About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting

Posted by: BEBOP

About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/11/03 11:12 AM

This post is directed to all our Technics forum members from Bebop
I have just returned from the General Arranger forum where there is a massive post of support for the synthzone. I learned there that Nigel is now operating at a loss due to ad revenue failing after 911 and is making up that loss out of his job income so that we might continue to have this great forum in operation. He has supported this forum for 10 years now.
I feel that because we are all friends and one big family, I can suggest to you that we help with that problem.
Remember when we didn't have a forum after Technote closed down and Nigel was kind enough to give us this space of our very own, that we might all stay together. Now we have an opportunity to say thank you and give back a portion of what we have received here.
Nigel has after much coercion put up a pay pal icon in that post in the general arranger forum that can be used to send your donation to help. I am asking Nigel to do this in our Technics Forum as well that we might help support this forum too.
I know that not everyone can participate and that is understandable. I hope those that can will join me in contributing some monetary support for the Synthzone. I just threw my 25.00 in the pot, and I know it isn't much but hopefully it will add up as many of us join in. Every dollar will add up. I ask those that are unable to contribute financial support to join me in wishing Nigel and family a Merry Christmas and let them know how much you appreciate their sacrifice for us.
Merry Christmas to Nigel and his family and thank you for this wonderful forum from all of us.
Thank you to all Members. Merry Christmas to all
Bebop
Posted by: RJB

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/11/03 12:02 PM

Bring on that icon. I have a few magazine subscriptions that are not worth the powder to blow them away. This forum has become my bible. Dick Bergin
Posted by: Walt Tenay

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/11/03 12:09 PM

Lets Do It!!!

Walt Tenay Keyboard Studios

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
This post is directed to all our Technics forum members from Bebop
I have just returned from the General Arranger forum where there is a massive post of support for the synthzone. I learned there that Nigel is now operating at a loss due to ad revenue failing after 911 and is making up that loss out of his job income so that we might continue to have this great forum in operation. He has supported this forum for 10 years now.
I feel that because we are all friends and one big family, I can suggest to you that we help with that problem.
Remember when we didn't have a forum after Technote closed down and Nigel was kind enough to give us this space of our very own, that we might all stay together. Now we have an opportunity to say thank you and give back a portion of what we have received here.
Nigel has after much coercion put up a pay pal icon in that post in the general arranger forum that can be used to send your donation to help. I am asking Nigel to do this in our Technics Forum as well that we might help support this forum too.
I know that not everyone can participate and that is understandable. I hope those that can will join me in contributing some monetary support for the Synthzone. I just threw my 25.00 in the pot, and I know it isn't much but hopefully it will add up as many of us join in. Every dollar will add up. I ask those that are unable to contribute financial support to join me in wishing Nigel and family a Merry Christmas and let them know how much you appreciate their sacrifice for us.
Merry Christmas to Nigel and his family and thank you for this wonderful forum from all of us.
Thank you to all Members. Merry Christmas to all
Bebop
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/11/03 12:25 PM

My 25 is awaiting...

Fran in Florida
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/11/03 12:30 PM

Thanks Bebop,
it shouldn't be costing Nigel money from his own pocket to keep the forum running.
pay pal's a great idea.

best wishes
Rikki
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/11/03 12:31 PM

I went over to the Arranger Forum to make my donation,but for the less adventuresome:

Nigel
Administrator posted 12-11-2003 12:25 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's this very attitude of helping and sharing that make this a very special place online. I'd like to thank you all for all your offers of help and support. It really is appreciated and will help to ensure Synth Zone remains online.
I've never asked for donations or subscription fees because I started Synth Zone back in 1994 when the spirit of the Internet was a FREE exchange of ideas and information and I still strongly believe in that today. That is why you'll never be bombarded with popups or other annoying marketing tools. Synth Zone is simply about providing a center online for electronic keyboard musicians to communicate and find links to related websites and files online. But I have now created a PayPal donation button ( below ) that will allow those of you with a PayPal account to make a donation to help Synth Zone. There is no suggested donation amount as any donation towards maintaining Synth Zone will be very gratefully received.

