SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 18 of 34 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 33 34 >
Topic Options
#295936 - 10/19/10 11:00 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I'm not as dumb as you look.
I'm about as interested in politics as you are in good manners.
Ian

I think this would fall into the 'touchy feely lopsided' thing..all in jest,just a stupid fabricated board of lead with blue lighted buttons,minus the 15 needed keys.

#295937 - 10/19/10 11:53 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
For once & for all...SOME of YOU PEOPLE DON'T GET IT!
Some of us love the Yamaha sound, and style availability, but we want 76 keys...why should we have to buy another brand to get 76 keys, just because Yamaha is so stubborn..??

That's the REAL issue here. If we (76'ers)all wanted another brand that has 76 we would not be bitching! We would just buy it and be happy.

Do you think we are hitting on this just to be troublesome, no!

Something to add...in watching some of the Yamaha PRO's demos..they RUN OUT OF KEYS!
I bet you a deluxe taco that they would love to have 76 keys!
Lee S.

no leeboy thats not the real issue. It doesnt matter what you want or the other 7 of you that make up Diki's sample 80% of the 76 key arranger market :-)(i am playing with you both...well with you at least :-)) Its about whether there are enough of you (not 8) who would make additional sales for yamaha alongside their existing mix or make less sales at a higher profit margin for Yamaha the corporation (read higher price)to offset any additional set up costs for the additional 76 key version at lower volume sales. Just so you know, 61 key keyboards outsell all other class of keyboards for obvious reasons to most people .

If you or Diki or anyone care to provide yamaha with hard figures as to the profit they would (not could) make from a survey/petition that demonstrated an additional 800 new 76 key customers chomping at the bit(for example ) , there is no question in my mind that they would seriously look again at their marketing research.

You cant seriously believe that yamaha the corporation is simply 'stubborn' about not wanting to make a 76 key fully fledged tyros product ?

Can you ?????

#295938 - 10/19/10 12:15 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
'Don't be absurd! If eight out of ten people on ANY thread said they preferred Yamaha 61's to any other brand's 61's, the same Yamaha fanboys that want to shoot this idea down would be touting it as incontrovertible proof of how good Yamaha's are!'

Diki , you made the correlation not me ....You said

'80% of the 76 market is nothing to dismiss so lightly. But Yamaha ARE. No other company makes 76's as a loss leader for their other arrangers. ALL of them make a profit. Why Yamaha doesn't want a piece of this (the larger piece, from these figures!) is one of life's great mysteries.

You make the correlation that somehow Yamaha was dismissing 80% of the 76 key arranger market . Where did you get that from ? If you meant 80% of 10 people then why shouldnt yamaha dismiss them ? I would . Wouldnt you ?

If i did a survey of 1 and that person said they would buy a 76 key yamaha arranger then (according to the figures from my survey ) yamaha has ignored 100% of the 76 Key arranger market ! Absurdity indeed !

Listen Diki , you are tieinhg yourself up in knots over God knows what !!

Every post does not have to be a battle of wills.

Simply provide yamaha with real numbers and they will listen. I dont know of any company that would deliberately turn their nose up at a real quantifiable profit margin greater than what they are currently achieveing with no downside. If yamaha did this routinely they would be out of business . From where i am sitting , the only arranger keyboard companies that have gone bust , or stopped making 76 key and/or 61 key instruments are those that couldnt make sufficient profit on them.

Thats the bottom line. If you dont believe that, then there is nothing more anyone can say.

#295939 - 10/19/10 03:30 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I agree...giving up one of the best selling 61's would be idiotic.

No reflection on you, Genny.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-19-2010).]

You poor thing Iana! You still don’t get it. Yamaha would not be giving up anything they would be gaining.
You see the PSR 910 is not selling well because of it being 61 keys but it is doing well because of its sounds and styles and the fact that it is light.

Unless you can prove otherwise Iana, if Yamaha made the next PSR the same size and weight of the proposed new Casio WK7500, it would not suffer less sales because of it being 76 keys.

------------------
TTG

#295940 - 10/19/10 04:19 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Unless you can prove otherwise Iana, if Yamaha made the next PSR the same size and weight of the proposed new Casio WK7500, it would not suffer less sales because of it being 76 keys.

Now, that's quite a statement, Genny.

How could you prove what you say is true, if they won't make the PSR instrument without substantial evidence the market is worth pursuing?

It's best for you to follow Spalding's suggestion..."Simply provide Yamaha with real numbers and they will listen."

Ian

#295941 - 10/19/10 05:06 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
to the genesys Offline

Are you for real?
Is that what Yamaha is telling you that they are not making a PSR with changes?

So the next PSR will be the exact same keyboard as it predecessor?

There is already substantial evidence right in Yamaha’s camp that the lightweight reasonably priced arranger market is worth pursuing. Just look at the sales from the PSR 3000 to the S900 and S910.
The 61 vs 76 key factor was not an issue with the increase in sales.

If there is already substantial proof that a 76 key lightweight arranger that is reasonably price would do well, why do you think Yamaha is going to take a petition that was organized by Diki seriously? Yamaha knows for a fact that a 76 key arranger is in demand because they made the PSR 9000, and they currently make the DGX and the Motif XS and XF.

------------------
TTG

#295942 - 10/19/10 05:30 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Yamaha knows for a fact that a 76 key arranger is in demand because they made the PSR 9000, and they currently make the DGX and the Motif XS and XF.

Just how do you know that Yamaha knows for a fact that a 76 key TOTL/MOTL arranger is in demand?

Where did you get your information?

I got my answer right from Yamaha Head Office...they don't feel a 76 note TOTL/MOTL arranger is needed at the present time.

Diki got the same answer as I from a Yamaha rep, but he chooses to to put forward the theory they aren't making one because corporate structure won't allow it.

The reason is now irrelevant.

If I am right, then nothing will happen until there is a reason for them to make one.

IF Diki is right, they certainly won't restructure the company to enable making a TOTL/MOTL 76'er unless there is a reason to make one.

So, you, or Diki, can provide it by following Spalding's excellent suggestion..."Simply provide Yamaha with real numbers and they will listen."

Ian

#295943 - 10/19/10 05:48 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Hi Spalding 1968,
Yes, they have a problem
Look at it this way...let's keep it simple.
Do you think Korg, Keton Roland etc are stupid and would build a kbd that they didn't sell enough of. NO way!

The research is already done.

Us folks here on SZ is a rounding error.
Plenty of sales for a 76...it's already proven.

Lee S.

#295944 - 10/19/10 06:05 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ah...Ha..MORE proof...
Why in the world did they not make the new Roland VR700 (designed for gigging) 61 keys??
(from their announcement)
and it's light weight too.

•76-key waterfall keyboards offers smooth glissandos, fast action, and provides enough keys for splits.

Exactly!

The freeking research is done!
Lee S.

#295945 - 10/19/10 06:24 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Ah...Ha..MORE proof...
Why in the world did they not make the new Roland VR700 (designed for gigging) 61 keys??

Why in the world did they not make the GW-8 with 76 keys?

Ha ha...more proof.

Ian

Page 18 of 34 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 33 34 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online