Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#48924 - 10/28/04 10:24 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sapphire:
Fred
I have used and registered SD-Explorer and it really is an absolute must for anyone with aTechnics and an SD card. Well worth the registration fee.
However, I may have found a small problem. When I filled a 128Mb card all the folders and styles etc. could be accessed on the KN7000 as normal but not in alphabet mode. I left the card in the slot and saved in technics format which cured the problem completely. Is this a problem with the software or do you expect it to perform this way.
I know this sounds like I am complaining but I am not. SD-Explorer is worth every cent and more if only for the time it saves.

Alan

Hi there - the problem with not being able to select alphabetically can be got round by taking the SD to the KN7 - renaming just one song and you should find that the rest of the names appear also. This worked for me and I passed this on to one other person who also informed it worked on their PC too. Joan

#48925 - 10/28/04 10:58 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
That response from Paypal does look very helpful - I have contacted them three times now about trouble I am experiencing with my original account. They did not even have the decency to reply to my emails.
I had to open another account in order to purchase Fred's program.
I am not impressed with Paypal's customer service.........

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#48926 - 10/28/04 02:31 PM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Who knows a working alternative for PayPal. After the launch we had two and a half, almost three successful days, and now SUDDENLY almost four days, no new customer.... but several emails of people who are eager to get their license, but found PayPal difficulties. Nut I must also say that several emails from registrations didn't work either. I got several postmaster delivery errors, very often with AOL or AOL related accounts. So I am not sure what goes wrong. If I knew I would fix it. Just sent another complaint to PayPal.

#48927 - 10/29/04 02:11 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
Kenneth Gundersen Offline

Loc: Lyngdal in Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Joan:
Hi there - the problem with not being able to select alphabetically can be got round by taking the SD to the KN7 - renaming just one song and you should find that the rest of the names appear also. This worked for me and I passed this on to one other person who also informed it worked on their PC too. Joan

Hi all,

I have also had problems with the "Alphabetical load". I will try to do what you tell Joan, but I think this is a little "bug" that should be fixed.

Anyways; the KN-SDExplorer is a great program and a "must have".

Kind regards
Ken www.kn7000.net

[This message has been edited by Kenneth Gundersen (edited 10-29-2004).]

#48928 - 10/29/04 04:59 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there Kenneth - the alpha problem I have just tested again on a new SD card - Once I renamed one song in a folder the rest of them do appear on my KN7 Joan

#48929 - 10/29/04 06:30 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Kenneth
I passed details of this problem on to Fred a few days ago (24th) and he is looking into it. I'm sure this and any other little 'bugs' will be fixed when an update is in released. The program really is excellent and I think we all need to be patient whilst it is 'fine tuned'

In the meantime Joan's method is a simple way of correcting the alphabet problem.
John

#48930 - 10/29/04 02:03 PM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
roger brandon bradbury Offline

Loc: Willersey, Broadway
Quote:
Originally posted by fmlk4u:
Hello KN-players,

Unfortunately the SynthZone problems destroyed the topic about the tool we are developing. We probably will call it KN-SD-Explorer (copyright). I was wise and lucky to save the email addresses of all of you who showed interest in the tool that we expect to be released pretty soon. The development was pretty time consuming but worth it, when I remember your enthusiasm. The tool will be licenced on user level and pricing will be lower than most of you expect, I think. You will probably surprised.
The development is one thing, the delivery and payment logistics is something we have to deal with. I am thinking on using my PayPal account.

You can find basic specification of the tool on a page of my website:
http://httpd.chello.nl/~f.mellink/SD-Explorer.htm

Kindest Regards, Fred

looking forward to your new tool more info please roger bradbury

------------------
rog.

#48931 - 10/29/04 02:35 PM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
John Barr Offline

Loc: Colchester,Essex,England
Quote:
Originally posted by fmlk4u:
[b]PayPal Problems

Hello all,

The launch/release of our tool started successful. However after the first three days suddenly there was a hickup: suddenly it seemed that obtaining the license by PayPal payment fails. "Luckily" some of you notified that to me by email. So I submitted several complaints to PayPal.

One of the problems can be your email address. Occasionally I get postmaster delivery error messages when I tried to reply email to people who registered. Because of privacy reasons I cannot list the email addresses that don't work. So be sure that you use a proper email address that works.

I also noticed that many people do multiple registrations. I assume that they retry the purchasing. Therefore I have created a new "Buy Now" button directly on the "home page". So now you can retry the PayPal procedure without having to register again.
But also becasue the button is on the main page instead of re-directed page, I hope that PayPal process is now successful. We have to see....

http://KN-SDExplorer.has.it

Please send me email if you tried to purchase the license via this new button and think it didn't work. Maybe you can also file a complaint at PayPal, because it's their fault that after three days suddenly the system doesn't work anymore!!!

Thanks for your cooperation. I dearly hope that it works again. In the mean time we work on enhancements, tutorial page with FAQ and tips and tricks.

[/B]
Hi Fred, Paypal worked just fine as did your Buy Now button, Many Thanks Johnny B

#48932 - 10/29/04 02:53 PM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
fmlk4u Offline

Hello John,

Thanks for telling However I published the PayPal troubles story, because very sudden after three 'successful' days no new customers came in, but several emails of registered people who want to make the payment but had lots of troubles. For private reasons I don't want to give names here. But most of them were Synthzone "members". And when you consider that after the start of this development I built up a maillist of interested to very interested people and at realease last weekend I had more than 60 on the list that I sent the release announcement. So when during 4 days no new customers while first three days were steady growing numbers (although very modest). So you might understand my concern, even bit of frustration.

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

#48933 - 11/03/04 01:13 PM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
fmlk4u Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Gundersen:
Hi all,

I have also had problems with the "Alphabetical load". I will try to do what you tell Joan, but I think this is a little "bug" that should be fixed.

Anyways; the KN-SDExplorer is a great program and a "must have".

Kind regards
Ken www.kn7000.net

[This message has been edited by Kenneth Gundersen (edited 10-29-2004).]

With delight I can tell you that probably before the weekend we have a new version with successful alphabetical searching! It was tough to find out how it works and Gert Jan did a great job. A pity that so few people recognize our tool as great. Next project will be to try and make it Windows ME/98 compatible. That will be even a hard issue: first getting a proper PC to test/debug on. And I sometimes wonder whether it is workth it. How many people still use these old systems. And it is a lot of work.
Regards, Fred

[This message has been edited by fmlk4u (edited 11-03-2004).]

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online