Have a great Christmas and here's to many more years together online.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/11/03 12:35 PM

I cuoldn't get the icon to paste. I am sue you tech savy guys can
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/11/03 01:02 PM

I posted the link to that topic here
earlier today so we could join in. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/002214.html

GJ
Posted by: Bubbles

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/11/03 02:15 PM

Folks
I would like to support this forum,but I can't find the pay pal icon. Mabe some one of you techies might direct me?
LONG LIVE THE SYNTHZONE.

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/11/03 02:16 PM

HI GUNNAR,
It was your reference to Scott Yee's post that made me aware of what was happening on the General Arranger forum and after I read that post, I came back and set up the opportunity for our Technics members to also be a part of this support. I have sent my post on to Nigel and I am sure he will set up a Pay Pal icon in our forum also so our members can support this ongoing work.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention Gunnar,
Best to you and yours
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 12-11-2003).]
Posted by: AlexGreen

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/11/03 02:32 PM

Hi Bill,

Please let me know where I can send $25.00 in support of Nigel. I am sure a lot of our forum members would also like to know.

Happy Holidays
Alex
Posted by: Nigel

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/11/03 02:34 PM

It's this very attitude of helping and sharing that make this a very special place online. I'd like to thank you all for all your offers of help and support. It really is appreciated and will help to ensure Synth Zone remains online.

I've never asked for donations or subscription fees because I started Synth Zone back in 1994 when the spirit of the Internet was a FREE exchange of ideas and information and I still strongly believe in that today. That is why you'll never be bombarded with popups or other annoying marketing tools. Synth Zone is simply about providing a center online for electronic keyboard musicians to communicate and find links to related websites and files online. But I have now created a PayPal donation button ( below ) that will allow those of you with a PayPal account to make a donation to help Synth Zone. There is no suggested donation amount as any donation towards maintaining Synth Zone will be very gratefully received.

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/11/03 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:

NIGEL,
Thank you for putting up this post with the pay pal ICON.
I now have one other request. I have received several emails from folks that don't have pay pal and want to send a check. I am not sure how to handle this. Do you possibly have a po box that could be used or could you set one up?
I hate to have all the checks sent to me in case a new Technics Keyboard might be introduced about the time I had all the checks in my little hot hand.
How about it.
We need to know right away.
Thanks and heartfelt appreciation for this forum that means more to us musician types then we could ever have imigined.
Best to all and thanks for sharing in this need:-)

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/11/03 05:46 PM

Although I always knew we had a great community here I am really knocked out by the response for the members. I was asked to provide a PayPal donation button by some of the members but I hadn't realized how many people were prepared to help support Synth Zone until I actually did it.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 12-21-2003).]

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/11/03 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Although I always knew we had a great community here I am really knocked out by the response for the members. I was asked to provide a PayPal donation button by some of the members but I hadn't realized how many people were prepared to help support Synth Zone until I actually did it.

Thank you Nigel for your timely response.
Actually you have it all wrong. It is us that can't thank you enough. This we do is just a small token of our affection for what you have done and currently continue to do for us
God Bless you and yours
Bebop and the Technics Forum Family

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 12-21-2003).]
Posted by: shcox

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/12/03 05:57 AM

Merry Christmas Nigel,

My 25 is on it's way. Thank you for doing such a great job. I've only been on here a short time but I'd already miss it and I don't even have a KN7000. LOL

In fact, since I have a PR54 it's even more reason to come here because it's one of the only places there is any support for it at all.

Thanks Again,
Heather
Posted by: Chuck Piper

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/12/03 06:17 AM

Nigel,

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thank you for giving us a home and for being such a gracious and generous host. My contribution is on its way.

Warmest Regards,

Chuck Piper
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/12/03 06:38 AM

This place makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Ca-ching !
Posted by: AlexGreen

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/12/03 01:00 PM

Nigel,

Thank you for your address. $25.00 dollars is on its way.

