SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 16 of 34 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 33 34 >
Topic Options
#295916 - 10/17/10 07:39 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
to the genesys Offline

Talk? All a poll is is "Talk". No one did a pll for Roland to make a G70,for SA voices on the T2 for changing the casing from the T1 to T2. If Yamaha chooses not to see the want of a Yamaha 76 key arranger by multiple persons here just on SZ why do you think a Poll would make a difference? Again, show me the poll that was done on including XLR, flash memory, blue lights and sliders and then we could talk about a poll for a good 76 key Yamaha arranger.

------------------
TTG

#295917 - 10/17/10 07:58 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
All the posting up to now has done nothing...so, obviously the method isn't working.

Reality check:

Did someone from Yamaha marketing post that they'd be making a TOTL or MOTL 76'er?

So, it ain't working.

Spalding's idea of a poll taken at different sites and forums is the only way you'll get hard data.

So, you can keep wasting your time criticizing, or you could actually do something constructive.

I can send the results to Head Office, but I can't send what I don't have.

You guys are lazier than me, and that's saying something.

Ian

#295918 - 10/17/10 08:14 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
No offense, but that is quite absurd, saying I am bringing up this subject to draw attention to myself... Is every post where you praise Yamaha done for the same purpose..? Of course not. So why are mine?

Listen, you guys need to get a grip! We aren't discussing Darfur, we aren't discussing Obamacare, and to be perfectly frank, ONLY those that actually DO want a 76 PSR or Tyros ought to be involved in the discussion at all... Why so many of you that are already happy with what you have are so apparently troubled that some of us AREN'T is quite frankly, puzzling me no end...

It's not like the 76-ers are telling the 61 players that they ought to want 76's too... No-one has seriously suggested that Yamaha in any way whatsoever DROP the products that already satisfy those that want them. I am confused as to just WHY they honestly give a toss one way or the other... But they do. Just READ this wellspring of protest at the thought that Yamaha might like to service those that play 76's as well as they service those that play 61's. Hardly earth shattering, I would have thought.

You guys are happy with your 61's... WE GET IT! But, SO WHAT? What on earth has that got to do with the fact that we AREN'T happy with Yamaha's 76's? You don't play them, don't WANT to play them, don't seem to have any stake in the issue at all.

And sorry, but Yamaha already knows MY needs. If they can't extrapolate the need for a decent 76 from the myriad posts about it here, over the years, 'putting the numbers' together for them won't change a thing. Personally, having listened to quite a bit of double-talk from Yamaha directly ("there's no demand", "The last one we made sold badly", blah, blah, blah, easily disprovable facts) and heard just HOW careful they are to toe the company line even when it flies in the face of the facts, I still remain convinced the ACTUAL reason the 76 PSR doesn't get made is how badly it would affect YPG and DGX sales. And you'll certainly NEVER get a Yamaha rep to lay that out for you in plain English!

Let's face it, guys... Raise your hands, S910 users, if you would be happy gigging a YPG or DGX if the made it in a 61? Yep, didn't think so! There is a HUGE gap in capability between the arranger division's arrangers, and the 'home piano' divisions arrangers, even the TOTL Clavinova is a pale shadow of the T3, let alone the T4. As I have said, I personally don't care if a MOTL 76 is branded as a DGX, or a PSR. I really couldn't care less what is printed on the front panel! But currently, Yamaha have this huge hole in their line-up, and my needs fall RIGHT into it. And, I honestly believe, so do many here.

I truly believe that Yamaha are only TOO aware of the need, but that their current corporate structure is too inflexible to allow them to fill it. And, I'm really sorry to have to say it, but I honestly DO believe that the majority of Yamaha 61 players chiming in on this issue that has NOTHING to do with them is basically, as I said earlier, a really bad case of "I've got mine... who CARES what you want?!'

Or why else are they posting?

#295919 - 10/17/10 08:26 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
There is a HUGE gap in capability between the arranger division's arrangers, and the 'home piano' divisions arrangers, even the TOTL Clavinova is a pale shadow of the T3, let alone the T4. As I have said, I personally don't care if a MOTL 76 is branded as a DGX, or a PSR. I really couldn't care less what is printed on the front panel! But currently, Yamaha have this huge hole in their line-up, and my needs fall RIGHT into it. And, I honestly believe, so do many here.

