SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#62496 - 10/05/05 09:08 AM SHAME ON ME
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
WEll then SHAME ON ME, because i was the first person to place an order for the Tyros 2 with Dan O in Baltimore. I am anticipating my November delivery with great glee while I arrange to sell either 3 of 4 or 4 of 4 Technics keyboards.
If I was not a progressive then i would still be using a commodore 64 with Quantum link and a lowrey micro genie keyboard.
Wake up people the world is changing every day. Few people are driving Model T Fords today. We have a used keyboard store in San Jose. I just wish all you negative folks could visit it one day with me. It is like a museum. It has every antique keyboard that was the top of the line in its day but no buyers today. They sound kinda funny now days also.
I agree with everything that Scott wrote in his post.
One other thing that comes to mind. when you sell your Technics keyboards put a notice in the box with the synthzone address and specifically the Technics forum address. The newbies will need help if it is their first Technics and for many it will be, as I only see newbies buying Technics.
I got this forum going 6 years ago and I am really happy to see you all here and the growth in this forum over the years. I believe it will still be active long after I am gone, until the last Technics breaks down and no more spare parts.
However..... having said that i do need to stay current and I believe personally after several months research, I have narrowed the field of choice FOR ME to the G 70, the PA1X and the Tyros 2. I ordered the Tyros 2 Three weeks ago. it was the unanimous winner of the competition for my vote and dollars.
Best to all
Bebop
Retired moderator of the Technics Forum.
Special thanks to Nigel for all you have given to us for the Technics Forum. Long may it live
Bb

#62497 - 10/05/05 10:40 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
WEll then SHAME ON ME, Bb

Perhaps it has not sunk in yet but some in fact a lot of people are quite happy with their Technics keyboards whatever model and they certainly don't want you telling them that they ought to be moving on.
Just because you have never been able to find a keyboard that can satisfy you hence the reason why your machines are either in your motor home or a warehouse or even both places at the same time if you can work that one out.
OK so you are in the market for a new machine probably not the first in the world but then most people would just do it without the need to brag about it.

#62498 - 10/05/05 10:41 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
Peter Lowden Offline

People get stuck in their ways Bebop, it's as simple as that, to me it defies simple logic. Every musician is looking for a better sound, a nicer tone, etc etc.
I just can't believe that anyone can think they've found the ultimate sound in any keyboard, and lose the enthusiam to make better music.

This will make you laugh, it's the same sort of situation. I live in a cul-de-sac of mainly retired folk, none of whom like change, if the dustman calls on a different day it's the end of the world, no what I mean!

A couple of years ago our local cable company approached the entire village about installing cable to every house. In the cul-de-sac a meeting was held by the local retired policman who strongly recommended to all present that cable should not be installed, all of the residents in our cul-de-sac signed a patition expressing their disapproval, they'd always been with BT and didn't want anything to do with the new cable network service.

When I talked to some of my neighbours about the cable service none of them really new what it was all about and wait for it they didn't even want to know.

Two years later and now the dust has settled no less than 6 residents have signed up for the new cable service.

In my view It's a simple case of blinkered vision.

Enjoy your new keyboard Bebop, you'll love it!

Kind regards to all

Peter

[This message has been edited by Peter Lowden (edited 10-05-2005).]

#62499 - 10/05/05 11:18 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
kn7 Offline

Peter,

Here is a case of WAIT AND SEE. The old people should still hold out. CABLE is not only NOT as good as DISH network (digital signal) but much more expensive. You can get DISH through your local telephone company as well as Internet service for a lot less than what ISP costs. It boils down to personal decision and above all, careful thought.

#62500 - 10/05/05 11:41 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kn7:
[B]Peter,

Here is a case of WAIT AND SEE. The old people should still hold out. CABLE is not only NOT as good as DISH network (digital signal) but much more expensive.B]

Hi kn7,

Nothing to do with wait and see i'm afraid (which is always a good policy) this was simply don't want it it's new and we've always got by OK with BT. As for a dish on the wall, they all recieve their TV via analogue aerials. My elderly neighbour who lives sadly on her own watches a dreadful picture every evening, I tried for an hour several months ago to explain the cheaper benefits of cable TV and phone, she would save at least £20 a month, couldn't convince her though, it's like I say old habits die hard!

