SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 11 of 42 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 41 42 >
Topic Options
#276193 - 11/22/09 05:42 PM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Me too, James...I'm going to bow out of this mess...it's not worth the effort, even if we try to make light of it.

I suppose you're not getting an Audya soon?

Ian

OK so now we have gotten rid of the source of the misinformation and distractions we can talk about what do users of the Audya hope to see in OS 4.
So it has all the basic arranger features; bread and butter sounds, great styles, style editing, the innovative feature of more than one audio loop in a style, it could play back midi wave an mp3 files and so on.

I as a none user would like to see an expansion of the style edit feature to include audio loops for none percussive sounds like piano guitar and so on.

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 11-22-2009).]

#276194 - 11/22/09 05:44 PM Re: Where is OS4
miden Offline

Loc: The World
I have to agree with James, style editing is all about actually changing the notes, velocities, "business", chord accomp pockets et al. Changing sounds is merely a MIXER function and as James quite rightly points out this is available on pretty much every keyboard.

Style editing is a far more complex beast than simply altering a timbre.

Perhaps Gensys, you may want to qualify your syntax, before arguing that others are "playing semantics".

What I mean by that is you need to define "style editing" as far as YOUR interpretation goes, and then readers will have a clear idea of exactly what you mean.

Up to now the Audya has a very good mixer function to allow minor modifications to volume levels and timbres, but it does NOT allow style editing. As far as I know, this has been present on ALL Ketron keyboards for some years. Even now, the actual in depth editing is still not available until a release of yet another OS.

And to compare the Audya editing to the Roland G70, well ....that's just plain silly. The G70 has the simplest to use style editing system around, not to mention the most depth in editing, after the PA series.

The PA has far more options available, but the G70 is easier to use, and is not too far behind on what can be done as well

A while ago I suggested this is merely a SD1+ and a Midjay combined into one box. Looking at the parts list,other functions (or lack therein). I see nothing to change that view.

Dennis

#276195 - 11/22/09 05:49 PM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Ian.

Quote:
Me too, James...I'm going to bow out of this mess...it's not worth the effort, even if we try to make light of it.

Never give in mate
People need to learn that it's ok to discuss these things and not suppress the information.

Quote:
I suppose you're not getting an Audya soon?

Nope, no Audya for me regardless of how it turns out in the end. The successor to the Audya will be one I will have my eye on very closely as it will take them to the end of the Audya's life span to fix everything wrong with it.

The next keyboard will be built on all the work that went into the Audya so it will instantly be a far superior concept and by miles more robust on it's release date.

That is also providing that Ketron learn from their mistakes in releasing the Audya in such an unfinished state.

Regards
James

#276196 - 11/22/09 06:09 PM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Another misinformation. The audya style editing does not just include changing sounds.
What a lot of person seem to get confused with is style editing and advance style editing.
Now an actual Audya user can correct me but it does not seem as if the Audya has advance style editing.
But we know it has basic style editing comparable to the make up tools on the G70.

To give an analogy, there is sound editing and advance sound editing.
Korg has sound editing and advance sound editing. But Yamaha T3 as far as I know has basic sound editing.

#276197 - 11/22/09 06:12 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
OK so now we have gotten rid of the source of the misinformation and distractions

Not really, Genny...to accomplish that, we'd have to see the tail end of the "Assumption Fairy"....but, seeing that it is more amusing having you around, than boring old me, I'll sit back, for the time being, and observe, and watch you dig a deeper hole for yourself.

James, I may return later when the fog clears a bit.

Ian

#276198 - 11/22/09 06:22 PM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Not really, Genny...to accomplish that, we'd have to see the tail end of the "Assumption Fairy"....but, seeing that it is more amusing having you around, than boring old me, I'll sit back, for the time being, and observe, and watch you dig a deeper hole for yourself.

Ian

Well in order to prevent James from becoming to the Audya as Diki is to the MS, I will also bow out of this discussion until persons who would like to discuss the Audya based on truth and facts come a long.

#276199 - 11/22/09 06:28 PM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:

Ian
You'll be waiting a long time before that happens. I don't think anyone will get genesys to admit he's wrong and that the Audya doesn't have a Style Edit mode.

When it's listed on the new features list for OS 4.0 by Ketron in a few days, he will still argue it was always included in the keyboard ….lol...

James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 11-22-2009).]

#276200 - 11/22/09 06:59 PM Re: Where is OS4
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
or...

They weren't included because Ketron didn't even have them written at the time.

I happen to know certain information directly from Ketron since many know i was involved with
them, directly from the engineers that are working on Audya THAT some of this features
James mentioned were NOT EVEN WRITTEN at the time of the release of the Audya.
Lets stop being funny, i am embarassed to talk about Audya anymore, thats why you dont
even see me commenting on that, i would be ashamed to compare Audya to an Korg PA500,
forget the higher end. We just talk whatever comes to our mind but very few actually know the
truth or the ones burnt with 5000$ bill by Ketron which they cant do nothing about.
And i dont know who it was, Ian, MC or whoever, i ask too James, i want them to tell me
ONE SINGLE THING that Ketron ever came up with...please enlighten me since i am stupid.

#276201 - 11/22/09 07:01 PM Re: Where is OS4
Nedim Offline

Quote:
Actually, that is a very unhealthy arranger market.

When you have a market that only has and knows 1-1/2 manufacturers then they do not know what is out there and may be suffering from arranger deficiencies.

Then enlighten us what is out there??? All i know of is Korg, Roland, Yamaha, Ketron, MS and Wersi...there was GEM and Technics and they both went belly up...am i missing something???

#276202 - 11/22/09 07:03 PM Re: Where is OS4
Nedim Offline

Quote:
Well in order to prevent James from becoming to the Audya as Diki is to the MS, I will also bow out of this discussion until persons who would like to discuss the Audya based on truth and facts come a long.

I challenge you, lets discussed it on facts, you start first, show me the facts but also
do some research on what a Mixing page is, what a Style Editor is, what a Style
Creator is, what Sampling Editor is e tc...then we discuss:

READY!...

Page 11 of 42 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 41 42 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online