Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#245758 - 10/23/08 11:46 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Class Act:

The Tyros is too much keyboard for me, I am a keyboard hobbyist, and my old keyboard is more then adequate for my needs..

Well, my dear, you seem very young but I must congratulate you for your wisdom...

#245759 - 10/23/08 12:28 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
From what I've heard posted, there are more than a few here with 'more keyboard than they need'

My advice would be to stick with what you are comfortable with, and spend your valuable time actually PLAYING and practicing. That will make you sound a whole lot better than a new T3...

#245760 - 10/23/08 12:45 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
It's what you PLAY on it that should get that....

Ah, but that would involve some of you actually POSTING your music, rather than your vitriolic opinions. The latter seems altogether easier, doesn't it

I may very well have missed it (seriously) but is there a website or links of some of your work?

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#245761 - 10/23/08 01:20 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Diki Offline

Most of what I have on the web (other than studio work) is up at Roland-Arranger.com in the Renditions forum.

There's a total of seven pieces up (most are on page 2)

Have at it!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-23-2008).]

#245762 - 10/23/08 03:03 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi
nice to see you back.
Sometimes some of the guys can sound like they're bullies, they'e not, usually they're more than willing to give a helping hand.
If you luv yor PSR8000, stick with it. It's not worth spending $1,000's on a new T3 if it doesn't suit your needs. Regrettably you lost money in the process. No doubt a number of us have lost money on incorrect choices. ( I've still got one of mine, great keyboard, doesn't suit my needs).

Also we've got a couple of things in common.
Female & hobbyist.
Welcome back.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Class Act:
Hello again, sorry to exit in a huff..

My Father is a regular on Synth Zone, and said not to worry about comments...though they may sound personal, no harm is intended..

Yes I am a she..

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#245763 - 10/23/08 03:57 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Thanks for giving those of us here with no 'couth' a second chance, Class Act.

Now, perhaps some of us have an opportunity to behave as well as you are named...

And to the general membership here...

Look, guys (because that's primarily who it is), do you want to spend the rest of your days endlessly repeating the same claptrap amongst yourselves, or would you like some fresh ideas, opinions and diversity around here? The way you treat newcomers will determine that...

This is not the Tyros clubhouse. If you want to exist in a world of unremitting back-slapping and self-congratulation, well, even if you don't want to leave SZ altogether, there's a Yamaha Arranger forum here, where you can go and pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist

Otherwise, show the respect to others that you would like shown to you... And DON'T confuse lack of respect for your particular arranger as lack of respect for YOU. Personally, I don't think the choice of arranger you pick even DESERVES any respect...

It's what you PLAY on it that should get that....

Ah, but that would involve some of you actually POSTING your music, rather than your vitriolic opinions. The latter seems altogether easier, doesn't it

Diki You really need to lighten up...You take yourself far far too seriously.

You are going to bust a vessel demanding we all become just like you.
some of us enjoy being mean, sucking at the keyboard, rah rah Yamaha. Let us have our joy as you have yours which seems to be constantly "correcting" everyone.

Its only music. Some great schooled players out out crap. Some crappy self taught players put put good music.

You really don't need to play Daddy...or forum cop.

Someone posts a Subject "Dissapointed with the Tyros 3" then runs deserves some heat and got it. You seem to have more of a problem with Yamaha than anyone...Just get one and be done with it,.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-23-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#245764 - 10/23/08 04:29 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Class Act i posted the original comments on your thread that has caused all the fuss. I made the remarks that i did because of the lack of posts from you and the very little detail that you gave about yourself in august this year and your lack of replies to that thread. When discussions were occuring about the launch of the T3 on this board i never saw any posts from you. When members swere debating the potential benefits of upgradeing to the T3 i never saw any posts from you.

Then suddenly you appear not only having purchase a T3 but having returned it before (as it were) you had taken the wrapper off it made me very suspicious. Then your dismissive account of your 6 day trial period with a very expensive and complex machine with comments like the 'psr8000 sounded better' made me believe immediatly that this was a bogus posting. As much as sound is subjective i found it hard to believe (and still do) that someone with good ears cannot tell he huge improvement in sound the T1,T2 and now T3 has over the PSR8000. The online demos have been available for weeks before the product went on sale and despite the arguments that you have to hear the instrument live i find it incredible that anyone can not tell the obvious improvement in sound that the T1,T2 and T3 has over the PSR8000. The operating systems are not that different along the PSR/Tyros range relative to the existing functions on the PSR8000 (which i still have) and so for you to comment that the PSR8000 was easier to use having had personal experience of both the PSR8000 and Tyros range sounded incredible to me. Added to this the fact that you took nearly $600 loss just for a 6 day trial ?????? I am sorry if i insulted your intelligence.I hope its not a mistake you will make too often. Many people on other forums come just to create trouble and misrepresent just for the hell of it. I get upset by people with only bad intentions on their minds and i overeacted.

If i am honest (and i am) i still am suspicious of you. But if i am wrong i apologise. Stick around and tell us about yourself and your music and your PSR8000. You dont have to prove anything to me and we dont have to be friends. But it would be nice if we could start a fresh and get to know each other.

#245765 - 10/23/08 04:30 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
What an amazing novel! First everyone was annoyed, then I felt pity to see how rude we´ve been to this nice new member of the forum, now everybody´s fighting again. Wow! Top story of the day for me! (apart from the worlwide financial crisis of course )

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#245766 - 10/23/08 06:34 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Diki Offline

Kingfrog, you disappoint me...

Maybe if it was YOUR daughter being called a troll, and generally abused by the 'Yamaha bullies' on this forum, you might have a different opinion, but apparently, no offensive or abusive posting disturbs you in the least (unless, of course, it's a contrary opinion to YOURS ).

Sadly, maybe predictably, I think it is YOU that needs to take this MORE seriously. But then again, one can hardly expect anyone from the great USA to actually come out against rudeness and abusive language... Where would your culture be without them?

The difficulty most of you have with expressing yourself without outright rudeness is a result of what? Lack of education, lack of class, or just plain lack of caring?

I am tempted to say all of the above. Prove me wrong.

Get your daughters and grandkids to read your posts here, sometimes. Still feeling cocky?

I cannot, will not, don't expect to be able to police this forum, nor would want that onerous task in the slightest. But threads like this at least demonstrate that, without SOME form of collective self-censorship, it devolves into what we all saw here. A pack of schoolyard bullies, ganging up on a newcomer expressing an opinion about an arranger. And, you know what...? Were she NOT a 'she', I don't think one of you would have made the slightest retraction.

Pretty welcoming, wouldn't you say?

#245767 - 10/23/08 06:53 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Class Act Offline

Is this a normal day here?
I am sorry I caused a problem..I think it is best if I am excused. Thank you.

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online