SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 33 34 >
Topic Options
#295766 - 10/08/10 01:02 PM Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Dnj Offline

Even though So many people
HATE THE DRUMS & constantly complain about having the "LIVE IN YOUR FACE" sound.......? So you'll have 76 keys and lousy drums to your ears?...
I dont get it? At this rate the Audya 76 is your only choice for that Live Sounding Drums.....or am I missing something here?

#295767 - 10/08/10 01:13 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's yin and yang, Donny. Sure, you might lose a bit of punch in the drums (and who says it's wrong to complain about something so easily fixable, with a sampler on board?) but you would gain many things to compensate...

For me, it's more about getting a 76 PSR, as close in sound as they are to the Tyros, at a FAR more affordable price. I've said for a VERY long time that I would LOVE a 76 PSR. Bumping up the drum level on every style isn't going to be THAT hard a job, and that would go 50% or more to addressing the problem. For the SA sounds, and Mega guitars, it would be an acceptable trade-off, particularly if I used it for background restaurant type gigs.

But the keyboard SIZE is the deal-breaker, for me. My style and needs dictate that above almost all else. So I wait. And complain. And complain. And complain...!

One day, Yamaha is going to wake up to the fact that not JUST low-end arranger players want a 76... That's all they make, right now. But one day...

In Jerusalem!

(BTW, I wouldn't count out Korg for a good 'live' drum sound without the drawbacks of audio drums, or even a nice used G70 or E80!)

#295768 - 10/08/10 01:18 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Simple question Donny, requires a simple answer...

YES!!

Dennis

#295769 - 10/08/10 01:22 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Another simple answer-NO!

R.

#295770 - 10/08/10 01:23 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
It's yin and yang, Donny. Sure, you might lose a bit of punch in the drums (and who says it's wrong to complain about something so easily fixable, with a sampler on board?) but you would gain many things to compensate...

For me, it's more about getting a 76 PSR, as close in sound as they are to the Tyros, at a FAR more affordable price. I've said for a VERY long time that I would LOVE a 76 PSR. Bumping up the drum level on every style isn't going to be THAT hard a job, and that would go 50% or more to addressing the problem. For the SA sounds, and Mega guitars, it would be an acceptable trade-off, particularly if I used it for background restaurant type gigs.

But the keyboard SIZE is the deal-breaker, for me. My style and needs dictate that above almost all else. So I wait. And complain. And complain. And complain...!

One day, Yamaha is going to wake up to the fact that not JUST low-end arranger players want a 76... That's all they make, right now. But one day...

In Jerusalem!

(BTW, I wouldn't count out Korg for a good 'live' drum sound without the drawbacks of audio drums, or even a nice used G70 or E80!)

Diki fair enough......but another major concern in the 76 key saga is the KEYFEEL.....so lets say Yamaha makes a TYROS 5 with 61/76.......then people will complain that the key-feel sux and is too light, spongy or whatever and that cannot be fixed. And so it continues, compromises up the wazoo, it will never end....it's always something. There are a few good choices out there but it's up to you to evaluate, audition, and see which of the compromises YOU will endure on which unit.
meanwhile practice, perform, enjoy & learn new things about what you use now and see down the road what turns up.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-08-2010).]

#295771 - 10/08/10 01:25 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Another simple answer...

Just what exactly was the question?

#295772 - 10/08/10 01:37 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Another simple answer...

Just what exactly was the question?

Id say "jealousy" is also involved as if the tyros was just so so in the sound department no one would care how many keys it had... Each complaint is an attribution & acknowledgment to how great the Tyros SOUND is....now whats the next complaint?

#295773 - 10/08/10 01:41 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Would I buy a 76 Tyros4?

Honestly..NO..

Not only are they over priced..but there are still too many things I do not care for..mainly the overall sound and operating system...Yes one can get use to it, but I choose not to...

I am making this decision based on what I know about my short lived Tyros 3...

#295774 - 10/08/10 01:44 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Would I Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......

Nope.

However, if the keys were weighted hammer action, like on the p-85 or DGX, I would consider it, but not as a gigging arranger, but more of a studio piece.

Ian

#295775 - 10/08/10 01:45 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I'd personally like a 76 note Tyros for playing those occasional solo piano tunes, but 'only' if Yamaha can preserve the current case dimensions of the T1/2/3/4 and not add more than 5 lbs to the current T4 weight, and from what I can caluculate, it's technically possible. As it's been brought to Yamaha's attention many times (by me and others), its clear Yamaha's got no interest in producing a 76 note 'portable' arranger now, especially after the disastrous sales of the their 76 note 9000 Pro. Why would they want to repeat that? AFterall, Yamaha's markets Tyros as an 'arranger' keyboard specifically created for auto accomp style arranger playing, not solo piano playing, and 61 notes suits this fine for me.

Scott Yee Entertainment

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 33 34 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online