Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 22 of 42 < 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 41 42 >
Topic Options
#276303 - 11/25/09 03:34 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Ian the Ironic, I wish you the best in trying to rebuild your credibility and trying to persuade persons to start taking you seriously.

Thanks pal...Mmmmm....I know there was a point you were trying to make in your reply, but it escapes me entirely.

You are still angry over GEM dumping you...that's understandable.

I am not bashing the Audya, just trying to find out the real facts like everybody else.

You, on the hand, don't seem to have much self control, and you can't seem to restrain yourself from attacking me...anger seems to open the mouth, and close the mind, in your case.

My credibility is just fine with the people that matter....you're just one of them....but, I still think you are a nice guy...just a little angry and lost, for the moment.

Cheers,

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-25-2009).]

#276304 - 11/25/09 03:45 PM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:

Thanks pal...Mmmmm....I know there was a point you were trying to make in your reply, but it escapes me entirely.

You are still angry over GEM dumping you...that's understandable.

I am not bashing the Audya, just trying to find out the real facts like everybody else.

You, on the hand, don't seem to have much self control, and you can't seem to restrain yourself from attacking me...anger seems to open the mouth, and close the mind, in your case.

My credibility is just fine with the people that matter....you're just one of them....but, I still think you are a nice guy...just a little angry and lost, for the moment.

Cheers,

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-25-2009).]

Did I miss something? Did I ever say I was angry over GEM “dumping” me?
I guess that is another one of your mistruths.

And I am not attacking you.
If you are taking it that way please don’t because I am not or that is not my intention.

To modify a famous phrase, I am attacking the behavior not the person.

#276305 - 11/25/09 03:54 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
That's good...I'm glad you're not angry.

So are you attacking Ketron, or the Audya, or their behavior?

I'm just concerned about the Audya's behavior.

And, no matter how you try and spin it...it is still a work in progress.

Not finished....still finishing it...needs to be finished.

Hopefully soon.

#276306 - 11/25/09 04:23 PM Re: Where is OS4
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
i'll get mine when the progress yields the AUDYA2 or the AUDYA2 module with 1TB HD and 2GB RAM :-)

I don't know Lee, there is a 7+/- year difference between the Sd1 and the Audya, just as there is a 4-5 year difference between xd3 and the sd5.

We may see a t4, pa3x, G? by the time the a new (Audya 2)flagship arranger is released by ketron. I like the fact the ketron does not release flagship arrangers every couple of years. For me, the next leap over than really makes it worth while.

#276307 - 11/25/09 06:38 PM Re: Where is OS4
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
This is exactly why when addressing you I mentioned KORG Forums existing for issues like this. You make no real attempt to even describe the problem yet you will put the effort into moaning about it rather than getting help. Like what are you saying here... Your keyboard is faulty and KORG won't help you ?. Is that it ?

The yellow streak, define it, post a photo of it, at least put in the effort to explain yourself properly and you will get the right advice. Do a search for Contrast knob on KORG Forums and you will see just how common that is the solution screen problems. Thats exactly why I suggested this to you.

Are you outside your warranty. These are all the things you need to be saying in order to get help.

Regards
James

Hey James,

I forgot my password on how to get into the forum. I can then discuss the issues, as you suggest. It will interesting to see if anyone else has the yellow smear, inside the display (on both boards, very weird).

With its problems, it remains my favorite board of all time and I wouldn't swap out for any reason other than it just shutting down

I look forward to the next generation of Korg. Can't believe they could come up with a better product.....

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#276308 - 11/25/09 10:35 PM Re: Where is OS4
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Firstly, can I say that I never would have wanted anyone to think that I was knocking the Korg products for sound and some fantastic features, they certainly have that. My gripe is that it took some time before the factory would even give creedence to the faulty leds and boards that were installed in models, you say "irish acts" these are only early models, i think there is still some conjecture in forums as to whether that may be the case.
I felt uncomfortable in live situ with the board and the worry was that it would freeze and fail at gigs when i could least afford it, so thats why I sold the pa2x, and i'm probably sure that it will be a good servant to its buyer, after the intevention by Music Link Australia to fix the ailing parts, I just wonder I hope that the ongoing probs in the factory have really been corrected and the next release will have a more stable outcome.

The Oasys, the best sounding $15k Synth ever made, no doubt about it, I sold mine for $6k 88 noter, almost cried, but as I said so anoyed that Korg really led us up the garden path with the "this is the one to end them all" promotions and speech, and I know that if Gerry and Dan at Korg could have prevailed over the Japanese heads of the company, this may have turned out differently.

On to Audya, I think I said kick ass drums and bass with the SD3/SD5 but Audya at $10k Aus is way too high, I learnt my lesson with the Oasys never again, and as I said the costing of the Tyros 3 and the Fantom G7 at less than the Audya, is going to make it an awfull hard sell, even at a perfect release. So what I hope and I'm sorry to say, particulary for those who have parted with cash, is that Audya will be at some stage be Audya2 perfected, a price to match or even not so far away from its competitors, and then i'm in town!!!

#276309 - 11/26/09 12:38 AM Re: Where is OS4
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Did the Audya come with all the features that it said it had in the manual?
No: then it is a work in progress
Yes: then it is the finished product, and any updates and features added later are just a bonus

Did it have bugs at launch?
No; Then it is a finished product
Yes: then some work is still needed, however once all the first bugs are cured then it becomes a complete instrument.

Question for Audya owners
What are the answers to the above questions, as this will confirm whether it is a finished product or not.

Bill

#276310 - 11/26/09 09:49 AM Re: Where is OS4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Did the Audya come with all the features that it said it had in the manual?
No: then it is a work in progress
Yes: then it is the finished product, and any updates and features added later are just a bonus

Did it have bugs at launch?
No; Then it is a finished product
Yes: then some work is still needed, however once all the first bugs are cured then it becomes a complete instrument.

Question for Audya owners
What are the answers to the above questions, as this will confirm whether it is a finished product or not.

Bill

Abacus,

What is it when you have had the KB for a few months and then you find a bug, work in progress, bollock, or finished article. Who says it's finished surley not Ketron, must be the users, if you have not had any bugs for the last 4 yrs it's a finished product
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#276311 - 11/26/09 10:28 AM Re: Where is OS4
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
..if you have not had any bugs for the last 4 yrs it's a finished product

And probably discontinued as well ....
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#276312 - 11/26/09 10:45 AM Re: Where is OS4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
And probably discontinued as well ....

Jonny this is the 2nd thread I have started that's gone into 6 pages.You have help with your input, when are you going to buy that Audya.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 22 of 42 < 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 41 42 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online