SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#369237 - 07/17/13 01:37 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Diki,

Once again, even more mis-information! I did not retract any demos. I retracted AJs answer to the VCE-2 voice technology that I initially posted in the wrong thread. Have a mod verify this for you, they can... I NEVER lie - PERIOD! Then if you are big enough, you can apologize for yet another wild, un-founded & loose statement.

Here is a little more info on VCE-2 from the Ajamsonic manual:

Originally Posted By: Alamsonic manual
* Re-Adjusted sensitivity on VCE 2 and now Voice Character Emulation is used with many more preset and Program voices. Listen to the new Preset Alto Sax or Tenor Sax as you press harder, softer, hold down a note for over 2 seconds or release notes after being held down for say 1 second or play a note and attempt to play another while the first note is still ‘on’ … etc

* Voice Character Emulation – 2:- Experience the world of realism when your trumpet comes to live with trills or your sax with the sounds of the valves and breathe of the player, or new Guitar sounds (e.g. Nylon, African Strato, Rock Lead … etc) with real fret or slides or body-tap or … sounds. Test this with all the new “AJAM”, “LIVE” and “NEW” voices as you play – press harder, slide up or down on keys or play legato or … etc. Without having a dedicated button/control, you focus on playing and let AUDYA automatically do the rest. If you don’t want any characterization added to a voice, simply play normally. The more you express yourself, the more AUDYA expresses what you’ve just expressed … musically!

Also remember Diki, Ketron DID NOT put all their eggs in the Audio basket as once again wrongly stated... The Audya is just ONE of their products. They also produce many other series of Midi only arrangers. The choice is yours!

See mate, I keep on having to put things straight. There are others following this too & they just might come to the wrong conclusions based on loose & unjustified statements. I'm not merely an Audya freak, I'm also a truth freak & very, very proud of it.

And really mate, I have no personal feud with you. But someone has to come up for the Audya as not many do. And if I sound a little snotty at times, it's because I'm just having a little fun out of this. I really do not have a personality clash with you. And I'm not upset with you, not even in the least.

Cheers mate,

Henni

#369239 - 07/17/13 01:58 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
leezone Offline

"and go back to the full MIDI arranger section (which, to my ears at least, is not exactly the Ketron's strongest point"

i beg to differ

i think the Audy'a MIDI sounds phenomenal, better than Yamaha's, Korg's, Rolands, IMO, and i am picky when it comes to Midi

but to each his own,

with the Audya i get Audio and MIDI
i can use any combination of both

can't say that for the others can we?

#369240 - 07/17/13 02:17 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
leezone Offline

question for you Diki if I may ask,

have you ever tried out an Audya?
if not, why?

#369257 - 07/17/13 07:21 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Because there isn't a dealer remotely anywhere near me (a primary reason I'm not interested), no-one uses them here, and I'm not paying $5000 for the privilege of trying one out when I've heard what they can do online.

#369260 - 07/17/13 07:49 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Diki, I know it's not real close to you but Musician's Buy in West Palm Beach is a dealer. If you are ever up that way, they are good folks to work with. Not sure if they have any in stock though.
I REALLY wish you had a couple of weeks with one. I know you would make it do things most of us couldn't, or wouldn't.
http://www.musiciansbuy.com/Ketron-Audya-76Key-Workstation.html
DonM

#369262 - 07/17/13 08:50 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

Herewith some simple demos I've found of a standard factory Audya, showing off some of the styles only. Note, no melody with these:

Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

Enjoy if you so wish, else just ignore,

Henni

#369273 - 07/18/13 06:35 AM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
leezone Offline

Diki,

i'm sure if you really wanted to you could have tried one out for free by now, in fact i'm very sure.

hearing them online is not the same

i think IF you were to choose to demo one LIVE, you may like it too much, that is IF you were open to the idea

anyone here have an extra Audya they can send Diki to demo?

of ye i have 2 :-)

#369281 - 07/18/13 10:19 AM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
That's a round trip of 1200 miles to demo something, Don! Would YOU drive that far to hear a BK-9? LOL

And sorry, but unless you totally banjax the recording, yes, what is on a demo is EXACTLY what you'll hear out of the speakers in the store... We have come a LONG way from the old 96kbps MP3 web demo days. Stuff I post usually is at 256kbps, and almost indistinguishable from a CD. Let us also not kid ourselves... the basic output of most arrangers isn't significantly better than CD quality and the dynamic range is considerably less.

And my beef with the Audya has NEVER been about its audio quality or realism. My objections have ALWAYS been about editing ease and capability. It's an absolutely fabulous sounding arranger (how many times I got to say this, dammit?!), but it is simply not what I want. Too expensive, also... I tend to want a backup (I have two G70 at the moment), and at $5000 a pop, that's well out of my league.

Look, I'm not beating everyone over the head that don't like Roland's, nor suggesting they drive 1200 freakin' miles to play one..! If you've got a legitimate reason to not want one, fair enough... I don't see why the Audya camp is so insecure.

For the last flippin' time... THE AUDYA IS A GREAT ARRANGER. IT SOUNDS AMAZING. IT DOES THINGS NO OTHER ARRANGER DOES.

Better now?
computer

#369286 - 07/18/13 10:44 AM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
This has been an interesting thread. I have never owned a Ketron keyboard but do own the SD2 unit which I like very much. That said, like Diki said, the keyboard simply costs to much and unless a friend has one you never find one in a store to try out. I too was at Don's jam when AJ showed off the very first Audya and like everyone else, I was impressed with it's sound. But, until Ketron comes up to customer support expectations they can keep them.

Deane

#369287 - 07/18/13 10:51 AM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
leezone Offline

and Diki,

i have a feeling if you were to setup both your G-70 and an Audya on a stand on stage... (if someone were kind enough to offer you one to demo)

and play, and play, and play

you very well MAY make the Audya switch like i have many years ago.

My G-70 has been sitting in my garage, in it's case, untouched gathering dust !!!

and i LOVE the G-70, but love the Audya so much more wink

ps. Audya 5 costs less than $4k

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online