SHAME ON ME

Posted by: BEBOP

SHAME ON ME - 10/05/05 09:08 AM

WEll then SHAME ON ME, because i was the first person to place an order for the Tyros 2 with Dan O in Baltimore. I am anticipating my November delivery with great glee while I arrange to sell either 3 of 4 or 4 of 4 Technics keyboards.
If I was not a progressive then i would still be using a commodore 64 with Quantum link and a lowrey micro genie keyboard.
Wake up people the world is changing every day. Few people are driving Model T Fords today. We have a used keyboard store in San Jose. I just wish all you negative folks could visit it one day with me. It is like a museum. It has every antique keyboard that was the top of the line in its day but no buyers today. They sound kinda funny now days also.
I agree with everything that Scott wrote in his post.
One other thing that comes to mind. when you sell your Technics keyboards put a notice in the box with the synthzone address and specifically the Technics forum address. The newbies will need help if it is their first Technics and for many it will be, as I only see newbies buying Technics.
I got this forum going 6 years ago and I am really happy to see you all here and the growth in this forum over the years. I believe it will still be active long after I am gone, until the last Technics breaks down and no more spare parts.
However..... having said that i do need to stay current and I believe personally after several months research, I have narrowed the field of choice FOR ME to the G 70, the PA1X and the Tyros 2. I ordered the Tyros 2 Three weeks ago. it was the unanimous winner of the competition for my vote and dollars.
Best to all
Bebop
Retired moderator of the Technics Forum.
Special thanks to Nigel for all you have given to us for the Technics Forum. Long may it live
Bb
Posted by: Johnnie.c

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/05/05 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
WEll then SHAME ON ME, Bb

Perhaps it has not sunk in yet but some in fact a lot of people are quite happy with their Technics keyboards whatever model and they certainly don't want you telling them that they ought to be moving on.
Just because you have never been able to find a keyboard that can satisfy you hence the reason why your machines are either in your motor home or a warehouse or even both places at the same time if you can work that one out.
OK so you are in the market for a new machine probably not the first in the world but then most people would just do it without the need to brag about it.
Posted by: Peter Lowden

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/05/05 10:41 AM

People get stuck in their ways Bebop, it's as simple as that, to me it defies simple logic. Every musician is looking for a better sound, a nicer tone, etc etc.
I just can't believe that anyone can think they've found the ultimate sound in any keyboard, and lose the enthusiam to make better music.

This will make you laugh, it's the same sort of situation. I live in a cul-de-sac of mainly retired folk, none of whom like change, if the dustman calls on a different day it's the end of the world, no what I mean!

A couple of years ago our local cable company approached the entire village about installing cable to every house. In the cul-de-sac a meeting was held by the local retired policman who strongly recommended to all present that cable should not be installed, all of the residents in our cul-de-sac signed a patition expressing their disapproval, they'd always been with BT and didn't want anything to do with the new cable network service.

When I talked to some of my neighbours about the cable service none of them really new what it was all about and wait for it they didn't even want to know.

Two years later and now the dust has settled no less than 6 residents have signed up for the new cable service.

In my view It's a simple case of blinkered vision.

Enjoy your new keyboard Bebop, you'll love it!

Kind regards to all

Peter

[This message has been edited by Peter Lowden (edited 10-05-2005).]

Posted by: kn7

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/05/05 11:18 AM

Peter,

Here is a case of WAIT AND SEE. The old people should still hold out. CABLE is not only NOT as good as DISH network (digital signal) but much more expensive. You can get DISH through your local telephone company as well as Internet service for a lot less than what ISP costs. It boils down to personal decision and above all, careful thought.

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/05/05 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kn7:
[B]Peter,

Here is a case of WAIT AND SEE. The old people should still hold out. CABLE is not only NOT as good as DISH network (digital signal) but much more expensive.B]

Hi kn7,

Nothing to do with wait and see i'm afraid (which is always a good policy) this was simply don't want it it's new and we've always got by OK with BT. As for a dish on the wall, they all recieve their TV via analogue aerials. My elderly neighbour who lives sadly on her own watches a dreadful picture every evening, I tried for an hour several months ago to explain the cheaper benefits of cable TV and phone, she would save at least £20 a month, couldn't convince her though, it's like I say old habits die hard!

When the promotional offers from cable were posted through our doors the line rental was half the price of BT and the calls 75% cheaper, did they jump at the offer no they dug there heels in further.

For those that did take advantage of the new service we got cheaper calls broadband internet and 30 free chanels.

What's the sense in watching a dreadful picture, when it could be perfect, why watch a black and white tele when there's colour, why only want to play a keyboard that's several years old when there's so much more beside on offer. The answer, BLINKERED VISION!!