When the promotional offers from cable were posted through our doors the line rental was half the price of BT and the calls 75% cheaper, did they jump at the offer no they dug there heels in further.

For those that did take advantage of the new service we got cheaper calls broadband internet and 30 free chanels.

What's the sense in watching a dreadful picture, when it could be perfect, why watch a black and white tele when there's colour, why only want to play a keyboard that's several years old when there's so much more beside on offer. The answer, BLINKERED VISION!!

Kind regards

Peter

#62501 - 10/05/05 12:05 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
-----------------------------------------------BEBOP says---------------------------------
WEll then SHAME ON ME, because i was the first person to place an order for the Tyros 2 with Dan O in Baltimore

Well bully for you - personally I couldn't care less. If I wanted a Tyros 2 I would order one - wouldn't bother posting it on the forum though as I am sure that the majority of readers of this forum are either going to purchase one or not depending on whether they personally want one. - Joan

#62502 - 10/05/05 12:29 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I feel we should beyond Bebop buying a Tyros 2. This forum has been special to many, and I wish to give thanks to people like Nigel and Bebop that helped make it possible. But the fact is that Technics is now out of business, and there is no future KN8000. That is sad for the many that are on this forum, and those who look anxiously to the next model.

When I bought a Tyros part of me felt guilt ? Am I being disloyal? Am I jumping ship? None of the above, I love to discover, to learn and grow in my keyboard knowledge. Tyros did that for me, now I have it up for sale.
Do I feel any guilt about selling the Tyros? ---Naw! What's this guilt that I am talking about? To me, I feel that I am displaying how much this forum and the people who add mean to me. There is no guilt or loyalty feelings when I sold my first Tyros, and I have none selling my second Tyros.

It is not about keyboards, it's all about people and loss of something they love and enjoy. Life must go on and so must new keyboards --- have you noticed the excitement on the forum when a new model of Technics came out? it is no longer. Meanwhile the general Arranger forum is buzzing.

This is my home, and I will stay until it is my time to move on. Right now I own a KN7000 and I am using it for my coming jobs, it?s like an old precious friend.

Now if you think that Bebop did not have some of these feelings, think again. He is being real, and I guess he may be a little stronger about "looking the other way and moving on".

Please, Only My Humble Opinion, John C.

[This message has been edited by bruno123 (edited 10-05-2005).]

#62503 - 10/05/05 12:43 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Once the technology - the keyboard - meets my needs then for me it's the song specific style files and the sheet music that consume my interest - guess we all have different ways of amusing ourselves - look at those strange folk that run forwards with an oval shaped ball towards the goal-line and then throw the ball backwards (U.K. not U.S.A.). Then there are those that hit a small bit of rounded rubber with the small end of a stick towards a tiny tiny hole...what's that all about, eh!
Rog

#62504 - 10/05/05 01:10 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
Once the technology - the keyboard - meets my needs then for me it's the song specific style files and the sheet music that consume my interest - guess we all have different ways of amusing ourselves - look at those strange folk that run forwards with an oval shaped ball towards the goal-line and then throw the ball backwards (U.K. not U.S.A.). Then there are those that hit a small bit of rounded rubber with the small end of a stick towards a tiny tiny hole...what's that all about, eh!
Rog

Hi Roger,

Winning I suppose, being the best, achieving a first class result. Sportsman or musician you have to have ambition. Without it, why bother!

Kind regards

Peter

#62505 - 10/05/05 01:17 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
kn7 Offline

Peter,

We are on different wave lengths. You are in the UK and I am in America. This HAS to be where you are coming from concerning DISH. It's digital signal here, my friend AND CHEAPER.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online