SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 33 of 34 < 1 2 31 32 33 34 >
Topic Options
#296086 - 10/27/10 12:52 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
All that you and all the Yamaha fanboys have shown me so far is, if it's anything you don't currently need or want, it's an affront to your personal values that someone MIGHT want something Yamaha don't make.

Do me, and the rest here, a big favor, Diki.

Tell me, besides me, who are all these "Yamaha fanboys" you're talking about?

You're being very vague, so, how about some of the names in this, apparently substantial, group of people?

Let's keep things above board, that's if you can handle it.

If you won't name them, then they are just something you are making up, and you are trying to appear the victim (or martyr)...either that, or you're just trying to stir things up.

So, as you say, let's not bullsh*t one another...what is it?

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-27-2010).]

#296087 - 10/27/10 07:18 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Diki,

Glad to hear you took the time to write Yamaha, and with luck, maybe you will not have to wait four years to see favorable results.

BTW: I'm not a so-called "fanboy." I'm a fan of what sounds and works best for me. Keep in mind that I HAVE OWNED Roland, Korg and other brands along with Yamaha. For ME, it's never been the number of keys, key size, key feel, and until I got old, weight. It has always been the sound, and I personally, have always liked what I heard coming from Yamaha's MOTL and TOTL arrangers.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#296088 - 10/27/10 07:51 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Dnj Offline

What?.....this thread is still going on?

#296089 - 10/27/10 07:53 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Diki,

BTW: I'm not a so-called "fanboy." I'm a fan of what sounds and works best for me. Keep in mind that I HAVE OWNED Roland, Korg and other brands along with Yamaha. For ME, it's never been the number of keys, key size, key feel, and until I got old, weight. It has always been the sound, and I personally, have always liked what I heard coming from Yamaha's MOTL and TOTL arrangers.

Gary,

Methinks friend Diki is exaggerating a little, to try and lend credence to his posts.

So, I suppose I am the only "fanboy" so far, if you're not.

I wonder who the rest are...maybe Diki will consent to tell us their names?

That Tyros4 is looking better all the time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpfKs4ZK7Dk

Leigh's demo is terrific.

Ian

#296090 - 10/27/10 02:11 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I would tend to think that if Diki, or anyone else on the Zone, for that matter, would pose a logical argument to Yamaha, or any other arranger keyboard manufacturer, pertaining to an added feature that would benefit ALL users, current and potential, they would listen to his or her plea.

In my case, the change to a TFT display made it so everyone could readily see the display from any angle in both low and high intensity light conditions. I asked for a sunlight viewable display, which they did not provide, but the new displays are really incredible, which is evident on the S-910.

I also asked for high-intensity LED indicator lamps on the buttons so they could be seen outdoors--they didn't provide them. Much of the reasoning behind this was made perfectly clear when a poll taken about 10 years ago revealed that less than 1/10 of 1-percent of the performers played outdoors. Therefore, when you take into consideration that the percentage of pro players is probably less than 1-percent of the total, arranger keyboard market, then the percentage, or actual number that perform outdoors must be minuscule.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#296091 - 10/27/10 03:29 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I would tend to think that if Diki, or anyone else on the Zone, for that matter, would pose a logical argument to Yamaha, or any other arranger keyboard manufacturer, pertaining to an added feature that would benefit ALL users, current and potential, they would listen to his or her plea.

Of course they would listen, Gary.

It's just that Diki likes to make it seem that there are many, Yamaha "fanboys"(his words) against his proposal...it's not that way at all.

Most of us are all for it, and would help in any way possible.

Ian

#296092 - 10/27/10 11:02 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Simply read this entire thread. Note down EVERYONE that is against the idea of Yamaha making a 76 MOTL or TOTL. Now, ask yourself what they play... Yep, a Yamaha 61. So, they got NO stake whatsoever in the issue.

But they SURE like to post, don't they?

Like I said, without the Greek chorus, this thread would have been ten to twenty posts long. Thanks for making it so big...

There were ten 76 players that responded (which is NOT all the 76 players here, by a LONG shot). Of those ten that responded, only TWO said they wouldn't be interested in a Yamaha 76. I don't imagine Yamaha's own polling figures express any greater percentage of response. Ten respondents out of what, maybe sixty or so regular posters on this forum. I bet Yamaha don't poll 15% of their ENTIRE customer base, either. But apparently, I have to provide better figures than Yamaha have to!

Add to that that polling a customer base that doesn't include anyone that actually WANTS what they don't currently make, and this little straw poll is looking more and more accurate every day!

#296093 - 10/27/10 11:31 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
But apparently, I have to provide better figures than Yamaha have to!

!

I knew you wouldn't answer my question...avoiding it only confirms what I said...you're just trying to play the victim...it ain't working.

Neither is this entire thread...it may be long, but it says very little...much like your posts.

So continue to play the victim if you wish, but, unless you follow Spalding's wise advice, posted several times during this thread, and actually get some hard numbers, I'm afraid we'll see nothing of what you seek, no matter how big this thread gets.

In fact, in case you haven't noticed, the percentage of content (including your own posts) that would be positive towards what you think you want, gets less as the thread grows...

Ian

#296094 - 10/29/10 12:01 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But the percentage of those posts with no relevance increases... Well done, once again.

Kind of reminds me of Animal Farm...

Four legs good... two legs baaaaad!

You keep saying it over and over, you can drown out all KINDS of good ideas.

61keys good... 76 keys baaaaad!

Sorry, Ian, but I feel that, if Yamaha don't consider that everybody ELSE selling (and making a profit from) 76's is enough proof that the market exists, you must be INSANE to suggest that writing in to inform them of something they can see with their own eyes is going to do any good whatsoever.

You aren't crazy, are you?

#296095 - 10/29/10 12:34 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
You aren't crazy, are you?

If I hadn't been so crazy, I'd have gone insane...

Seriously, they (whoever "they" are) say insanity is doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results.

You have brought up the same old Yamaha 76'er scenario with each new Tyros iteration...yet we still count 61.

Mmmmm...you aren't insane, are you?

Perhaps I'm just as bad, since I've been supporting your cause all along.

Ian

Page 33 of 34 < 1 2 31 32 33 34 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online