SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#245778 - 10/24/08 02:15 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
One definitely wonders if 'Class' Act (can't even be bothered to get the name right, eh, oh mighty King?) had posted about a Ketron, or Roland, whether the outrage over it would have even occurred to these dear, sweet people.

No... attacking (or criticizing, as it is known in less ignorant surroundings) someone's arranger is not a problem to these kindhearted, shining examples of American values. Only criticizing THEIRS...

Pathetic.

Go home and swear at your mothers. Presumably, she deserves it too. After all, you're just 'keeping it real', eh?

And I have met so many in the music business who are in positions few of you could even dream about. And not one of them were as rude, and unapologetic as you are. Perhaps there's a connection?

#245779 - 10/24/08 02:58 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Stop this nonsense. Its got nothing to do with whether 'Class act" critiques a wersi, ketron or yamaha or casio. It has to do with the very suspicious circumstances of the posting. When class act posted in August and simply said hi he/she got several responses and was warmly welcomed and invited to introduce himself/herself to the forum but strangely said nothing. Never responded to those welcomes.Then pops up 2 months later with a posting that was bound to cause some critiscism on the most obviously ill judged "purchase" (on the face of the limited information given) of the T3 or any other high end musical instrument that cost as much as a small car !! If he/she had said that the sound had disappointed them because it wasnt as good as the hype from yamaha marketing suggseted then i might just about understand although the online demos would have given any ordinary person some idea of the quality of sound.If it was amatter ofpersonal taste in sound this would have been very evident from the online demos that were around weeks before the T3 was launcghed. and the Demos of the T2 that were online years before that sounded very similar to the T3. Neither of them sound anything like the P{SR8000 at all !! But to say that the PSR8000 sounded better than the T3 is simply incredulous. I shouldnt have said that he/she was stupid but her/his account of the decision to buy a $3000 + dollar instrument that she had obviously not researched , not listned to a demo or read a manual was a stupid one if his/her story is true.

If there is a 'Mr Spencer" on the forum just come forward and say you know Class Act and all this bickering can stop. I will publically apologise and we can get on with the usual stuff. You dont have to say anything else. But forgive me if i check when you register on this forum....

If Class Act wants to come and share or contribute , comment or lurk on the forum noone is stopping her. And if i have completely misjudged her/him then come and introduce yourself class act and lets swop tips on the PSR8000 i still have mine. Maybe i can help you get deeper into that instrument so the transition to the T1 or T2 which is at bargain prices right now might be less of a jump. Even if you choose to stick with the psr8000 we could still chat about why it was/is such a great instrument. What do you say ?

#245780 - 10/24/08 03:05 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
If there is a 'Mr Spencer" on the forum just come forward and say you know Class Act and all this bickering can stop. I will publically apologise and we can get on with the usual stuff. You dont have to say anything else. But forgive me if i check when you register on this forum....

Mmmm...I think Nigel's last name is Spencer, isn't it?

#245781 - 10/24/08 03:20 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
spalding1968 Offline

Then Nigel should have no problem verifying that class act is in fact an individual he knows. I have no problem in apologising to anyone. Its not a big deal to me. Grown men dont run off crying if they make an ass of themselves. They do waht it takes to put things right . I am not running anywhere.

#245782 - 10/24/08 06:02 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Chased another one away.............Way to go!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr -charley

#245783 - 10/24/08 09:01 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by rattley:
Chased another one away.............Way to go!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr -charley

Nah! I think she'll be back. Based purely on the "moxy" she showed by coming back on to make a subsequent post, even though she was smashed (unfairly and unkindly) at the start.

Shows good "ticker"..

Dennis

#245784 - 10/24/08 09:53 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Pacesetter:
As an in frequent poster and mostly a lurker, I have to throw in my 2 cents. Diki you come across like one arrogant frustrated old man, who probably is very disappointed in himself where he wound up in the music business. You need to tone it down quite a bit. You are always on a soapbox. And I'm out of here too...........

You see the problem in asking for a little common courtesy (not as common as one would like) and getting a response like this..?

If I respond in kind, and tell the poster what a prick they are, I sound like I've simply given up and dropped to their level. If I don't tell them what an asshole they sound like themselves, they somehow get the impression that I really don't mind being called an arrogant, frustrated old man

What's a boy to do?

#245785 - 10/24/08 11:41 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
spalding1968 Offline

"Nah! I think she'll be back. Based purely on the "moxy" she showed by coming back on to make a subsequent post, even though she was smashed (unfairly and unkindly) at the start"

No one was chased off. If she /he is genuine then she/he will be back and will tell us a little bit about herself and her instrument like most people here do and not hit and run. Its not difficult and i am sure i am not the only person on here that is suspicious of her posting but would be willing to welcome her warmly as was done the first time she posted (and did not respond). But i call it as i see it. Her posts dont smell right to me. If i am wrong then let her come back , lets talk about our instruments and we go from there....but i wont apologise unreservedly to someone who's credibility is to me so suspect and i will take whatever flak anyone wants to post. If ' Mr spencer' wont speak up for Class Act then please let her father who "is a regular on synthzone" come and say something in favour of your daughter. I am happy to squash this and apologise to both you and your daughter. Please just come forward and settle the matter for me. And then as far as i am concerned the matter is finished.

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 10-24-2008).]

#245786 - 10/24/08 11:54 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:

And I have met so many in the music business who are in positions few of you could even dream about. And not one of them were as rude, and unapologetic as you are. Perhaps there's a connection?[/B]

Apparently you have not met Gene Simmons....But I digress.

Perhaps that's exactly your problem (as was stated by Pacesetter who nailed it),

You met people in the "biz" we could only dream about (as if we all share in your dreams) but alas never yourself became the "it" guy someone else could say THEY met and brag about it.....

I get it now. I understand your bitterness,and desperate need for credibility. And your vitriolic response when challenged.

All those wasted chops, likely stemming from probable strict early classical education, years of painful Hanon, with dreams of largess......... only to end up playing an Arranger keyboard in all it's glory singing and playing for a room full of drinking fools,singing for your supper with the remnants of your pride held together by a thread of self respect....and perhaps even being called now and then to help another wannabee who might actually look up to you with your vast knowledge and skill set but yet unrealized dream.

A Person doesn't even need a license to understand your frustration. I think you deserve my Moniker more than I.

Perhaps you should cut off an ear......

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-25-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#245787 - 10/25/08 01:05 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Apparently you have not met Gene Simmons....But I digress.

Perhaps that's exactly your problem (as was stated by Pacesetter who nailed it),

You met people in the "biz" we could only dream about (as if we all share in your dreams) but alas never yourself became the "it" guy someone else could say THEY met and brag about it.....

I get it now. I understand your bitterness,and desperate need for credibility. And your vitriolic response when challenged.

All those wasted chops, likely stemming from probable strict early classical education, years of painful Hanon, with dreams of largess......... only to end up playing an Arranger keyboard in all it's glory singing and playing for a room full of drinking fools,singing for your supper with the remnants of your pride held together by a thread of self respect....and perhaps even being called now and then to help another wannabee who might actually look up to you with your vast knowledge and skill set but yet unrealized dream.

A Person doesn't even need a license to understand your frustration. I think you deserve my Moniker more than I.

Perhaps you should cut off an ear......

And you honestly think this post makes you seem LESS of a sanctimonious old fart?

I am amazed

Hey, Nigel... can I take the gloves off yet?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-25-2008).]

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online