Kind regards

Peter

Posted by: Joan

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/05/05 12:05 PM

-----------------------------------------------BEBOP says---------------------------------
WEll then SHAME ON ME, because i was the first person to place an order for the Tyros 2 with Dan O in Baltimore

Well bully for you - personally I couldn't care less. If I wanted a Tyros 2 I would order one - wouldn't bother posting it on the forum though as I am sure that the majority of readers of this forum are either going to purchase one or not depending on whether they personally want one. - Joan
Posted by: bruno123

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/05/05 12:29 PM

I feel we should beyond Bebop buying a Tyros 2. This forum has been special to many, and I wish to give thanks to people like Nigel and Bebop that helped make it possible. But the fact is that Technics is now out of business, and there is no future KN8000. That is sad for the many that are on this forum, and those who look anxiously to the next model.

When I bought a Tyros part of me felt guilt ? Am I being disloyal? Am I jumping ship? None of the above, I love to discover, to learn and grow in my keyboard knowledge. Tyros did that for me, now I have it up for sale.
Do I feel any guilt about selling the Tyros? ---Naw! What's this guilt that I am talking about? To me, I feel that I am displaying how much this forum and the people who add mean to me. There is no guilt or loyalty feelings when I sold my first Tyros, and I have none selling my second Tyros.

It is not about keyboards, it's all about people and loss of something they love and enjoy. Life must go on and so must new keyboards --- have you noticed the excitement on the forum when a new model of Technics came out? it is no longer. Meanwhile the general Arranger forum is buzzing.

This is my home, and I will stay until it is my time to move on. Right now I own a KN7000 and I am using it for my coming jobs, it?s like an old precious friend.

Now if you think that Bebop did not have some of these feelings, think again. He is being real, and I guess he may be a little stronger about "looking the other way and moving on".

Please, Only My Humble Opinion, John C.

[This message has been edited by bruno123 (edited 10-05-2005).]
Posted by: RMepstead

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/05/05 12:43 PM

Once the technology - the keyboard - meets my needs then for me it's the song specific style files and the sheet music that consume my interest - guess we all have different ways of amusing ourselves - look at those strange folk that run forwards with an oval shaped ball towards the goal-line and then throw the ball backwards (U.K. not U.S.A.). Then there are those that hit a small bit of rounded rubber with the small end of a stick towards a tiny tiny hole...what's that all about, eh!
Rog

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/05/05 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
Once the technology - the keyboard - meets my needs then for me it's the song specific style files and the sheet music that consume my interest - guess we all have different ways of amusing ourselves - look at those strange folk that run forwards with an oval shaped ball towards the goal-line and then throw the ball backwards (U.K. not U.S.A.). Then there are those that hit a small bit of rounded rubber with the small end of a stick towards a tiny tiny hole...what's that all about, eh!
Rog

Hi Roger,

Winning I suppose, being the best, achieving a first class result. Sportsman or musician you have to have ambition. Without it, why bother!

Kind regards

Peter

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/05/05 01:17 PM

Peter,

We are on different wave lengths. You are in the UK and I am in America. This HAS to be where you are coming from concerning DISH. It's digital signal here, my friend AND CHEAPER.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/05/05 02:42 PM

I am just happy that Bebop is happily anticipating his new toy. That,s why we make music, to make ourselves and others happy.
Over the years I have bought 20 keyboards,at least. The reason is I thought I would sound better. In my case, I hindered my progress by having to learn a new KB all over again in some cases.

I have not even come close to mastering the KN7000. I don't think any board will do something for me that this one won't, but that's me not Bebop.

Congratulations my friend. Time is too short to worry about trivia.

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/05/05 11:48 PM

Quote:
Peter,

We are on different wave lengths. You are in the UK and I am in America. This HAS to be where you are coming from concerning DISH. It's digital signal here, my friend AND CHEAPER.

Hi KN7,

In the UK Digital TV is the most popular as well, the old Analogue signal is being slowly fased out. When you sign up for digital be it cable or Dish you get cheap phone calls.

My point is why would my neighbour want to watch an old, poor quality, analogue picture and pay more for her phone calls when there's a better picture with digital available and it would cost her less.

The above situation is very similar to someone who won't even consider a new instrument simply because they won't move on, they prefer like my neighbour to live in the past with old technology.

Kind regards

Peter

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/06/05 12:36 PM

Thanks to those of you that posted positive posts, and to those that are stuck in their little ruts, I feel sad for you.
I have been a business man all my life manufacturing machinery in the Million dollar plus range. Had I not of been progressive, I would still be manufacturing the first machine I ever brought out in 1959 and/or living in the poor house and unable to afford any kind of a keyboard.
Keep on Keeping on as the World continues to spin.
It doesnt mean squat what other people thing about your motivations. Let them squirm in their own little ruts,
Best to all the rest of you,
BEBOP
PS to NIGEL: Free to edit if you feel it is necessary,
Bill

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/06/05 01:27 PM

I have to agree with you Bill,

Some people through life grab every opportunity, they always seem to make something of nothing with their incredible enthusiasm, others are content with very little, and never strive to their full potential. We're all different and I imagine it very hard for someone with such ambition like you to understand somebody who is so content and laid back with very little enthusiasm.