A drop in the bucket compared with what you have given us.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and most important "Healthy" New Year.

Alex
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/12/03 01:58 PM

Nigel ..... As they say .."It's in the mail"
Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and yours....
t.
Posted by: RJB

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/12/03 05:00 PM

Nigel, Mine was sent in today's mail and thank you
Posted by: Arthur R. Jacobs

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/12/03 06:13 PM

Nigel: Today I regular mailed a $25.00
check to a man I have never seen, a man I have never met, but you can believe it's a man I admire. Never felt better about
a little contribution, in my life. Stand tall Nigel, cause in our eye's, your a mile high, and it's all about a great guy.
ARJ
Posted by: bruno123

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/13/03 04:30 AM

Nigel,
The response you are recieving, the love, the caring, it makes all worth while. The dollars are second. With great pleasure I put my donation in the mail today.

My request;
To know more about the man called Nigel. Who are you? What do you work at? Anything that will bring us to a closer relationship.

This is your time, enjoy, John C.
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/13/03 04:39 AM

Contribution 'PayPalled' Nigel. I join with all the others in thanking you most sincerely for providing us with a superb facility. I always enjoy my daily visits to the BEST keyboard related forum on the Internet. I hope You and Yours have a very merry Christmas and a prosperous and peaceful 2004.

------------------
Willum
Posted by: Walt Meyer

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/13/03 07:11 AM

Nigel,
Besides my personal EMail to you, this is a public thank you for the time, energy and money that you spend to keep the forums going. We are indeed all indebted to you.
Merry Christmas,
Walt
Posted by: Bud Whipple

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/13/03 10:36 AM

A lot of us on SynthZone knew about each other from the last forum, but there was no way we could have kept in contact after it folded. The amount of information that passes through this site is staggering, but without it I would still be poking around my keyboard wondering what in blazes this little button does when I push it. Nigel, you kept the dream alive and you will always be a HERO in our eyes. I'm sorry you had to lose money for our personal pleasure, so I've sent my contribution via PayPal, too. Maybe this is something we should do each year, because if we keep you smiling, you keep us smiling also. God bless you and your family this Christmas season. Bud

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/13/03 04:15 PM

HI BUS and Forum Members,
Yes, I think it might be a great idea for us to subsidize the ongoing cost of operating this bbs every year along about christmas time. I belive that Nigel has that committment to keep it going even though it costs him a lot of money out of pocket from his day job and his band not to mention all the time involved. He really has to love us all a bunch to do all that for us.
I hope that everyone will send Nigel and his family a Christmas card and any contribution they are confortable with. I did convince him to give us his snail mail address which is above this post a few so you can get it there. You don't need to send in any money with your card if you don't feel that you want to, or are able to, but I know that any contributions will be greatly appreciated and help Nigel's family finances. We all know what a Christmas Season can do to the family treasury even without supporting A bbs and server.
Just a great big hug and thank you to all of you that are a part of this Sharing. Blessings on all of you.
Best to all our forum members.
Bebop

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/13/03 04:16 PM

HI BUD and Forum Members,
Yes, I think it might be a great idea for us to subsidize the ongoing cost of operating this bbs every year along about christmas time. I belive that Nigel has that committment to keep it going even though it costs him a lot of money out of pocket from his day job and his band not to mention all the time involved. He really has to love us all a bunch to do all that for us.
I hope that everyone will send Nigel and his family a Christmas card and any contribution they are confortable with. I did convince him to give us his snail mail address which is above this post a few so you can get it there. You don't need to send in any money with your card if you don't feel that you want to, or are able to, but I know that any contributions will be greatly appreciated and help Nigel's family finances. We all know what a Christmas Season can do to the family treasury even without supporting A bbs and server.
Just a great big hug and thank you to all of you that are a part of this Sharing. Blessings on all of you.
Best to all our forum members.
Bebop
Posted by: cees

