SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 26 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26 >
Topic Options
#107617 - 08/22/06 01:44 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I think the cheaper PSR3000's sounds and styles are superior to the g70. On another note remember there is a reason why the Tyros1 is MUCH more expensive than the 3000...plus it has 32mb extra for the sounds...I wish Yamaha would make the 300mb wave rom of T2 public

#107618 - 08/22/06 01:47 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
the SA voices although nice for some dont impress me, maybe more for home players .....sorry.

If THAT ain't a low blow to home (vs pro) players here. Frankly, I think some of home players are better musicians than some of us (including myself) pros here, but that's another story.

That said: SA voices will 'deliver the goods' to both pro & home players alike but only if you take the 'very short' time to tweak its settings & master its unique playing technique. The Tyros2's SA voices are an impressive STANDOUT for LIVE performing keyboard players because it allows you to SHOWCASE thru playing expression: the variable sound characteristics of the instrument. I only say that my audiences remain in awe of the the SA voices I use, compared to what they heard when I played the same instrument voices on Tyros1 and the PSR2000 before that. Perhaps if one primarily relies on SMF backing tracks to sing with, the SA articulation voices may be less important, but for the LIVE performance keyboard player (home player or pro) who does a lot of instrumental soloing, Super articulation voices are a must have godsend. - Scott

#107619 - 08/22/06 02:09 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
T42 Offline

Loc: UK
This post seems to be getting a bit silly.
I've only just joined SZ and already see loads of posts like this one.
At the end of the day who really cares if a musician needs a Tyros 2 or not, it's not the end of the world.
Everyone has diferent tastes and bank balances, some people love Yamaha sounds and styles others like Rolands, Korg etc.
I only got my T2 because to my ears the sounds, styles and features for the money were exactly what I was looking for.
I'm sure DNJ already having had the T2 in the past knows what he is missing and if he doesn't use the features that are missing then he is better off with a 3k anyway.
It's the same for everyone, if you are happy with what you have then forget what others think about it. There will always be someone out there to tell you that your keyboard is worse than mine or you should have bought this make or that etc, just enjoy making music with what you've got, that's all what matters to me.
Yamaha, Roland, Korg, Gem, Ketron..... each to their own!

#107620 - 08/22/06 02:34 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by T42:
This post seems to be getting a bit silly..........
It's the same for everyone, if you are happy with what you have then forget what others think about it. There will always be someone out there to tell you that your keyboard is worse than mine or you should have bought this make or that etc, just enjoy making music with what you've got, that's all what matters to me.

Yes, but if you are happy with what you have, are happy just making music etc., etc., why post here at all? Seems like 'I'm ok, you're OK' where's the fun in that?

I don't mind ANY amount of discussion about arrangers, but what I want to hear is DISCUSSION, not 'Mine is better than yours, period'.

Tell me WHY...., show me something yours can do that mine can't...... EXPLAIN why you prefer it..... and (if you have any balls at all) say what you would like improved, and why!

Read my posts..... I am passionate about the G70, it IS the best arranger FOR ME, but it doesn't end there.... I am not afraid to say what I would like improved, I am not afraid to say what features and sounds I like from other arrangers (or workstations), I am not afraid to say anything for fear of others going 'why do you still use it, then?'.

And I want to hear posts from people that feel the same way........!

I really would like you all to go back and read some of your posts since the whole p*ssing contest started, substitute another manufacturer's name (the one you hate the most would be good!) for YOUR arrangers name, and then see if listening to yourself doesn't make you puke...... I dare you......... You know who you are..............

And then come back and try to write something intelligent.

#107621 - 08/22/06 02:41 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
T42 Offline

Loc: UK
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Diki:
Yes, but if you are happy with what you have, are happy just making music etc., etc., why post here at all? Seems like 'I'm ok, you're OK' where's the fun in that?

If these are the types of threads going to read on SZ everyday then I'll be taking you up on why post here at all.

#107622 - 08/22/06 03:25 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Diki, I reread my posts and substituted Roland for Yamaha...and guess what? I still don't see why anyone with any maturity would get upset..

The problem lately is too many people here are uptight and most likely have inferiority complexes...Why else would these people be so quick to attack individuals personally?
It is one thing to comment on plastic and steel[or Yamaha and Roland] products..You would think one was condemning a person...Get it together everyone...This is a discussion group..If you can't laugh at yourself along the way ..you are far to serious to be with people that enjoy life...So get a life[a happy one] or get out of our way..because we are here to have fun...There is tension in all aspects of our daily lives..this site should be our relax time..and when called upon , time to help those that ask...

I am done here now, maybe I can find something on TV to amuse me....This thread doesn't...

#107623 - 08/22/06 03:38 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by T42:
This post seems to be getting a bit silly.
At the end of the day who really cares if a musician needs a Tyros 2 or not, it's not the end of the world.
Everyone has diferent tastes and bank balances, some people love Yamaha sounds and styles others like Rolands, Korg etc.
I only got my T2 because to my ears the sounds, styles and features for the money were exactly what I was looking for.
I'm sure DNJ already having had the T2 in the past knows what he is missing and if he doesn't use the features that are missing then he is better off with a 3k anyway.

I quite agree, T42.

You make more sense than a lot of long term members.

Welcome to Synth Zone.

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#107624 - 08/22/06 03:59 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
we are here to have fun .this site should be our relax time. maybe I can find something on TV to amuse me.

Fran, hmmmm. I'm curious now what specific TV shows amuse you most?! In fact, this might make an interesting new thread topic.

Scott

#107625 - 08/22/06 04:30 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Scottyee Offline

#107626 - 08/22/06 05:11 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
My last keyboards were Tyros 1, Psr3000, Kn7000(Technics) and now a Tyros 2.
Opinion:
Tyros 1 was better than the Psr3000 in most ways.
Tyros 2 is much better then the Tyros 1.
Technics was in a class by itself, hard to compare, it was just one-of-a-kind.

Opinion; No reference to anyone on this forum, just my thoughts.

I have been putting a lot of time on my Tyros 2, I don’t know how it is possible to go from one make keyboard to another make keyboard and judge that keyboard without putting in a great deal of time –(weeks, months) – on the keyboard.

Each time I sit with the Tyros 2 I find another great feature that helps me make my performance set-up better. There is no way I could have discovered all these features in a short time. I have actually put together a different method of using the keyboard than I used with the KN7000.

Opinion:
If you rush through the learning and understanding period of the keyboard you do not know the keyboard. Amen.

John C.

Page 7 of 26 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online