You enjoy your Tyros 2 Bill you cannot fail to have the last laugh, remember, those forum members who want to play only their Technics keyboards are every day, one day closer to not being able to get their keyboards serviced and repaired, they will in time be forced into reality, the sought after Technics keyboards of today will very quickly become the dinosaur of tommorrow.

Good luck Bill with your new toy

Kind regards

Peter

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/06/05 08:34 PM

HI PETER,
Maybe I'll sell these Technics keyboards as parts. I'll start a technics keyboard wrecking yard and sell slightly used parts to all the die hards
Bebop
Posted by: Nigel

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/06/05 10:19 PM

The decision to move on or not is completely a personal one and really means nothing in itself. It's all about music after all. If advancing to a new keyboard expands your musical potential then there is no question that that is right thing to do. On the other hand if you feel that the keyboard you currently use allows you to express yourself musically then it is fine to keep exploring musically using that setup.

It really is all about the music and not the technology. Don't get me wrong if improved technology expands your horizons then certainly embrace that. On the other hand it is ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC.

See my thread on the Roland MT32 http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum35/HTML/000461.html from well over 15 years ago where I point out that the music is the priority and not the technology by itself .... though technology can certainly help to musically express yourself much clearer. There is no clear answer here. It is completely up to the indiviual musician. But it is always the resulting music that matters whatever you decide to play.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 10-06-2005).]

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/06/05 11:48 PM

Quote:
HI PETER,
Maybe I'll sell these Technics keyboards as parts. I'll start a technics keyboard wrecking yard and sell slightly used parts to all the die hards
Bebop

You've hit the nail squarely on the head Bill. This is exactly what will happen, people will have to deliver their keyboards to some remote Technics scrap yard, and with parts so scarce the prices will be extortionate, the keyboard that we all love will quite quickly become a pain in the back side.

Many dog owners buy a puppy before their old dog dies!

Kind regards

Peter
Posted by: bruno123

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/07/05 05:17 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peter Lowden:

Many dog owners buy a puppy before their old dog dies!

Kind regards

Peter

Gee Peter, I hope my wife doesn't do that to me.
John C.
Posted by: pratzert

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/07/05 05:55 AM

Bill,

I'm a little ashamed to see some personal attacks on you for your choice. I always thought the little bickering back and forth between the Technics and Yamaha owners was merely friendly "rib-jabbing" and done tongue-in-cheek. Apparently, some have taken it beyond that point.

I respect your choice and appreciate the fact that you've have offered your opinion. That's exactly what this forum is about. No need to be so passionate about what keyboard someone plays that it turns into a pissing match.

I also look forward to your "review" of your new keyboard which will help guide many of us to the "light".

Please don't get too upset... I remember hearing someone say "Forgive them Lord, for they know NOT what they do ! "

Thanks again for all of your intellegent input and hard work on ALL of the forums.

Tim Pratzer
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/07/05 10:49 AM

posted by BEBOP: "SHAME ON ME"

Well, where do I start with this post, first I will say it’s everyone to their own
taste, to be fair Bebop has not rubbished Technics! He has always praised the
KN series! If he wants to purchase a Tyros 2 then, why not. If when he plays
about with it, and does not like it he will surely buy something else!
I have myself had over the years, lots of Technics, in 1985 I bought the SX-k250.
the 350-500-700. I then bought the KN1000, next the KN2000. I sold that one and
bought the KN5000, I sold that one, and bought the KN2000, I sold that and bought
the KN6000, I sold that one and bought the KN2000, I sold that and bought and
bought the KN7000, I kept that and bought the KN2000, I sold that and bought another KN7000, I now have two KN7000’s. Guess what I bought today???
A KN2000, I will sell one of the KN7000’s, but I have firmly decided I will
Never, never again part with the KN2000. which takes me to the point of,
“everyone to their own choice” Mine is definitely the KN2000, and will always
Remain so. No use saying to me it’s old hat, to you maybe, but it’s my decision
And my choice. It sounds great to me. Lets face it we all have soft spots for old KN’s
and I wager I am not the only one who likes the KN2000, the first major keyboard
made by any manufacturer.
Kind regards to all.
Joe.

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/07/05 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil Lynch:

Well, where do I start with this post, first I will say it’s everyone to their own
I have myself had over the years, lots of Technics, in 1985 I bought the SX-k250.
bought the KN5000, I sold that one, and bought the KN2000, I sold that and bought
bought the KN7000, I kept that and bought the KN2000, I sold that and bought another KN7000, I now have two KN7000’s. Guess what I bought today???
And my choice. It sounds great to me. Lets face it we all have soft spots for old KN’s
and I wager I am not the only one who likes the KN2000, the first major keyboard
Kind regards to all.
Joe.