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/14/03 01:17 AM

Hi Nigel,
throught this way I really want to thank you for your efforts on holding Synthzone in the air. You do a great job. As 'fellow' webmaster I can enter into the daily energy you have to put in webmastering of Syntzone.com. I guess most visitors/members have not the slightest idea what efforts (and costs) this usely generates (for good understanding, this is not ment as a reproach). As you pointed at besides the energy you put in it, internet has become more and more a commercial institute. What was free in former days, one have to pay for it nowadays. The consumer pays the benefits x-times. For instance looking for the prices of MB's serverspace to hire, internetsubscription, software and hardware cost needed to defend against hackers, virusses. Etc.etc.
I hope the reactions motivates you again to continue and that the financial part can be solved.
Best whishes,
Cees.

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/15/03 07:48 AM

HELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???
Where are the rest of our several thousand members of the Technics Forum?????
Not even a thank you, or a Merry christmas or a card or a dollar or two to defray the expenses of this great place.
I had thought we were all one big happy family here.
I must say I am really disillusioned.
Everyone is willling to spend thousands of dollars for a keyboard but not one dime to support this place where you learn all about it.
A great big thank you to the above 16 people that participated in this need.
Bebop

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/15/03 07:59 AM

I guess there are many who support Nigel without
have to tell all the world "how good I am" and how
much they send in a post.
The support are just as good anyway, or??
GJ
Posted by: Ad Rouw

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/15/03 09:06 AM

You're very right GJ.
The question was not to post but to support. Time will tell how many of us really do so. Besides, I love to see Bebop busy to keep the fire going.
Ad.
Posted by: Mainer

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/15/03 11:15 AM

Me too!!!!!

Keep up the good work it is very well appreciated.

Jerry
Posted by: Johnnie.c

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/15/03 11:37 AM

Quote:
HELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???
Not even a thank you, or a Merry christmas or a card or a dollar or two to defray the expenses of this great place.
I had thought we were all one big happy family here.
I must say I am really disillusioned.
Everyone is willling to spend thousands of dollars for a keyboard but not one dime to support this place where you learn all about it.
A great big thank you to the above 16 people that participated in this need.
Bebop

You are so well out of order
Members do not have to post to prove their loyalty or to seek glorification of their actions.
It was Gunnar Johnny whom first brought the matter to this forums attention and I am sure that there are many that feel insulted by your remarks
how could you possibly know who has or who has not participated certainly as a moderator you don't have that
privilege.
Posted by: Bud Whipple

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/15/03 11:57 AM

Hey, if you guys don't like people posting thanks to Nigel, too bad. Nobody is forcing you to take part in the fund raising and if you don't agree, that's your option, but you don't have to belittle us at the same time. Gunnar Jonny was instrumental to the process, and we thank him for his effort, but don't we all try to contribute what we can to keep this forum alive? Come on, smile, be happy!
Posted by: Johnnie.c

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/15/03 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bud Whipple:
Hey, if you guys don't like people posting thanks to Nigel, too bad. Nobody is forcing you to take part in the fund raising and if you don't agree, that's your option, but you don't have to belittle us at the same time. Gunnar Jonny was instrumental to the process, and we thank him for his effort, but don't we all try to contribute what we can to keep this forum alive? Come on, smile, be happy!

I say the same to you.
you cannot possibly know who may or may not have contributed because simply you like the moderator are not privy to that information
perhaps there are members on this forum who wish to do things privately and not broardcast there actions in neon lights
so what would that make them? a lesser member than you? I don't think so

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/15/03 12:43 PM

Please guys, cool down and be happy.
I only pointed to Scotts tread, and here I
just stated out that fact, and also that I
think many people do support Nigel without
have to announce about it and how much they
are willing to spend.
That's all.
GJ
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/15/03 01:19 PM

Hi Bebop,
obviously your heart is in the right place.
Keep your chin up.

Just because only a few have responded to the actual posting , doesn't necesarily mean that they're the only ones that have donated.

Let's face it, the majority of the forum members are silent. It's usually the same old names that pop up over and over again.
I could well imagine there's members that join up, and never visit the site again.

