SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >
Topic Options
#245748 - 10/23/08 08:47 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The PSR800 was one of the best arrangers Yamaha ever made. The vocal harmonizer was BETTER than the one they have now, at least it sounded better to me.
It only had 2 variations per style, but it was way ahead of everything else on the market at the time. I kept going back to it after I had 740 and then again after the 9000. Many of the sounds are still on the current Yamahas.
You can move the style locations around on it, and it had that really neat Swing feature that allowed you to easily change all the styles and save both versions.
It was probably a matter of his being very comfortable with it, and the T3 being in need of extensive setup and editing. I can relate and understand. I can't see any reason to attack a person personally and question his intelligence or judgment in this case, or any other case actually.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 10-23-2008).]

#245749 - 10/23/08 09:24 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Class Act Offline

Hello again, sorry to exit in a huff..

My Father is a regular on Synth Zone, and said not to worry about comments...though they may sound personal, no harm is intended..

Yes I am a she..

#245750 - 10/23/08 09:42 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Welcome back!

#245751 - 10/23/08 09:47 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
'bout time we had another lady here!
DonM

#245752 - 10/23/08 09:49 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
mr9000 Offline

Not to worry Class Act,here at the pissing grounds,it is never long before another pee war is at hand screaming outwardly all its injustices of mine is better..which reminds me,nothing beats my Psr9000 to date including your 8000!

#245753 - 10/23/08 09:51 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy

Class Act, since you are here again, I hope that you can answer a few -simple- questions:

1- What didn't you like exactly in the Tyros 3?

2- Why did you choose this moniker?

3- And -most important of all- who is your father?

#245754 - 10/23/08 10:22 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Welcome back, CA. That in itself was a classy thing to do. Don't let us crusty old folks get to you. Shoot from the hip and aim straight. Say what you mean and defend it. You'll be surprised how supportive even your worst critics can be at times.

#245755 - 10/23/08 10:37 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Class Act Offline

Okay, an explanation.
The Tyros is too much keyboard for me, I am a keyboard hobbyist, and my old keyboard is more then adequate for my needs..

I am here on my own merits and not my father's...Please Mr Spencer, do not disclose my idenity..Thank you

#245756 - 10/23/08 11:39 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Thanks for giving those of us here with no 'couth' a second chance, Class Act.

Now, perhaps some of us have an opportunity to behave as well as you are named...

And to the general membership here...

Look, guys (because that's primarily who it is), do you want to spend the rest of your days endlessly repeating the same claptrap amongst yourselves, or would you like some fresh ideas, opinions and diversity around here? The way you treat newcomers will determine that...

This is not the Tyros clubhouse. If you want to exist in a world of unremitting back-slapping and self-congratulation, well, even if you don't want to leave SZ altogether, there's a Yamaha Arranger forum here, where you can go and pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist

Otherwise, show the respect to others that you would like shown to you... And DON'T confuse lack of respect for your particular arranger as lack of respect for YOU. Personally, I don't think the choice of arranger you pick even DESERVES any respect...

It's what you PLAY on it that should get that....

Ah, but that would involve some of you actually POSTING your music, rather than your vitriolic opinions. The latter seems altogether easier, doesn't it

#245757 - 10/23/08 11:41 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Class Act, glad to see you back after a little bashing. (that was really only a test, right). Well you more than passed. I know how you feel about a keyboard being to much for you. As a trained organist I went from a Lowrey to a Psr500, back to a Lowrey MX1 than to a Roland G70. One of my first posts (different name, lost password) was this keyboard might be to smart for me. However after shelling out $$$$$ I stuck with it and now 2 years later I kinda got it down with still aways to go. I am mostly a home player but do gig 2-3 times a month at a NH. I think that any new TOTL keyboard is a challenge for any of the people here at first but a little time changes that. You already shelled out the bucks, why not give a it chance. I know that I am really happy I did.
Anyways, welcome and enjoy whatever you play.

ScottC

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online