Hi Phil,

You certainly don't fall into the non adventurous category. It would appear you, like the majority, are always looking for something better even if you always seem to go back to your old favourite instrument.
No doubt you'll keep searching and one day who knows maybe you'll fall in love with Tyros 2 or 3? It's those that don't search that I feel miss out on so much.

Kind regards

Peter
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/07/05 12:23 PM

Ho folks

Maybe this is more a matter of "don't be so high on the horse and yell: Heeyy, see what I have done, go out and do the same everybody" sort of thing?
Maybe a more humble way, like "I'm very hopeful to the features of the new Tyros2 and decided to buy one to find out" would do better.

Myself, I'm still happy with my good old KN5000 and other stuff I have to play on and have fun with here, and even if I like to explore new things, it's not a big deal for me to be the very first to have anything at all.
Technics or not doesent matter, there will always be something new to replace the winner of today, Tyros2 will probably be this years hit, but next year, who knows? That's the way it is, it's the nature of evolution.

Have fun, and happy playing everybody.
Cheers
GJ
Posted by: RC

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/07/05 12:42 PM

"don't be so high on the horse and yell: Heeyy, see what I have done, go out and do the same everybody" sort of thing?

"Ditto"
Posted by: Jack Docters

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/07/05 12:51 PM

You hit the neal right on the head Gunnar.
"Happy playing is our Slogan "

Jack
Posted by: Walt Meyer

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/07/05 03:16 PM

I say "double ditto".
It's nice that you bought a new keyboard Bebop but I could care less about what you buy!
I'm pretty sure that most of us have listened to the Ty-2 demos and can make up our own minds.
Just my opinion,
Walt

RC said
"don't be so high on the horse and yell: Heeyy, see what I have done, go out and do the same everybody" sort of thing?

"Ditto"

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/07/05 04:20 PM

I forgot two other keyboards I had.
The KN2400 and the KN2600.
Really good instruments.
kind regards.
Joe

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/08/05 01:00 AM

I've often wondered why, when someone buys something really nice there are always those who congratulate, and there are those who (in the words of some of the forum members) say "I couldn't care less what you buy"

It's a sad fact that many people don't like it when someone makes progress even promotion in the office causes resentment.

Some years ago I bought my wife an MGF Sports car, it was and still is absolutely superb, it was parked on our drive where many people walk by, many of these passing people I stop and speak to on a casual basis, as you do! Nearly all remarked about the nice car, but a good many pretended it wasn't there, looking the other way etc.

I think jealousy must play a part in this somewhere.

Kind regards

Peter
Posted by: gilbert

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/08/05 02:14 AM

Hi Bill,
Its a long time since we last met on the Forum,Do you remember I had Sold my Technics 6500 and purchased the Yamaha Psr9000.Well like you I am forever moving on,I now live in Germany,my new Tyros2 is being delivered on the 15th of October and I am still loving making music.If some of the younger members, when they get to our age are as progressive and comitted to their music the forum will never die.My sincere best wishes to you ,Rocky and of course you good Lady.

Gilbert.

[This message has been edited by gilbert (edited 10-08-2005).]

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/08/05 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
I've often wondered why, when someone buys something really nice there are always those who congratulate, and there are those who (in the words of some of the forum members) say "I couldn't care less what you buy"

Maybe a good point, but in our area we use to say: "Don't sell the coat before the bear is shot", so I don't think anyone would not say congrats, rather wait to do it until there is some reality before join the halleluhja choir.

Happy playing, whatever we play on.
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 10-08-2005).]

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/08/05 04:18 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
[B] so I don't think anyone would not say congrats, rather wait to do it until there is some reality before join the halleluhja choir.

Happy playing, whatever we play on.
GJ

Well it'a bit negative GJ, to only congratulate somebody on their new toy once it's been proved a massive winner.
Everyday we congratulate somebody because they've taken the plunge, but we don't know if it will work out, for instance:

When someone gets married we congratulate them, but they could be divorced in a year! nobody says i'll congratulate you both in 10 years once I know your marriage will work.

When somebody gets a new high class job we congratulate them now, not when they've held the job down for 5 years and they are a proved high flying executive.

Do you honestly believe GJ that those members who at the moment say "I couldn't care less what you've bought" might one day (if Tyros 2 proves to be a big winner) then offer their congratulations on a wise choice!!!

If you believe that you'll believe anything.

If the outcome is unknown I always say " Congratulations and good luck"

Kind regards

Peter
Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/08/05 06:19 AM

You conveniently ignore the fact that the difference is in this thread it's a question of actively insulting and denigrating those people quotes "not progressive" "negative" "squirming in their little ruts" etc who for whatever reason are not considering a change of keyboard now for whatever reasons of their own free and personal choice.

If the announcements you describe were made with the same conceited and egotistical approach as shown here they would probably get the same result, and that is the real lesson of human nature.
Posted by: Walt Meyer

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/08/05 06:22 AM

Peter
Just to set the record straight - Jealousy has no part in it but bragging does. When you bought the sports car for your wife did you run around to all your neighbors and say "look what I bought, isn't it beautiful, it's the latest model and all the rest of you who have older cars will end up taking them to the junk yard".
Attitude makes all the difference.
Walt
ps: I'm out of this thread.

