SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#245768 - 10/23/08 07:03 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
ytlevine Offline

When everybody is their normal selves, you never know what can happen here...

[This message has been edited by ytlevine (edited 10-23-2008).]

#245769 - 10/23/08 07:05 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, but this problem existed LONG before you got here.

You were simply the latest in a long line of left-handed welcomes, here.

Please stick around, and say what you have to say. Only now, I guess you realize you don't have to be so polite about it

#245770 - 10/23/08 08:44 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Kingfrog, you disappoint me...

Maybe if it was YOUR daughter being called a troll, and generally abused by the 'Yamaha bullies' on this forum, you might have a different opinion, but apparently, no offensive or abusive posting disturbs you in the least (unless, of course, it's a contrary opinion to YOURS ).

Sadly, maybe predictably, I think it is YOU that needs to take this MORE seriously. But then again, one can hardly expect anyone from the great USA to actually come out against rudeness and abusive language... Where would your culture be without them?

The difficulty most of you have with expressing yourself without outright rudeness is a result of what? Lack of education, lack of class, or just plain lack of caring?

I am tempted to say all of the above. Prove me wrong.

Get your daughters and grandkids to read your posts here, sometimes. Still feeling cocky?

I cannot, will not, don't expect to be able to police this forum, nor would want that onerous task in the slightest. But threads like this at least demonstrate that, without SOME form of collective self-censorship, it devolves into what we all saw here. A pack of schoolyard bullies, ganging up on a newcomer expressing an opinion about an arranger. And, you know what...? Were she NOT a 'she', I don't think one of you would have made the slightest retraction.

Pretty welcoming, wouldn't you say?

And I should care about "disappointing you....why?
I think you actually relish being the forum cop.The self appointed "voice of reason." The "cultural conscience" of the forum.The admonisher of those who cross your sensibilities.

I also think First Act can handle the heat as she proved without your defense, as would my daughters. God Forbid someone calls them a name....on an Internet forum no less.....eeek...I raised them to accept others and not take opinions personally. Something you have yet to learn with you self righteous nose in the air. Here in the US you need to have a thick skin and be give and take criticism. Its not always eloquent or sugar coated. It doesn't have to be

Her gender makes no difference. She hit and ran. I don't blame some for coming on hard.
I'm not making a retraction on that account. In fact I accept her apology...

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-23-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#245771 - 10/23/08 10:41 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, it's obvious you don't give a damn about anyone, or anything...

Exactly the person I would LOVE to have a conversation with

You know, you swim in sh*t long enough, you don't even THINK it smells... Best of luck in a face to face with me. In fact, best of luck in a face to face with ANYBODY. You bring that attitude, you're going to get painted 'a$$hole' every time.

I simply don't understand why on a forum, you can say something with a clean conscience that you would NEVER say to their face...

Are you a 'coward' in real life, and an 'a$$hole' in print..?

Or both?

I guarantee, face to face with Class Act (such an out of place name in this joint!), not ONE of you would have been so rude and obnoxious. Hide behind your 'monickers'. Pretend that class and politeness don't matter any more.

You KNOW it isn't true...

All I've been trying to say is that, once you KNOW someone here, then maybe (although this forum often takes stuff extremely personally, considering we are supposed to be talking about a damn MACHINE for Pete's sake!) then is the time to get all up in their grill

But newcomers deserve the benefit of the doubt, they are the lifeblood of this community. They are supposed to be welcomed with open arms, or at least something less than outright hostility. I'm sorry, but I think, on the whole, the forum agrees with me, here (they certainly all chime in when they don't!). Retractions abound, etc., etc..

Only you somehow seem to think that Class Act actually DESERVED her introduction here. Nice. Very nice. I get the warm fuzzies just thinking about it. Can't wait to introduce you to my mother...

There's certainly only one Class Act on this thread... (and it ain't me!)

#245772 - 10/23/08 10:54 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Well, it's obvious you don't give a damn about anyone, or anything...

Exactly the person I would LOVE to have a conversation with

Then THAT's where you should have stopped......ya think?

And believe this ANYTHING I would say on a forum I would say to one's face....and have. You are just a little too ...sensitive?
All those cute little smiles and stuff...Hell even First Act showed more strength then you . Whining about everyone's "introduction".

You DO impress me though...I've never met such a small mind inside such a big head before

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-23-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#245773 - 10/24/08 02:28 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Pacesetter Offline

As an in frequent poster and mostly a lurker, I have to throw in my 2 cents. Diki you come across like one arrogant frustrated old man, who probably is very disappointed in himself where he wound up in the music business. You need to tone it down quite a bit. You are always on a soapbox. And I'm out of here too...........

#245774 - 10/24/08 02:58 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
to the genesys Offline

Well Diki its just a reflection of how our society is going where manors, being considerate and just general civilization is being rejected. When you have people on a public internet forum who basically are rood and are insulting and respond like general a**** just because they do not agree with someone else’s opinion about the sound and use of a keyboard, and those people make no apologies about it, society is in bad shape. It says a lot about their upbringing and lack of respect of general societal norms. Especially when those people public and openly defend and actually support that behavior. They even go as far to say others must accept them being rood and in a sense be like them.
IMO that is what is most disturbing about the situation is that people know their behavior is wrong and unacceptable but still choose to defend and try to convince the regular civilized society that their wrong behavior should be accepted as right.
Society today just does not know or refuses to accept behavior that is polite.
If I were to sum it all up in one word, it would be intolerance.

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 10-24-2008).]

#245775 - 10/24/08 05:04 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Let me add to this discussion,

I have Tyros 3s, PA2xpro, SD5, SD1+, Midjays, in-stock

Thank You

Frank www.audioworksct.com

#245776 - 10/24/08 05:17 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
Let me add to this discussion,

I have Tyros 3s, PA2xpro, SD5, SD1+, Midjays, in-stock

Thank You

Frank www.audioworksct.com

OK: send two of each to my address.

#245777 - 10/24/08 05:44 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
WOW! Well here's another topic that went down the crap-shoot.., and fast too.

ClassAct.., Sorry your post ended up where it is now. I would hope the few ignorant bullies here don't stop you from posting.

Bottom line.., you bought the T3.., didn't like it.., and stayed with your PSR-8000. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. That was YOUR choice. You don't have to explain yourself to ANYONE on this forum and don't let these guys bully you. Sadly there are some here that from the moment someone says ANYTHING negative about a keyboard they will be in your face expecting a 10 page report on why you made your decision.

You already explained it. Your explanation was simple and sweet too. You essentially said the board was too much for you CASE CLOSED. Hell.., that's about as honest as you can get..., and so many of these bullies here have too much pride to admit that themselves!

This forum can be a very cool place to post, and it can also be a rough place at times. Some here feel they need to constantly defend the makers of the keyboard THEY chose and from the moment someone says anything negative about the maker they will hound you with ignorant posts.

Enjoy your PSR-8000 Music isn't about always having the latest and greatest gear. It's the skill of the player that makes the board sing.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online