Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 21 of 42 < 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 41 42 >
Topic Options
#276293 - 11/25/09 10:40 AM Re: Where is OS4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Ian,

i and many other musicians have heard an AUDYA side by side with a TYROS3 at a gig through a REAL soundsystem

and let me tell you NIGHT and DAY
the AUDYA "punched" the crap out of the TYROS3

and thats not just MY opinion BUT, all other musicians present, 10 in total to be exact

have you A/B'd these 2 in a REAL LIVE situation through a REAL soundsystem,
(not listening to demos on headphones, or through a logitech sound system)

if not, you should, and i KNOW you too would embrace the AUDYA :-)

I wouldn't want to embrace anything that cost me £4200.00 and is likely to blow up or stop work, like making love to a women with no pulse!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#276294 - 11/25/09 10:42 AM Re: Where is OS4
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
It still appears to be a work in progress.

with OS1 it was a work in progress
with OS2 it was a better work in progress
with OS3 it was a great work in progress
with OS4 it'll be an awesome work in progress

and you know what i hope the progress never ends,

just because other manufacturers end the OS updates, does not mean it's a complete and finished work. there's always more to add, and unfortuntely most others stop the progress :-)

i hope the AUDYA goes to OS 5,6,7,8...

let this "work of progress continue....."

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 11-25-2009).]

#276295 - 11/25/09 11:01 AM Re: Where is OS4
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
I wouldn't want to embrace anything that cost me £4200.00 and is likely to blow up or stop work, like making love to a women with no pulse!

Don't knock it ..till you try it...

#276296 - 11/25/09 11:02 AM Re: Where is OS4
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:

Don't knock it ..till you try it...

Once should be enough...

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 11-25-2009).]

#276297 - 11/25/09 11:14 AM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
and you know what i hope the progress never ends,

Yes I hope the Audya updates continue...and, I hope it stays in production long enough to clear up the problems.

When are you getting yours?

Ian

#276298 - 11/25/09 11:23 AM Re: Where is OS4
leezone Offline

i'll get mine when the progress yields the AUDYA2 or the AUDYA2 module with 1TB HD and 2GB RAM :-)

#276299 - 11/25/09 11:51 AM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Since it was released without many major systems and that they are only getting added when Ketron get around to it.

Maybe they should charge only half the price since it's only half a keyboard. You can pay them the other half the 5 Grand when they get it to the point where it has the same basic functions as any other arranger on release date.

#276300 - 11/25/09 01:12 PM Re: Where is OS4
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
You make no real attempt to even describe the problem yet you will put the effort into moaning about it rather than getting help. Like what are you saying here... Your keyboard is faulty and KORG won't help you ?. Is that it ?

at least put in the effort to explain yourself properly and you will get the right advice.

Gee that kinda sounds like another fellow I know, but he complains about a different manufacture.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 11-25-2009).]

#276301 - 11/25/09 01:24 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
i'll get mine when the progress yields the AUDYA2 or the AUDYA2 module with 1TB HD and 2GB RAM :-)

I see...sort of a retirement gift for yourself.

Thankfully you have the G-70...it's robust enough to last until then.

Ian

#276302 - 11/25/09 02:43 PM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Saying that Yamaha has "ignored customers" is a false statement...and this comes from you, you who always say everything should be based on the facts....hah! What a joke!

Tyros1/2/3 users (and PSR2K/3K/S900/S910 users) have been incredibly supported by Yamaha...you should read Yamaha forums and get your facts straight before you go spouting off with your so called "facts".

Most of us here have only been able to get facts about the Audya through what has been posted by users, so whatever was said by these people, about the Audya's faults, bugs, and present state of operation is what we have to go on and, thankfully AJ has finally cleared things up for all concerned...including you, my Genesys playing friend.

But to claim that Yamaha does not support it's present customers, with absolutely no proof at all is seriously putting your integrity at it's lowest level...lower than snake's bellybutton in a wagon rut.

Go read the forums and then come back with some actual knowledge about this subject...don't waste forum space with things you obviously know nothing about.

And again, don't bother bringing up the PSR-9000 Pro...that is so old and so obviously desperate of you...that was 10 years ago, and bears no relevance to what we are discussing here in the present...nor should you bring up Korg's LED issues, or the G-70's poor OS when introduced....all these companies have learned from their mistakes, and have moved on with improved support.

Your company deserted you, and you are left with an instrument without factory support...please don't take your anger and frustration out on decent companies like Roland, Yamaha and Korg, that are continually improving and implementing great customer support and working to keep their products problem free ....even Audya is doing pretty good in that department.

Please, do us and yourself a favour and deal with things that are actually happening, or that might happen in the future....the past is a canceled cheque, and nothing can be done about it...except to learn from it.

Let's hope Ketron learns from this issue, and hopefully before it causes serious damage to it's good name and reputation.

Ian

If this is the way you are trying to rebuild your credibility as a clinician, its not working.

It is very ironic that you accused me of assuming too much but that is the exact thing that you are doing.

Saying the Yamaha has ignored customers was referring to those who want a 76 key arranger. It was in no way referring to the Yamaha 9000 pro.
As a Yamaha customer using the xs, I and others would like a 76 key MOTL or TOTL arranger. There are other Yamaha customers who have 61 key keyboards that want a 76 keyboard. As you have pointed out many time Yamaha is not interested in that market.
So that is where Ketron and the Audya comes in.

But I take it you went on this rant because you were caught in willfully spreading assumptions and incorrect statements regarding the Audya. Before AJ told things in more detail, an actual Audya user gave us some information about style editing on the Audya, but you chose not to believe it an continued to spread your misrepresentations and erroneous information about the Audya.
It is now beginning to ruin your credibility as an independent arranger clinician (if that ever existed). With your most recent post on the Audya has exposed even more that you are here to promote Yamaha.

You were talking about the Audya (an arranger you have never tried), stating untruths like the Audya is a work in progress and insinuating that Ketron will be soon out of business.
These statements are significant coming from you because the Audya and Ketron are Yamaha arrangers competitors; Yamaha a company you use and get paid from.

So if you are bashing a keyboard you have never played while working for its competitor, how can any one take you seriously?

And I don’t believe that Korg, Roland and Yamaha have really learned from any thing. Putting out upgrades and bugs fixes is the name of the game in this business.

Korg had some issues when the PA2x pro first came out. Did they “learn”. No. They came out with OS 2.0 which IMO should have been there from the very first release of the PA 2x pro.

Roland had some issues with the G70 but did they “learn” from it? No. They made the GW8 but had an update to include style editing which IMO should have been there from the very beginning.

Yamaha had some issues with the 9000 pro. Did they “learn” from it? No. they came out with the PSR S900. They then made a PSR S910 which IMO, the PSR S900 should have been.

Gem had some issues with the SK 760. Did they learn from it? No. They came out with the Genesys. They then released the Genesys S which IMO the first Genesys should have been.

Ian the Ironic, I wish you the best in trying to rebuild your credibility and trying to persuade persons to start taking you seriously.

Page 21 of 42 < 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 41 42 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online