>>>>"Some years ago I bought my wife an MGF Sports car, it was and still is absolutely superb, it was parked on our drive where many people walk by, many of these passing people I stop and speak to on a casual basis, as you do! Nearly all remarked about the nice car, but a good many pretended it wasn't there, looking the other way etc.

I think jealousy must play a part in this somewhere." <<<<<<<<

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/08/05 10:24 AM

QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by Peter Lowden (edited 10-08-2005).]

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/08/05 10:41 AM

Quote:
QUOTE]

Yea we have already read your quote from Technicsplayer
So Remember
A little thought will save a lot of embarrasment!
Posted by: Sapphire

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/08/05 10:52 AM

WOW!!!!

I did'nt realise you people out there in Synth Zone land could be so BITCHY!!!

If you want a new keyboard, buy one. If you like the keyboard you have, keep it.

End of story as far as I am concerned.

Alan
Posted by: Bob Hendershot

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/08/05 10:59 AM

Nigel, it seems to me that it's about time to lock this unfortunate thread, and we can get back to more pleasant and productive dialog.

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/08/05 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Hendershot:
Nigel, it seems to me that it's about time to lock this unfortunate thread, and we can get back to more pleasant and productive dialog.

Perhaps a good idea is for you to re-read the first post

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/08/05 11:27 AM

Quote:

now that's the most sensible suggestion in the whole sorry episode.
Posted by: Jupitar5

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/08/05 02:40 PM

Hmmm....I still think this forum should be renamed "Technics & Yamaha Discussions"....

------------------------------

Nobodies perfect - but who wants to be a nobody?
Posted by: church

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/08/05 04:42 PM

Quote:
Thanks to those of you that posted positive posts, and to those that are stuck in their little ruts, I feel sad for you.
I have been a business man all my life manufacturing machinery in the Million dollar plus range. Had I not of been progressive, I would still be manufacturing the first machine I ever brought out in 1959 and/or living in the poor house and unable to afford any kind of a keyboard.
It doesnt mean squat what other people thing about your motivations. Let them squirm in their own little ruts,
BEBOP
Bill
Good for you Bill,I'm just Jealous.I'm with you,but I bought the PSR3000,love it,plus I love my Kn6000.#1 for me,If wife was working,which she said no way,I probably would have my House full of Keyboard,I do play all 3 of them.If i could afford the Tyro2,I would go for it.But I look at it this way there will always be a Tyros2,3,4,5,6,.but no KN8000,bummer.Enjoy.Let me know when you get it and How you like it? You got my Email.I think I read one person has it and he Loves it.Have a Good one.Friend
Ron
Posted by: RJB

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/08/05 06:32 PM

Nigel, I do not think you should cut this thread. It is an interesting study in human nature. Dick Bergin

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/08/05 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jupitar5:
Hmmm....I still think this forum should be renamed "[b]Technics & Yamaha Discussions"....

[/B]

When you look at the thread titles there does seem to be a lot of debate about other keyboards (Tyros 2 mainly) as Technics keyboards become harder to repair and forum members move on to other keyboards I can only see the pattern of topic steering even further away from Technics. It has to be remembered that many members here don't want to talk about anything but Technics instruments, I can remember some time ago a forum member expressing his delight about buying a Roland G70, there followed the normal pattern of disruption by Johnnie C and the usual few, and the member defected to the Roland forum, if I remember rightly he returned after much protest to continue in a very informative thread.

It's obvious that other keyboards will be mentioned here and I think you're right in time Yamaha will talked about as much as Technics if not more. My hope is that those that who only want to discuss Technics keyboards could just ignore, and not disrupt the threads about other keyboards.

Kind regards

Peter

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 01:18 AM

Quote:

Some years ago I bought my wife an MGF Sports car, it was and still is absolutely superb, it was parked on our drive where many people walk by, many of these passing people I stop and speak to on a casual basis, as you do! Nearly all remarked about the nice car, but a good many pretended it wasn't there, looking the other way etc.

There's one thing that has been puzzling me??
Where do all these people Quote" many" come from that pass by your drive when you live in a cul-de-sac of mainly elderly residents Quote"I live in a cul-de-sac of mainly retired folk"

[This message has been edited by Johnnie.c (edited 10-09-2005).]

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnie.c:
There's one thing that has been puzzling me??
Where do all these people Quote" many" come from that pass by your drive when you live in a cul-de-sac of mainly elderly residents Quote"I live in a cul-de-sac of mainly retired folk"

[This message has been edited by Johnnie.c (edited 10-09-2005).]

Here's another quite pathetic example of Johnnie C trying to disrupt a very informative thread about the Tyros 2, seen your disruptive manner so many times before.

