SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55404 - 05/30/05 02:58 PM Recording problems
Flyer Offline

Loc: Teddington,UK.
I'm having trouble recording my EA-5 to wav files on my system(win XP home)since changing the sound card to an Audigy.I'm getting the EA sounds through the pc speakers but the sound is not registering on the vu meter.I had no problem recording before changing the card.
Anyone any ideas?
Cheers,David.

#55405 - 05/30/05 03:56 PM Re: Recording problems
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi David,

Have you checked the Windows XP Audio Settings by going into "Sounds and Audio Devices" on the Control Panel Page?

Cheers
Len C.

[This message has been edited by manorcourt1991 (edited 05-30-2005).]

#55406 - 05/31/05 05:55 AM Re: Recording problems
Flyer Offline

Hi Len,thanks for your reply,yes,I've gone into the recording mixer and set the input to'line in'with a decent volume level,and getting the organ sound through the pc sound system.I really puzzled!
Cheers,David.

#55407 - 05/31/05 06:37 AM Re: Recording problems
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi David,
Try this : Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices. Then in the Sound and Audio Devices Properties window, click on the 'Audio' Tab and make sure your soundcard is selected in the 'Sound Recording' options. It may also be worth checking under the 'Hardware' Tab that your card is listed and reported as 'Working OK'

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#55408 - 05/31/05 08:07 AM Re: Recording problems
Flyer Offline

Hi Bill,thanks for that;I'll give it a whirl!
All the best,David.

#55409 - 05/31/05 10:18 AM Re: Recording problems
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Along with Bill's suggestion, make sure the "Recording", option is indicated, and not the "Playback" default ...
t.

#55410 - 05/31/05 03:12 PM Re: Recording problems
Flyer Offline

Bill,hi,yep,you were correct;I'd the wrong card slected in the Audio page-sorted!
I understand you're a drummer?Me too!I'm having big fun recording the drum tracks in my song sequences.I program a b.d. from a kit and assign to the bass pedals.The advantages of this are mainly two fold;you can have your kick drum(gone all USA here!)as you want it to sound,i.e.pitch,volume etc,you can record it dry,but best of all,you can play the track in as you would a kit,usually in one hit(no pun intended).A bit of quantise if you like,and you definitely end up with much more natural sounding drum tracks.
Thanks again for the tip Bill,now.where's that seq rec button.....

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online