Yes I agree with this comment Diki. I HAVE tried them in store, there is a world if difference in the style engines, and even the polyphony.

But you know the old sales instructions....always extol the benefits as they apply to the buyer (in this case Yamaha), and the improvements (in this case sales) they will get out of it.

Somehow, and with all respect for your campaign, and you (I would like one myself), just posting it here on SZ is virtually the same as me shouting to you across the giant pond

Dennis

#295920 - 10/17/10 08:38 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I truly believe that Yamaha are only TOO aware of the need, but that their current corporate structure is too inflexible to allow them to fill it.

So, you say you believe that Yamaha's corporate structure is too inflexible to allow them to make a 76'er?

So, why are you still harping about getting a 76 note arranger?

It must be the attention...

Ian

#295921 - 10/17/10 08:55 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Somehow, and with all respect for your campaign, and you (I would like one myself), just posting it here on SZ is virtually the same as me shouting to you across the giant pond

Dennis

Shouting across the pond, even on a soapbox, would still be about as effective...

Dennis, Diki believes that Yamaha's corporate structure is too inflexible to allow them to make a 76'er.

So, in effect, he is saying he believes they can't make one.

Now, what do you think the chances are of Yamaha restructuring their corporation because Diki and a few others (including me and you) want a 76-note arranger?

Of course, we have no real data to show how many actually want one, other than the poorly done poll and a few posts by people who wouldn't buy a Yamaha no matter how many keys it had.

The dominoes keep falling....

I still think Spalding's idea was the best...if the numbers are there, the chances of some changes being made will be much improved.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-17-2010).]

#295922 - 10/17/10 09:23 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I still think Spalding's idea was the best...if the numbers are there, the chances of some changes being made will be much improved. Ian

Yep, I can only agree with that

And even a 20% chance is better than nothing....It would give Yamaha a reason to perhaps launch more intensive and focussed market research if they see a groundswell.

Not just some hopes and wishes from this place

Dennis

#295923 - 10/18/10 09:19 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ian,
Don't you think it's a problem when a company's corporate structure gets in the way of providing customers a product they WANT TO BUY TODAY!

Be honest here! Take off your Yamaha hat for just a monent.

Lee S.

#295924 - 10/18/10 09:53 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Ian,
Don't you think it's a problem when a company's corporate structure gets in the way of providing customers a product they WANT TO BUY TODAY!

Be honest here! Take off your Yamaha hat for just a monent.

Lee S.

Lee,

I did not say that Yamaha's corporate structure was too inflexible to provide what was allegedly wanted.

Diki did.

If you check my messages, you will find that I did not agree with him...I just re-stated his position, and how Spalding's suggestion would probably get the best results.

My own view was stated several times, and that was brought about by the answer I received directly from Yamaha Head Office, and also from the responses at my clinics and demos.

Diki and KingFrog got the same answer from two different reps, however, Diki chooses to form his own take on the situation, and, of course, he is entitled to his own opinion.

Ian

#295925 - 10/18/10 10:43 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Trouble is, my 'opinion' happens to fit the facts, and nothing else does.

Maybe there is an altogether different reason that reflects the real truth of the matter, but I haven't seen or heard it yet.

OK... you asked to see some real figures. Let's just take this thread ALONE. There are eight current 76 owners that WOULD move or add a 76 Yamaha, compared to TWO current 76 users that wouldn't that have posted that opinion here. Of course, because they already have what they want, and adding a MOTL or TOTL 76 to Yamaha's line up wouldn't changer what they want or use (mind you, you'd be amazed at how some people can change their minds once something actually IS available!), none of the 61 naysayers are included in these figures (and I STILL haven't worked out why they are posting on the issue at all ).

So out of ten 76 users that DID respond, 80% of them would buy a Yamaha 76. And, to be honest, if you look at how Yamaha dominate in the 61 arena, this is unsurprising. If Yamaha make the best 61's (for most people), it stands to reason they would make the best 76's, too. Except their current corporate structure forbids them to do this.

80% of the 76 market is nothing to dismiss so lightly. But Yamaha ARE. No other company makes 76's as a loss leader for their other arrangers. ALL of them make a profit. Why Yamaha doesn't want a piece of this (the larger piece, from these figures!) is one of life's great mysteries.

Page 16 of 34 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 33 34 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online