SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 15 of 34 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 33 34 >
Topic Options
#295906 - 10/17/10 04:02 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
BTW Ian, I agreed with Diki as far as a 76 note PSR

Not the continual haranguing of Yamaha owners/demonstrators

Dennis

Thank you for your support Dennis...it is appreciated.

In regards to those who harangue, berate and criticize, you know there's a lot of truth in the old saying, "Criticism is the unconscious tribute that mediocrity and failure pay to success."

I always consider the source, and usually it's someone who can't even run their own affairs successfully.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-17-2010).]

#295907 - 10/17/10 04:54 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I'm in no way a "Piano player" wasn't trained that way in the early years, First Accordion...then Organ.......no need for 76 keys at all for me...my own customized styles I only use about 30 of them on stage is all I need to cover any situation & Right Hand comps to beef up the style parts & RH Lead solos are the icing on the cake, but are all secondary to back up my Lead vocals......that's it]

Hey Donny, you don't have to take a back seat to anyone as far as talent goes, and how to use an arranger effectively.

Plus, you're one of the best singers on this site, and you know the material that suits your voice, and pick the best styles and SMF's to support it.

Those MP3's you sent me are awesome...the duet was really touching.

Ian

#295908 - 10/17/10 05:02 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Dnj Offline

Thank you Ian for the Kudos.....I'm glad you enjoyed the songs.....especialy the one done using the Tyros2, a TC helicon VH, and a few friends . Backseat?....nah....just expressing my feelings on why I don't need a 76 key unit....although I hope who ever wants the yamaha experience using one eventually gets that chance if ever down the road.....thats is to be determined. Meanwhile just use what you have make great music, keep absorbing from all musical sources that inspire you and have fun!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-17-2010).]

#295909 - 10/17/10 05:09 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yes I agree with Spalding and Ian, why not setup something on those forums mentioned...

And in my view, I would add forums like Sound On Sound and KVR to name a couple more.

Where the membership is HUGE, very, very diverse and is made up of members from around the world and from many different musical backgrounds.

I reckon you could get maybe even a couple of thousand, and THEN Yamaha may start seriously looking at it

Dennis

#295910 - 10/17/10 05:34 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Dnj Offline

Don't be fooled or naive Yamaha is well aware of what goes on out in the Arranger Kb world....and believe me they know excactly what they are doing & are very good at it.....SZ isn't even a spec of sand in Yamaha's thoughts in their R&D department...

#295911 - 10/17/10 06:09 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
For once & for all...YOU PEOPLE DON'T GET IT!

Some of us love the Yamaha sound, and style availability, but we want 76 keys...why should we have to buy another brand to get 76 keys, just because Yamaha is so stubborn..??

That's the REAL issue here. If we (76'ers)all wanted another brand that has 76 we would not be bitching! We would just buy it and be happy.
Do you thinl we are hitting on this just to be troublesome, Hell no!
Lee S.

#295912 - 10/17/10 06:28 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:

Some of us love the Yamaha sound, and style availability, but we want 76 keys...why should we have to buy another brand to get 76 keys, just because Yamaha is so stubborn..??

That's the REAL issue here. If we (76'ers)all wanted another brand that has 76 we would not be bitching! We would just buy it and be happy.
Do you thinl we are hitting on this just to be troublesome, Hell no!
Lee S.

Just get a 76 controller & a Tyros 4 if you just HAVE TO HAVE THAT GREAT YAMAHA SOUND...........and down the road maybe one day they might make a 76 Tyros or S series unit....but that could be a very long time if at all......so how much do you want the Yamaha sound vs a 76 key option?
What's more important to you?...now that's reality.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-17-2010).]

#295913 - 10/17/10 06:37 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
to the genesys Offline

IMO you don’t even have to do a petition. Yamaha is quite aware that a 76 key arranger is welcomed. That is not the issue. Again, they do make 76 key arrangers in the DGX and the Motif XS. Also, all the other manufacturers of arrangers make 76 key arrangers. So don’t be fooled Yamaha knows there is a market. The concern for Yamaha is would it prevent their existing customers from buying their keyboard and would it help to fuel the existing divisional rivalry?

As Yamaha has shown is if you create a great sounding product, giving more to existing customers would not prevent them from buying the keyboard.
Just look at the T4, some persons could have done with out the blue lights, but is that stopping them from getting the T4? No because there are a lot more interesting things that would compel them to buy the T4. Same thing with the voices in the styles. In fact the voices in the styles may help Yamaha to get sales because they were lacking in that area compared to Korg and Roland.

And, persons saying that they don’t need 76 keys is only being said now because they don’t have it. The same thing was said about audio recording on a Yamaha arranger, a sampler on a Yamaha arranger and probably was said by some persons about blue lights but some of those same persons still bought the next T arranger despite it having those features they claim to despised. .
The fact that persons would buy a T4 when they already have a T3 or T2 only shows that persons are more concerned with how the keyboard sounds. That is the strong point of the Yamaha keyboards.

BTW 76 keys are not just for piano players. And to suggest having a controller 76 key keyboard is not the answer because it defeats the purpose of having a 76 key arranger (that is having every thing all in one). And, it is kind of strange a suggestion like that coming from a person who things having a module is too much work to set-up.

------------------
TTG

#295914 - 10/17/10 07:03 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:

I believe it is YOU that doesn't "get it", Lee.

The 61 note Tyros was introduced...there was small debate on SZ for 76.

The 61-note Tyros2 was introduced...another little buzz on SZ about a 76.

The 61-note Tyros3 was introduced...there was another debate and a poorly done poll.

The 61-note Tyros4 was introduced...

Now, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out there will be a 61-note Tyros5.

Now, you can speculate all you want about the reasons why they don't, but even if you do find out why, that is not going to change things.

Spalding had the best idea so far.

All Diki has done is use the whole issue to draw attention to himself and to launch criticism at the company...do you honestly think that kind of behaviour will force them to make a 76'er?

If it is so important to you, then follow Spalding's advice...if Diki can get off his little soapbox and stop his useless grandstanding, and actually do something constructive instead of feeding his ego, you just might get their attention...and the right kind of attention at that.

Ian

#295915 - 10/17/10 07:21 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Yes I agree with Spalding and Ian, why not setup something on those forums mentioned...

Dennis

A nice idea in theory...but, it ain't going to happen.

We can see there are a few here who happen to like the attention they get from being on their soapbox, or continually putting forth unproven speculations and criticisms.

For these people, doing a poll would be too much effort, and not enough glory, and it would be riskier in the event the results were against them....they certainly wouldn't want to fail after all the mean and mocking comments and their constant assertions they had all the answers.

No, these people are all talk...and talk is cheap...and easier than actually doing something.

Ian

Page 15 of 34 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 33 34 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online