SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >
Topic Options
#245738 - 10/23/08 01:54 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
15 more keys does make a big difference, when you split the whole keyboard into three different zone, for instance.
and for some piano songs you must have them right there.

too bad the original posts were erased, but i got the feeling the poster was not very diplomatic. i am afraid this also atract harsh answers. put aside the real facts...

#245739 - 10/23/08 02:39 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by adimatis:

too bad the original posts were erased, but i got the feeling the poster was not very diplomatic. i am afraid this also atract harsh answers. put aside the real facts...

Adi,
you can get an idea of the original post from the first reply of Chony: the part quoted doesn't look harsh or non-diplomatic.

#245740 - 10/23/08 03:10 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
mc Offline

Loc: New York
This is the original post:

Originally posted by Class Act:
After 6 days, I have decided to return the Tyros3... It will cost me 15 percent return fee, but I will be happy to get pass this bad purchase of mine..
Thankfully, I did not sell my old faithful keyboard..

I thought the Tyros3 would have been an improved keyboard, but the PSR8000 sounds much better.It is easier to use ..too.

#245741 - 10/23/08 03:24 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I would have liked for him explain his thoughts (good & bad) on the T3. I don't think he was looking for 76 keys, since the psr8000 only has 61 to begin with. But I would have to say even though some of us don't like Yamaha and/or T3. One would expect a hugh improvement between the T3 & the psr8000.

Also factors that we don't know:
Did he purchase it on a whim? Never demoed?
Did other financial responsibilities come up?
Did he not want to take the time to learn the OS on a new keyboard? (I’m sure their probably different).

I'm not sure what's going on with CA, I can see why people would find it a little strange down grading to psr8000.

#245742 - 10/23/08 03:38 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

#245743 - 10/23/08 04:58 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
What's crazy is how the poor guy gets the label of "troll" or a Korg rep. For Pete's sake the guy returned the Tyros 3 to keep the CURRENT YAMAHA he already has. It's not a Yamaha bashing issue at all. He clearly likes Yamaha.

Is there anything wrong with him sticking to his 8000? This is a keyboard he has been using for some time and is very comfortable with. Look how long Fran held on to that G-1000

IMO.., I would have like a little more detail about what he liked and disliked..., but this poor guy got attacked from the gate. He then removes his post.., and the speculation continues. Anyone ever think he removed it because of how harsh some of you were?
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#245744 - 10/23/08 05:31 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Rfinnshw Offline

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
Diki
Thank you for your message/post:
"It's about time some of you started writing as if you were face to face with the poster."

I totally agree with you. Especially since the Poster did not have a track record of bashing a Keyboard maker or model in the past.

Thanks for your message.
Ron [Rfinnshw]

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I'm afraid this thread is the perfect example of why our membership is not exactly growing by leaps and bounds...

Bloody rude, I'm afraid, and NOT to one of the 'regulars' who are kind of used to it. Some of us need to get a grip on our tongues around here! This guy didn't deserve this...

Sure, disagree, but rudeness? Why is that even necessary?

It's about time some of you started writing as if you were face to face with the poster. Because, trust me, call me a 'troll' to my face, and you'll be picking yourself up off the floor!

I keep trying to point out... your arranger isn't your wife or your grandkids. If someone says something you disagree with, why start a fight? Surely we are not so dumb and ignorant you can't refute what they say without personal attack...

Disgusting. Really....

#245745 - 10/23/08 06:07 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Right on! Some of us are elitists whether we want to admit it or not. Unfortunately, bashing the opinions of those who differ from us can be a consequence. I'm sure there are many people out there plaaying PSR 8000, 9000, even 2000 and the lower series and are perfectly happy with the performance of that keyboard. Check eBay and Craigslist and you'll find lots of older keyboards still out there in great working condition.

Class Act, if you're still out there please consider joining in on this. Explain yourself and stand upp for what you believe. You'll be surprised that are as many supporters of your opinions (or at least your right to them) as there are detractors.

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
What's crazy is how the poor guy gets the label of "troll" or a Korg rep. For Pete's sake the guy returned the Tyros 3 to keep the CURRENT YAMAHA he already has. It's not a Yamaha bashing issue at all. He clearly likes Yamaha.

Is there anything wrong with him sticking to his 8000? This is a keyboard he has been using for some time and is very comfortable with. Look how long Fran held on to that G-1000

IMO.., I would have like a little more detail about what he liked and disliked..., but this poor guy got attacked from the gate. He then removes his post.., and the speculation continues. Anyone ever think he removed it because of how harsh some of you were?

#245746 - 10/23/08 06:09 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Dnj Offline

Class act ponited out that the PSR8k was much more easier to operate for him also then the T3.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-23-2008).]

#245747 - 10/23/08 06:17 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I guess the devil you know...

I can understand the allegiance to the PSR-8000 as well...one of Yamaha's best arrangers,,,great in it's day, and still a fine instrument.

I certainly don't think the poster should have been labeled a "Troll"...that's not fair to judge someone so soon.

And maybe he wasn't a "he"...

Ian

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online