It's quite obvious you don't want any constructive part in this thread.

Peter

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 04:34 AM

What a joke! where's the information about tyros 2 in this thread? discounting myself, no one here has seen one, played one, or heard one live, there is no "information" about tyros 2. All there is is bragging about buying one and denigrating those who are not contemplating it at this time.

For one who claims "constructive" discussion you characteristically ignore replying to the specific points raised by myself and Walt Meyer on the previous page.

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 04:40 AM

Quote:

I'm not sure that close the tread is any good solution. We had enough deleting members posts and closing treads in the past, and as most of us probably remember, we had some quite hot discussions regarding censorship etc. in the past.

Quote:
It's obvious that other keyboards will be mentioned here and I think you're right in time Yamaha will talked about as much as Technics if not more. My hope is that those that who only want to discuss Technics keyboards could just ignore, and not disrupt the threads about other keyboards.

Yes of course other keyboards have been and always will be discussed, compared to eachother etc. But as long as SZ already have both Yamaha and also the Gen.Arr. forums, it is maybe a idea not to make all the forums like a "lookalike mixture" of everything. When I enter the Ketron forum, I expect that it's Ketron that's about, not advertising or tell everybody to buy other keyboardbrand because I do so myself. If so, why not have everything on Gen.Arr. part of the SZ?

Happy playing
GJ

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Yes of course other keyboards have been and always will be discussed, compared to eachother etc. But as long as SZ already have both Yamaha and also the Gen.Arr. forums, it is maybe a idea not to make all the forums like a "lookalike mixture" of everything. When I enter the Ketron forum, I expect that it's Ketron that's about, not advertising or tell everybody to buy other keyboardbrand because I do so myself. If so, why not have everything on Gen.Arr. part of the SZ?

Happy playing
GJ

I'm not sure if closing the thread is the answer either, it's quite clear to me and i'm sure many others what is going on. The intention of Technicsplayer and Johnnie C is quite clearly to disrupt any thread that does not interest them, or is not about Technics keyboards, I suppose it would help just to ignore them and their childish argumentative comments.

That's about all you can do, or go look at other threads and hope the pair of them are occupied arguing with someone somewhere else on the Technics forum.

Good luck again Bill with your new Tyros 2
If you write a review and record anything can you let me know by emailing me.

Kind regards

Peter
Posted by: D.Munson

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 08:03 AM

Quote:

Kind regards to all.
Joe.

Hi Plil,
What was (is)special about the KN2000? Surely the KN7000 has all that the 2000 had and much much more.Personaly I'm sticking to my KN7000 because I think it is the BEST keyboard that has been produced in recent years,so call me anold "stick in the mud if you like"
Derek Munson
Posted by: D.Munson

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 08:11 AM

Quote:

Kind regards to all.
Joe.

Hi Plil,
What was (is)special about the KN2000? Surely the KN7000 has all that the 2000 had and much much more.Personaly I'm sticking to my KN7000 because I think it is the BEST keyboard that has been produced in recent years,so call me anold "stick in the mud if you like"
Derek Munson

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 08:26 AM

I expect most people looking for a good price of Tyros 2 have seen this, but just incase it's advertised here http://www.piedog.com/PDGShop.asp?WCI=htmDeptProducts&WCE=SearchClick for £2,195 that's before you start bargaining.

Kind regards

Peter

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 09:01 AM

again, no answer to my direct questions, as usual, you have no answer because they are self evident by reading the thread, so resort to the old tactic of personal innuendo to cover the dearth of intellect in your replies.

The only disruption here is by those who seek to drive a wedge through the forum between so called “progressive” and “blinkered” “squirming in their own little ruts” people, when the fact that everyone will buy, play and enjoy whatever keyboard they enjoy is so obvious that it hardly needs saying.

Were those that did not change from 5000 to 6000, or 6000 to 7000 “squirming in their own little ruts” at the time? of course not… the whole thing is just plainly ludicrous.

In my experience it is the case that those who brag the most invariably have the least to brag about.

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden: ........ The intention of Technicsplayer and Johnnie C is quite clearly to disrupt any thread that does not interest them, or is not about Technics keyboards, I suppose it would help just to ignore them and their childish argumentative comments.

That's about all you can do, or go look at other threads and hope the pair of them are occupied arguing with someone somewhere else on the Technics forum.

I'm not sure if I get what you say here right. Because reading posts and being member of several forums through the years, (both here and at technote old & new or wherever), I most say that the contribution from the gentlemen you mention here has always been excellent and very helpful for the users of Technics and other keyboards.
It also look like that it's not just Alec, but Walt, Joan, RC, Jack and myself who more or less have made exactly the same points in the tread here, so far from being disruptive they give valid points about this kind of bragging.

Happy playing
GJ

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
again, no answer to my direct questions, as usual, you have no answer because they are self evident by reading the thread, so resort to the old tactic of personal innuendo to cover the dearth of intellect in your replies.

