SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#255416 - 02/01/09 09:54 AM Questions about Yamaha L-7S Tyros stand
Lee7 Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ, USA
I hate to bother everyone with this, but it is impossible to find one of these to look at here in Phoenix. None of the online sites that sell them list dimensions and I couldn't even find the height on the Yamaha site.

I tried doing searches here but "tyros stand" returned every post with the word Tyros in it and just "stand" returned every post with stand in it including the words understand and withstanding.

First of all, this looks like a sturdy stand. Is it?

Second, it does not appear to be adjustable for height so how high is it? If you have one of these stands with a Tyros 3 on it and could tell me how high the tops of the white keys are from the floor that's all I need. If you have one with another model on it and could tell me how high the bottom of the keyboard is off the floor, that would do it too.

Thanks,
Lee

#255417 - 02/01/09 09:59 AM Re: Questions about Yamaha L-7S Tyros stand
Dnj Offline

Take a good look at the Roland V stand with Mic Boom ....
http://www.roland.com/products/en/V-Stand/index.html

Super versatile, Sturdy, quality build, transportable

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-01-2009).]

#255418 - 02/01/09 12:43 PM Re: Questions about Yamaha L-7S Tyros stand
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Yamaha stand is sturdy enough, but it's designed for the corner of a room, not life on the road.

The Roland V-stand is just as sturdy, but more versatile, and sets up and breaks down in seconds. Takes up no space when folded either. V for Very Clever. Recommended.

#255419 - 02/01/09 12:56 PM Re: Questions about Yamaha L-7S Tyros stand
Lee7 Offline

Thanks. I'll take a look at the V Stand. I can probably find one of those at Sam Ash or Guitar Center to look at in person. This will be in a room and never move so I'm not real concerned about that aspect, but I am a bit concerned that either I'll swap the Tyros for another brand some day or the Tyros 5 will come out and I won't be able to resist it and it won't fit on the $200 Yamaha stand.

#255420 - 02/01/09 01:00 PM Re: Questions about Yamaha L-7S Tyros stand
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee7:
Thanks. I'll take a look at the V Stand. I can probably find one of those at Sam Ash or Guitar Center to look at in person. This will be in a room and never move so I'm not real concerned about that aspect, but I am a bit concerned that either I'll swap the Tyros for another brand some day or the Tyros 5 will come out and I won't be able to resist it and it won't fit on the $200 Yamaha stand.

The V stand will accomoadate many units down the road & they also make a second tier, mic boom, & shels also...I love mine.

#255421 - 02/01/09 01:21 PM Re: Questions about Yamaha L-7S Tyros stand
Lee7 Offline

OK. I'm puzzled now. Didn't you post something on Jan 2 in a thread called Double-keyboard stand with a picture of a wooden frame with a Tyros 2 on top and a small keyboard below and the caption "Here's a picture of my twin set setup as promised. It's using a L7 Tyros stand, a tyros 2 and behringer UMX49 housed in a custom biuld wooden framework."

Heres more...
http://www.yamahapkowner.com/forum/index.php?topic=17331.0

I saw that just today and was impressed by the work that must have gone into it (I can't build anything out of wood).

#255422 - 02/07/09 05:53 PM Re: Questions about Yamaha L-7S Tyros stand
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello Lee:

I also live in the Phoenix area, the L7 is not high adjustable, ans is basically a stay home and do not move me stand.
If you want something firm and also provides "foot" room and has the high adjustemts, check the Quiklock Monolith M 91 for one keyboard, and or the M 92 samething but for 2 keyboards, I have a pair of this besides the V stand, I am a musician on the go, I use the M92s ALL the time, I play with the T2 and Korg PA500. The Roland V stand is beautiful, but is heavy and takes time to setup, so, that is my stay home stand.
Good luck.

------------------
mdorantes

#255423 - 02/07/09 06:04 PM Re: Questions about Yamaha L-7S Tyros stand
Lee7 Offline

Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up buying the Yamaha stand after all and am quite happy with it. It is sturdy and a good height for me. Since I don't want to move it anyway, a big solid bolted together stand is perfect.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online