SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 20 of 42 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 41 42 >
Topic Options
#276283 - 11/25/09 05:56 AM Re: Where is OS4
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Zuki...I agree Your "Problems" are not silly!...That's a poor remark for someone to make when they are not the one's having to deal with it...
Even though the Korg arrangers are wonderful, they are not with their problems..Many complaints about the button quality on their keyboards...PLUS the LED Issue is far from over...There should have been a recall from the beginning...Problems even still after the replacement boards...Go to the Korg forum and research it...Alot of people had to fight to have the Issues fixed!...The BAD thing about it all...How could anyone even consider buying a pre-owned PA2X?...The cost is really high to have the two boards replaced!...I personally would Not consider one even though the Keyboard with all it has to offer would be on My wish list...Hopefully Korg takes care of these Issues on the next Model Replacement...We have to be carefull not to BASH one Keyboard and Fully Praise a Imperfective another...I respect Your response Zuki...I know The PA800 Does a Great job for You in Your Music Endeavors...Just My two cents...Harold

#276284 - 11/25/09 07:44 AM Re: Where is OS4
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi MC.

How did you jump to the conclusion that you believe I only think Ketron make one keyboard ?

I don't even understand what your point is as the problems I'm referring surrounding AJ's 12:1 only surfaced when the Audya was announced by Ketron.

I have the memory of an elephant, and this is the second time I will say this. The problems surrounding the Audya have nothing to do with AJ. It's all ketron's fault.

Be it miss information, or the lack of systems included with the keyboard upon it's launch. None of this has anything to do with AJ.

Regards
James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 11-24-2009).]

Aj is an engineer for Ketron. He helps with design plus implementing ideas and features.

He is as close to being a guru as you can get. I am certaion he knows every code on every Ketron product and created some as well.

#276285 - 11/25/09 07:48 AM Re: Where is OS4
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Once most, if not all of the actual bugs (not just user errors or gripes Are corrected Audya could be an arranger that could give Yamaha a run for its money especially for those customers who Yamaha ignored.

i find the above FUNNY as hell

the AUDYA's styles smoke YAMAHA's hands down
unless of course you like you styles sounding thin, metallic, and midilike,

personally i prefer my arranger to sound like a band with real musicians

#276286 - 11/25/09 08:15 AM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:

i find the above FUNNY as hell

the AUDYA's styles smoke YAMAHA's hands down
unless of course you like you styles sounding thin, metallic, and midilike,

personally i prefer my arranger to sound like a band with real musicians

Now that's strange, Lee...I find your comments rather inaccurate.

Yamaha styles are compressed, even, and natural sounding, and are preferred by those of us who like a "finished" and high quality sound.

You may prefer the Audya's alleged "live" sound, but maybe you don't play many complex chords...the Audya's necessary workaround using an audio and midi mixture of the guitar parts, in order to get around complex chords, might not matter much to you...or may be it would?

Have you actually tried one? Played some complex chords?

I like an arranger that reads all the chords, and produces a cohesive, even, and detailed sound that seems to be the preference of pros and home users alike....Yamaha fulfills that promise.

So do Roland and Korg.

But to each his own...there will be those who will prefer the Audya's rather curious way of interpreting guitar chords,

With the Tyros3 and PSR-S910, Yamaha has moved ahead even further, with their implementation of a new Guitar Mode in their styles...pretty awesome.

Roland and Korg, also do neat tricks with guitar parts...and, all these instruments, like the Yamaha, are fully working production models....the Audya...mmmm...not so much

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-25-2009).]

#276287 - 11/25/09 09:04 AM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

The Audya's audio/midi guitar parts are like needing two guitar players in your "band"...one that plays the simple chords, and the other to add the notes to make them complex....using a guitar that sounds almost the same.

Great "band", eh?

#276288 - 11/25/09 09:05 AM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Aj is an engineer for Ketron. He helps with design plus implementing ideas and features.

I think you guys are intentionally not reading anything posted here. How come I can say one thing and then you guys see the complete opposite. Just was well we are communicating by text because anyone can go back and read what was really said.

As for AJ being an engineer, I didn't say he wasn't. I never said either way actually.

Quote:
He is as close to being a guru as you can get.

Again....I never said he wasn't nor have I disagreed with anyone on that either.

Quote:
I am certaion he knows every code on every Ketron product and created some as well.

I'm not prepared to discuss that because I see no point in publicly pulling is real position in Ketron apart on the forum. The fight is not with AJ, it's with Ketron and their behaviour.

If you have any respect for AJ, you will drop the discussion about him. The issues at hand have NOTHING to do with him.

Regards
James

#276289 - 11/25/09 09:21 AM Re: Where is OS4
leezone Offline

Ian,

i and many other musicians have heard an AUDYA side by side with a TYROS3 at a gig through a REAL soundsystem

and let me tell you NIGHT and DAY
the AUDYA "punched" the crap out of the TYROS3

and thats not just MY opinion BUT, all other musicians present, 10 in total to be exact

have you A/B'd these 2 in a REAL LIVE situation through a REAL soundsystem,
(not listening to demos on headphones, or through a logitech sound system)

if not, you should, and i KNOW you too would embrace the AUDYA :-)

#276290 - 11/25/09 09:28 AM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
The yellow streak is PERMANENT. It has nothing to do with the contrast, believe me. All other problems are not silly (are you kidding?). They are real and require money to fix, just like anything else. I don't believe anyone, other than a technician, could fix my problem.

This is exactly why when addressing you I mentioned KORG Forums existing for issues like this. You make no real attempt to even describe the problem yet you will put the effort into moaning about it rather than getting help. Like what are you saying here... Your keyboard is faulty and KORG won't help you ?. Is that it ?

The yellow streak, define it, post a photo of it, at least put in the effort to explain yourself properly and you will get the right advice. Do a search for Contrast knob on KORG Forums and you will see just how common that is the solution screen problems. Thats exactly why I suggested this to you.

Are you outside your warranty. These are all the things you need to be saying in order to get help.

Regards
James

#276291 - 11/25/09 09:46 AM Re: Where is OS4
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
" I see no point in publicly pulling is real position in Ketron apart " ..

It's obvious you have a problem with Ketron and you seem to have an opinion that would call in to questions AJ's position with Ketron.

Your even calling into question a forum member can diagnose whether his screen problem is a real problem or not.

#276292 - 11/25/09 09:56 AM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
i KNOW you too would embrace the AUDYA :-)

Certainly more people might embrace it if it was a lot cheaper, it was bug-free, and the issues with the audio/midi guitar chording were resolved.

I'll probably never get to actually play one, as I doubt if any dealers in my region would risk investing in the product, at least as it stands today.

It still appears to be a work in progress.

Ian

Page 20 of 42 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 41 42 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online