It can be a bit frustrating at times when one doesn't get a response to a posting. Sometimes I suppose it's due to the fact that no one knows the answer to you problem, or you haven't explained your problem properly.
Frustrating also when you try and help someone with a problem, spend ages typing up a solution, then don't get a response as to whether your solution worked or not.
At times it makes you wonder why you bothered, but then when someone thanks you for helping solve a problem ( or at least trying to) , it makes you feel useful, and makes it worthwhile.
It's just the nature of the forum.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BEBOP:
[B]HELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???
Posted by: lahawk

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/15/03 05:30 PM

I want all to know, that up to now, I did not contribute. I was thinking of myself and my own needs, for more web site bandwith for myself. For that I am ashamed

After much thought I realize without the Synth Zone, my web site is kinda blah. Besides I have made too many friends here, and it is important to keep that friendship alive.

And let us not forget Nigel brings us gifts all year long, so how can we say "NO" to Santa ?

Donation on the way as soon as possible.
Merry Christmas
Larry Hawk
Posted by: Joan

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/16/03 12:47 AM

Hi there - I am here! Also very very appreciative of the amount of work and expense that must be involved in running this forum and very very appreciative of the support also given by the members who do show themselves. Without the knowledge that I have learnt on this forum, my keyboard would probably not have been enjoyed one tenth of what it has, neither would I have 'met' some very good friends.

I will send a contribution willingly, never occured to me to hesitate about it - best 25 dollars I have spent this year - and I will be very suprised if that isn't the thought of the silent majority.

Joan

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/16/03 02:09 AM

Thanks so much to all of you for your kind support. Although most of the donations have come from people that posted on this thread there actually has been a donation from a non-member who simply reads the forums and never posts. Synth Zone is thankful for all donations and this website wouldn't exist without you all.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 12-16-2003).]

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/16/03 07:43 AM

There is now a pay pal icon on the main page of the synthzone. It is located on the right side about half way down towards the bottom. http://www.synthzone.com/
This Icon should stay there all the time so that members can help defray the huge cost of maintaining this bbs and the server, so that Nigel does not have to continue paying it out of his family finances. He does the work, pays the bill and we get all the benefits. That is hardly fair.
It has come to my attention that a request has been made to put a star next to the nick name of every contributor to the Synthzone. I think this is a great idea. We all want to be a senior member and a star too. Those that help support this bbs are stars. This would also be a good reminder that we need to help pay the cost of this wonderful forum so it will always be here for us. That opportunity will now be available all year long, not just at Christmas time, so whenever you are feeling flush, you can throw a contribution in the pay pal pot that is located on the home page: http://www.synthzone.com/
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you that have contributed to this need. Nigel tells us there is about 800.00 in the pot to date. Every little bit helps.
To those that would detract from this effort to keep the synthzone self supporting I say, BE CAREFUL AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE POSTING. If you don't want to be part of the solution, please don't be part of the problem.
Merry Christmas and best to all

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/16/03 08:19 AM

Bebop, why on earth is it nessesary to make a
mark on those who pay, and not the others?
This board have been free of charge, and if
Nigel deside to make a fee for membership, it's
for him to deside.
The idea of having the Pay-Pal icon visible are
good, but please don't make a upperclass out of
those who pay, the reasons for not to may be many,
not nessesarely related to this great forum.
GJ
Posted by: shcox

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/16/03 09:31 AM

Hi Every One and a Happy Holiday Season,

I believe that a point I once tried to make to a group I was President of has once again been proven.

This particular group wanted to charge a due's to belong to it instead of just passing the hat.

I tried to explain that in my point of view when you charge people for something there is an expection, one that they now have a right to something in return, two that is all they have to do and three they now have a right to say how it is done.

On the other hand, if you provide a needed service for free and do a good job of it people will gladly give whatever they can to help. Some may give a lot, some only a little and some none at all, but in the end everyone is happy.

And I believe that is what Christmas is all about no matter what religion or belief one has.

