SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#41189 - 12/11/03 11:12 AM About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
This post is directed to all our Technics forum members from Bebop
I have just returned from the General Arranger forum where there is a massive post of support for the synthzone. I learned there that Nigel is now operating at a loss due to ad revenue failing after 911 and is making up that loss out of his job income so that we might continue to have this great forum in operation. He has supported this forum for 10 years now.
I feel that because we are all friends and one big family, I can suggest to you that we help with that problem.
Remember when we didn't have a forum after Technote closed down and Nigel was kind enough to give us this space of our very own, that we might all stay together. Now we have an opportunity to say thank you and give back a portion of what we have received here.
Nigel has after much coercion put up a pay pal icon in that post in the general arranger forum that can be used to send your donation to help. I am asking Nigel to do this in our Technics Forum as well that we might help support this forum too.
I know that not everyone can participate and that is understandable. I hope those that can will join me in contributing some monetary support for the Synthzone. I just threw my 25.00 in the pot, and I know it isn't much but hopefully it will add up as many of us join in. Every dollar will add up. I ask those that are unable to contribute financial support to join me in wishing Nigel and family a Merry Christmas and let them know how much you appreciate their sacrifice for us.
Merry Christmas to Nigel and his family and thank you for this wonderful forum from all of us.
Thank you to all Members. Merry Christmas to all
Bebop

#41190 - 12/11/03 12:02 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
RJB Offline

Loc: Auburn, N Y, U S
Bring on that icon. I have a few magazine subscriptions that are not worth the powder to blow them away. This forum has become my bible. Dick Bergin

#41191 - 12/11/03 12:09 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Lets Do It!!!

Walt Tenay Keyboard Studios

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
This post is directed to all our Technics forum members from Bebop
I have just returned from the General Arranger forum where there is a massive post of support for the synthzone. I learned there that Nigel is now operating at a loss due to ad revenue failing after 911 and is making up that loss out of his job income so that we might continue to have this great forum in operation. He has supported this forum for 10 years now.
I feel that because we are all friends and one big family, I can suggest to you that we help with that problem.
Remember when we didn't have a forum after Technote closed down and Nigel was kind enough to give us this space of our very own, that we might all stay together. Now we have an opportunity to say thank you and give back a portion of what we have received here.
Nigel has after much coercion put up a pay pal icon in that post in the general arranger forum that can be used to send your donation to help. I am asking Nigel to do this in our Technics Forum as well that we might help support this forum too.
I know that not everyone can participate and that is understandable. I hope those that can will join me in contributing some monetary support for the Synthzone. I just threw my 25.00 in the pot, and I know it isn't much but hopefully it will add up as many of us join in. Every dollar will add up. I ask those that are unable to contribute financial support to join me in wishing Nigel and family a Merry Christmas and let them know how much you appreciate their sacrifice for us.
Merry Christmas to Nigel and his family and thank you for this wonderful forum from all of us.
Thank you to all Members. Merry Christmas to all
Bebop

#41192 - 12/11/03 12:25 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Anonymous
Unregistered

My 25 is awaiting...

Fran in Florida

#41193 - 12/11/03 12:30 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Bebop,
it shouldn't be costing Nigel money from his own pocket to keep the forum running.
pay pal's a great idea.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#41194 - 12/11/03 12:31 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I went over to the Arranger Forum to make my donation,but for the less adventuresome:

Nigel
Administrator posted 12-11-2003 12:25 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's this very attitude of helping and sharing that make this a very special place online. I'd like to thank you all for all your offers of help and support. It really is appreciated and will help to ensure Synth Zone remains online.
I've never asked for donations or subscription fees because I started Synth Zone back in 1994 when the spirit of the Internet was a FREE exchange of ideas and information and I still strongly believe in that today. That is why you'll never be bombarded with popups or other annoying marketing tools. Synth Zone is simply about providing a center online for electronic keyboard musicians to communicate and find links to related websites and files online. But I have now created a PayPal donation button ( below ) that will allow those of you with a PayPal account to make a donation to help Synth Zone. There is no suggested donation amount as any donation towards maintaining Synth Zone will be very gratefully received.

Have a great Christmas and here's to many more years together online.

#41195 - 12/11/03 12:35 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I cuoldn't get the icon to paste. I am sue you tech savy guys can

#41196 - 12/11/03 01:02 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
I posted the link to that topic here
earlier today so we could join in. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/002214.html

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#41197 - 12/11/03 02:15 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Bubbles Offline

Loc: Kilmaley, Ireland
Folks
I would like to support this forum,but I can't find the pay pal icon. Mabe some one of you techies might direct me?
LONG LIVE THE SYNTHZONE.

#41198 - 12/11/03 02:16 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI GUNNAR,
It was your reference to Scott Yee's post that made me aware of what was happening on the General Arranger forum and after I read that post, I came back and set up the opportunity for our Technics members to also be a part of this support. I have sent my post on to Nigel and I am sure he will set up a Pay Pal icon in our forum also so our members can support this ongoing work.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention Gunnar,
Best to you and yours
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 12-11-2003).]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online