The only disruption here is by those who seek to drive a wedge through the forum between so called “progressive” and “blinkered” “squirming in their own little ruts” people, when the fact that everyone will buy, play and enjoy whatever keyboard they enjoy is so obvious that it hardly needs saying.

Were those that did not change from 5000 to 6000, or 6000 to 7000 “squirming in their own little ruts” at the time? of course not… the whole thing is just plainly ludicrous.

In my experience it is the case that those who brag the most invariably have the least to brag about.

I imagine there was a time when your postings here were of a very informative nature, somehow I think you're being laughed at now by many for the quite childish ridiculous rantings that we read from you on a regular basis in your postings.

I hope you're pleased with yet another thread that you've totally ruined for everybody.

Peter

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 10:22 AM

HEY PETER,
You should see all the emails I get about these three people and their flames, from members of this technics forum. The members don't want to post here as they don't want to also be attacked.So.... they get it out of their systems by writing emails. That is ok.
I am going to guess that before a great deal of time has passed they will have it to themselves
Will we miss them??
Thanks to all for your positive Posts
Bebop

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 10:28 AM

I've ruined the thread for you because you have no answer to the points I have made, because your position on denigrating the members of this board is untenable, and your continual silence on the matter speaks volumes.

I made a point to you, Walt made the same point to you, others have agreed, Gunnar has just made exactly the same point above, so what is your (in your own words) "constructive" response to the topic - infantile name calling. The hypocrisy on show here is self evident.

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 10:38 AM

Quote:
HEY PETER,
You should see all the emails I get about these three people and their flames, from members of this technics forum. The members don't want to post here as they don't want to also be attacked.So.... they get it out of their systems by writing emails. That is ok.
I am going to guess that before a great deal of time has passed they will have it to themselves
Will we miss them??
Bebop

Well that confirms once and for all what I suspected, and it's such a shame that a few can ruin things for the majority. I've noticed their childish argumentative behaviour on many occasions, they take their arguments far beyond the normality of a forum member expressing his/her dissaproval, picking up on any silly thing to disrupt a thread.

Shame on them for their behaviour

Peter

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by church:
Quote:
[b]Thanks to those of you that posted positive posts, and to those that are stuck in their little ruts, I feel sad for you.
BEBOP
Bill
Good for you Bill,I'm just Jealous.I'm with you,but I bought the PSR3000,love it,plus I love my Kn6000.#1 for me,If wife was working,which she said no way,I probably would have my House full of Keyboard,I do play all 3 of them.If i could afford the Tyro2,I would go for it.But I look at it this way there will always be a Tyros2,3,4,5,6,.but no KN8000,bummer.Enjoy.Let me know when you get it and How you like it? You got my Email.I think I read one person has it and he Loves it.Have a Good one.Friend
Ron

[/B]

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 11:14 AM

"Shame on them for their behaviour

Peter"

LOOK WHO'S TALKING!!!

To speak disparagingly of technicsplayer is and should be an insult to ALL Technics members on the forum. He has contributed sooooooooo much over the years to players. His knowledge and generosity is and has been beyond reproach.

I have not visited the forum for over a year until recently but realized in the beginning what an ego Bebop has had. Bebop, you have been a contributor to this forum but I have felt ego was always behind whatever you did. To prove my point, you are trying to go out with a bang by pushing, pushing, pushing your new toy with the current posts.

The truth of the matter, Peter - you are just having fun degrading members and encouraging Bebop's ego. Neither of you have answered my post as to what you are looking for in the Tyros 2 that isn't already in the KNs. The fact is, you BOTH DON'T KNOW - only that it is NEW and want to be the first kid on the block to have one.

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 11:33 AM

Quote:

Peter"

LOOK WHO'S TALKING!!!

To speak disparagingly of technicsplayer is and should be an insult to ALL Technics members on the forum. He has contributed sooooooooo much over the years to players. His knowledge and generosity is and has been beyond reproach.

I have not visited the forum for over a year until recently but realized in the beginning what an ego Bebop has had. Bebop, you have been a contributor to this forum but I have felt ego was always behind whatever you did. To prove my point, you are trying to go out with a bang by pushing, pushing, pushing your new toy with the current posts.

The truth of the matter, Peter - you are just having fun degrading members and encouraging Bebop's ego. Neither of you have answered my post as to what you are looking for in the Tyros 2 that isn't already in the KNs. The fact is, you BOTH DON'T KNOW - only that it is NEW and want to be the first kid on the block to have one.

Just to correct you on one thing, I want to learn about the Tyros 2 I own Tyros 1 already. I've looked recently at Korg, Wersi, and Roland instruments, and I've never bought an instrument in the first 3 months of it's release.

Your view of Technicsplayer is not mine sorry
along with Johnnie C I wouldn't give either the time of day, their attitude on this forum is about as low as it comes.

Kind regards

Peter

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 12:21 PM

You really set the spotlight on something very true here kn7, and those who have been in the forums since i.e. Technote days, know what got the speed up to close the door there.