Thank you agin Nigel, you gave to us freely now we can repay the kindness.

For those who can not give or have not given you should not feel obligated that's why it's called a donation. It's Nigel's and our gift to you.

I belive I can say this on behalf on everyone.

And let's not forget Beebop and the time he put's in. A big Thanks to you Too!

Again have a wonderful holiday season!!!

Heather
Posted by: MarkW

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/16/03 10:03 AM

Quote:
We all want to be a senior member and a star too.

This is something I've often wondered about. Why are some people identified as a Junior Member and others as a Member? Presumably this has nothing to do with age, as the registration screen does not include date of birth.

Mark.

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/16/03 10:35 AM

You'll reach the "new status" when you've written
your 32nd (I think) post
GJ

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/16/03 02:11 PM

Thanks to all for your contributions to help with the financial support of our great Synthzone.
I have concluded the ideas of the stars is probably a bad idea so lets forget about that. But let us continue to remember the need to support this BBS, but also to remember that all contributions are voluntary and there are no fees or dues.
Thanks to all
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 12-17-2003).]

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/17/03 08:42 PM

HI ALL,
We now have a pay pal icon on our Technics Forum Page header.
Look up at the top between the Synthzone and the keyboard graphic in the banner, and there is the Pay Pal Icon, so it will be easy to throw some spare change in it any time you get a generous urge to help support the bandwidth we are using here.
Thanks also to those that have emailed me and advised that they too have made a contribution but don't want their name publicized. You are all appreciated.
Best to all
Happy Holidays
Bebop

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/18/03 02:18 AM

I want to thank you all and many donations were from those that posted on this thread but there certainly were others that silently made a contribution. I even had a donation from a non member who simply reads the BBS postings.

The donations really do help to offset rising running costs and help to insure non commercial sites like this are able to stay online. The support I have received really is fantastic.
Posted by: larry gosmeyer

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/18/03 01:40 PM

After sending in my donation to Nigel, his comment seemed to indicate to me that he felt the response from contributors was very satisfactory and that he was highly pleased as to how much he has received.

He said more contributions were still on their way.

Again, many thanks to Nigel and Bebop for all their work in keeping the forum going strong.

Happy Holidays!!

Larry

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/18/03 02:38 PM

Hi Bebop.

When sitting here reading through the posts offline, my eyes opened wide and my cheek
fell down quite a bit, even further down than it usually use to be....
I've posted a reply/comment to the post already, but to be honest, I did most likely
not read everything carefully enough to notice all at the last part of your post.
Is it my understanding of for me a foreign language who is wrong, or is it something
I'm missing about what's written here?

____ QUOTE:

posted by Bebop 12-16-2003 07:43 AM

To those that would detract from this effort to keep the synthzone
self supporting I say, BE CAREFUL AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE POSTING.
If you don't want to be part of the solution, please don't be part
of the problem.

____ END QUOTE.

WOW!!
Is it so that those of us who (for some reason or another) did not or don't pay, or don't
tell if and how much payed here at the forum, now have to be more careful than the others
about what or when to post or reply?
Or is it just another words for: "Pay, or shut up and stay away!" ??
Is that the meaning of this words written? I really hope not, becuse translated to my
language I don't fancy the way it sounds, not at all!

I thought this was a free choice, and for each single member/visitor to deside what to do
as long there is nothing mentioned about membership charge at SZ so far.
At least I think that was the idea Scott Yee brought up in his post at General Arranger
Forum, where this great idea about financial support to keep up SZone was started.

It's really good to see that the incoming amount of money increase, and that it will be
for great help when Nigel continue maintain, developing and keep this super website up and
running for many years to come.
After all, it's also the only real Technics forum we have at the moment, so let's keep it
up and alive in a free democratic and openminded spirit!

Happy playing, posting and a Merry Christmas to you all.
GJ

Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting - 12/18/03 04:28 PM

I think this thread has continued long enough and has served its purpose so I will close it myself now.

Thanks again for the support.