price of Tyros 2 have seen this, but just incase it's advertised here http://www.piedog.com/PDGShop.asp?WCI=htmDeptProducts&WCE=SearchClick for £2,195 that's before you start bargaining.

Kind regards

Peter

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online