Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#62516 - 10/07/05 11:04 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Phil Lynch:
posted by BEBOP: "SHAME ON ME"

Well, where do I start with this post, first I will say it’s everyone to their own
taste, to be fair Bebop has not rubbished Technics! He has always praised the
KN series! If he wants to purchase a Tyros 2 then, why not. If when he plays
about with it, and does not like it he will surely buy something else!
I have myself had over the years, lots of Technics, in 1985 I bought the SX-k250.
the 350-500-700. I then bought the KN1000, next the KN2000. I sold that one and
bought the KN5000, I sold that one, and bought the KN2000, I sold that and bought
the KN6000, I sold that one and bought the KN2000, I sold that and bought and
bought the KN7000, I kept that and bought the KN2000, I sold that and bought another KN7000, I now have two KN7000’s. Guess what I bought today???
A KN2000, I will sell one of the KN7000’s, but I have firmly decided I will
Never, never again part with the KN2000. which takes me to the point of,
“everyone to their own choice” Mine is definitely the KN2000, and will always
Remain so. No use saying to me it’s old hat, to you maybe, but it’s my decision
And my choice. It sounds great to me. Lets face it we all have soft spots for old KN’s
and I wager I am not the only one who likes the KN2000, the first major keyboard
made by any manufacturer.
Kind regards to all.
Joe.

Hi Phil,

You certainly don't fall into the non adventurous category. It would appear you, like the majority, are always looking for something better even if you always seem to go back to your old favourite instrument.
No doubt you'll keep searching and one day who knows maybe you'll fall in love with Tyros 2 or 3? It's those that don't search that I feel miss out on so much.

Kind regards

Peter

#62517 - 10/07/05 12:23 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Ho folks

Maybe this is more a matter of "don't be so high on the horse and yell: Heeyy, see what I have done, go out and do the same everybody" sort of thing?
Maybe a more humble way, like "I'm very hopeful to the features of the new Tyros2 and decided to buy one to find out" would do better.

Myself, I'm still happy with my good old KN5000 and other stuff I have to play on and have fun with here, and even if I like to explore new things, it's not a big deal for me to be the very first to have anything at all.
Technics or not doesent matter, there will always be something new to replace the winner of today, Tyros2 will probably be this years hit, but next year, who knows? That's the way it is, it's the nature of evolution.

Have fun, and happy playing everybody.
Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#62518 - 10/07/05 12:42 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
RC Offline

Loc: Pa Usa
"don't be so high on the horse and yell: Heeyy, see what I have done, go out and do the same everybody" sort of thing?

"Ditto"

#62519 - 10/07/05 12:51 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
Jack Docters Offline

Loc: Eindhoven Netherlands
You hit the neal right on the head Gunnar.
"Happy playing is our Slogan "

Jack

#62520 - 10/07/05 03:16 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
I say "double ditto".
It's nice that you bought a new keyboard Bebop but I could care less about what you buy!
I'm pretty sure that most of us have listened to the Ty-2 demos and can make up our own minds.
Just my opinion,
Walt

RC said
"don't be so high on the horse and yell: Heeyy, see what I have done, go out and do the same everybody" sort of thing?

"Ditto"

#62521 - 10/07/05 04:20 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
Anonymous
Unregistered

I forgot two other keyboards I had.
The KN2400 and the KN2600.
Really good instruments.
kind regards.
Joe

#62522 - 10/08/05 01:00 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
Peter Lowden Offline

I've often wondered why, when someone buys something really nice there are always those who congratulate, and there are those who (in the words of some of the forum members) say "I couldn't care less what you buy"

It's a sad fact that many people don't like it when someone makes progress even promotion in the office causes resentment.

Some years ago I bought my wife an MGF Sports car, it was and still is absolutely superb, it was parked on our drive where many people walk by, many of these passing people I stop and speak to on a casual basis, as you do! Nearly all remarked about the nice car, but a good many pretended it wasn't there, looking the other way etc.

I think jealousy must play a part in this somewhere.

Kind regards

Peter

#62523 - 10/08/05 02:14 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Hi Bill,
Its a long time since we last met on the Forum,Do you remember I had Sold my Technics 6500 and purchased the Yamaha Psr9000.Well like you I am forever moving on,I now live in Germany,my new Tyros2 is being delivered on the 15th of October and I am still loving making music.If some of the younger members, when they get to our age are as progressive and comitted to their music the forum will never die.My sincere best wishes to you ,Rocky and of course you good Lady.

Gilbert.

[This message has been edited by gilbert (edited 10-08-2005).]

#62524 - 10/08/05 02:57 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
I've often wondered why, when someone buys something really nice there are always those who congratulate, and there are those who (in the words of some of the forum members) say "I couldn't care less what you buy"

Maybe a good point, but in our area we use to say: "Don't sell the coat before the bear is shot", so I don't think anyone would not say congrats, rather wait to do it until there is some reality before join the halleluhja choir.

Happy playing, whatever we play on.
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 10-08-2005).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#62525 - 10/08/05 04:18 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
Peter Lowden Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
[B] so I don't think anyone would not say congrats, rather wait to do it until there is some reality before join the halleluhja choir.

Happy playing, whatever we play on.
GJ

Well it'a bit negative GJ, to only congratulate somebody on their new toy once it's been proved a massive winner.
Everyday we congratulate somebody because they've taken the plunge, but we don't know if it will work out, for instance:

When someone gets married we congratulate them, but they could be divorced in a year! nobody says i'll congratulate you both in 10 years once I know your marriage will work.

When somebody gets a new high class job we congratulate them now, not when they've held the job down for 5 years and they are a proved high flying executive.

Do you honestly believe GJ that those members who at the moment say "I couldn't care less what you've bought" might one day (if Tyros 2 proves to be a big winner) then offer their congratulations on a wise choice!!!

If you believe that you'll believe anything.

If the outcome is unknown I always say " Congratulations and good luck"

Kind regards

Peter

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online