But Peter, why don't you answer the points about "bragging" that several members have made here, I think maybe Alec has a point because you ignore the subject pointed out and just call people by names now. At least Alec stands like a man, maybe a little 'forthright' sure, but makes his position known to all in public, you just run away from the subject when it not suits anymore and just call names like a little child in other treads before.

Quote:
You should see all the emails I get....

That's good for you Bill, plenty e-mails find others inbox than talking about your posts too But speaking about making fuzz on forum, that was not so very long ago since someone else really did that, remember, then no more moderator, and looking longer backwards......
To throw stones if inside in a glasshouse is not very wise.

Anyway, I think most people reading the posts clearly are able to see what's really going on, and I think I'll rest my case here.

Happy playing & posting
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 10-09-2005).]

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 12:51 PM

Quote:

You really set the spotlight on something very true here kn7, and those who have been in the forums since i.e. Technote days, know what got the speed up to close the door there.

[b]But Peter,
why don't you answer the points about "bragging" that several members have made here, I think maybe Alec has a good point, because you totally ignore the subject stated out and just call people by names now.

That's good for you Bill, but e-mails find others inbox than yours too But speaking about making fuzz on forum, that was not so very long time ago since someone else really did that too, remember, and looking longer backwards......
To throw stones if inside in a glasshouse is not very wise I guess.

Anyway, I think most people clearly are able to see what's really going on, and I'll rest my case here.

Happy playing & posting
GJ[/B]

Surely you don't think I come to the Technics forum to get involved with debates on someone bragging. Some might want to be Judge and Jury, but I don't (better things to do)

Kind regards

Peter

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 12:58 PM

Quote:
...... Some might want to be Judge and Jury, but I don't (better things to do)

Hehe, really? Looks like you're hit by your own words now, if looking through the written posts.

Keep on Playing & Posting
GJ

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 01:06 PM

Quote:
Hehe, really? Looks like you're hit by your own words now, if looking through the written posts.

Keep on Playing & Posting
GJ

Hehe, really? I think not!

Kind regards

Peter

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 01:28 PM

Quote:
HEY PETER,
Will we miss them??
Bebop

You mention three forum members???

Kind regards

Peter

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 02:03 PM

Quote:
their attitude on this forum is about as low as it comes.
Kind regards
Peter

You cannot answer a simple question so, how could you possibly know what my attitude is.
Unlike you I have always stood up for what is right, and what is not right is for you or Bebop to be bullying others telling them what they should or should not do.
I say again what could you possibly know about anything when you have failed over time to answer any logic questions that have been put to you, As for yourself you are obviously on Bebops email list and probably only one of the few that are left because he has intimated on more than one occasion that he was fed up because nobody replies to tell him what a great guy he is excepting you of course I suspect.
Oh! and by the way when you are agreeing with Bebop about breaking KN's for spares take a tip DON'T because once again you opened your mouth without thinking Panasonic are committed to support the spares for seven years.
And just to end with a quote of yours Quote"Surely you don't think I come to the Technics forum to get involved with debates "Unquote we can all see you run away from valid debates, just arrogantly refuse and then just call people names. Its a pattern we've seen a few times in the past.

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 02:07 PM

Quote:

Peter"

LOOK WHO'S TALKING!!!

I agree
Johnnie
Posted by: Sandgroper

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 08:37 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
[B] I imagine there was a time when your postings here were of a very informative nature, somehow I think you're being laughed at now by many for the quite childish ridiculous rantings that we read from you on a regular basis in your postings.

I hope you're pleased with yet another thread that you've totally ruined for everybody.

Peter

Good Grief!!!!!!!!
If there was a Nobel prize for childish rantings Peter, you would be a "shoo in"
The man you have just attempted to denigrate has been surely the main single contributer to knowledge of KN keyboards (TO THOSE WHO WISH TO LEARN) both on this forum and through other publications. His knowledge of the inner workings, and work arounds of these boards, and his generosity in shareing is outstanding.
Your posts on this thread Peter are reminicent of the weedy kid standing behind the schoolyard bully and urging him on when things look like calming down.
Where is Grandpa Doug these days?
What we need is a long philosophical ramble to calm everybody down.
Regards to everyone still interested in KB MUSIC
Eddie
Posted by: Joan

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 11:12 PM

This thread is going round and round in circles. All who have contributed to it have their opinion and it has been stated.

Time to wrap it up I think - Joan

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joan:
This thread is going round and round in circles. All who have contributed to it have their opinion and it has been stated.

Hi Joan,

Hope you're keeping well.

I agree with you, it's time to call it a day.

Kind regards

Peter
Posted by: Nigel

Re: SHAME ON ME - 10/09/05 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joan:

Yes I agree. I have just arrived home after playing with my band in Las Vegas. Boy this has really shot off into orbit while I was away. I agree with Joan and Bob and am closing this thread now.