SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26 >
Topic Options
#107597 - 08/22/06 11:04 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Ian!!!!!!!!!!

[img]http://cdn-aimtoday.aol.com/aimtoday_kisses/shutup[/img]

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 08-22-2006).]

Don't try to be smart, Fran...it doesn't suit you.

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#107598 - 08/22/06 11:05 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
tyrosman Offline

Loc: scotland
well said ian

#107599 - 08/22/06 11:05 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Diki that is my grapevine[always reliable]..My opinion the G70 is already better sound wise to the SA Tyros2.

#107600 - 08/22/06 11:06 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Donny...... you must have a better grapevine than me (or some good cabernet!).

Roland have a long row to hoe before adding SA voices will worry Yamaha. And, while imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, why not re-introduce a feature that NO-ONE else has?? - THE BLOODY CHORD SEQUENCER!!)

Diki the wine sounds good
but do I detect your leaning toward a possible switch from the G70 to a T2 & join the Scott Yee elite Yamaha circle ?

#107601 - 08/22/06 11:08 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Fran Carango Offline

I don't have to prove how smart I am ..it is evident...I don't own a Yamaha!!!

#107602 - 08/22/06 11:15 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I don't have to prove how smart I am ..it is evident...I don't own a Yamaha!!!

I don't intend to get in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, my friend, so I'll let you go on your own delusional path.

Do yourself a favor, ditch the old Roland, and get into the groove with a Tyros2...you'll even be able to smile again, and your IQ will increase so much that you won't need SMFs.

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#107603 - 08/22/06 11:27 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Fran Carango Offline

Well I did my job..I livened this place up...now I am out of here..to much BS ing...here..

Yamaha...give me a break...

#107604 - 08/22/06 11:28 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Here's a different twist. Not that it matters to anyone but....... I'm impressed with the positive feedback from Donny on the 3000 especially since I gig with one too. Gary Diamond as we know another very successful pro uses it as well. What impresses me that I'm using what 2 of the big guys here use. I'd would have bought a Tyros 2 in a heartbeat. But have not for several reasons:
1. Does not have 76 Keys
2. Would the T2 make get more gigs ( probably not, I need to keep practicing more than buying a new board.
3. I value my marriage after what I've spent in the last few years on keyboards and equipment I don't care to use the services of the divorce attorneys I work for.
4.At this point if I were to invest more in equipment a Bose PA would be more in order.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 08-22-2006).]

#107605 - 08/22/06 11:33 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH !!!!!!

When someone says "The XYZ 1234 keyboard is the best keyboard on the market ... PERIOD !!!" , we must understand that this is OPINION, not fact ...

"Definition of fact (noun)
something known or proved to be true"

No one has proved that any one kb is "the BEST ... PERIOD!!!"

It is only a "fact" in the mind of the beholder, and therefore only OPINION ... perhaps agreed to by many others, but STILL only opinion ...

When someone says "I respect your opinions...... but the SA voices although nice for some dont impress me," .. again, that is OPINION ...

However, Donny, saying "maybe more for home players .....sorry.", shows no respect for those those pros who have chosen a board other than the 3000 ... and not ALL the talented pros live in the tri-state area of NJ, PA, and MD ...

Quote "The 3k does a fantatstic job, although the T2 is an awesome Kb for some, there are many great Pro arranger players like Gary D, Uncle Dave, Eddie Shoemaker & others who Im sure can afford a T2 still play the 3k.....must be a reason? "

Yes, there is a reason ... it works FOR THEM ... not saying the Ty2 wouldn't, although I understand that for whatever reasons (and no doubt they are valid) it did not work FOR YOU ...

get the key, Nigel ...
t.

#107606 - 08/22/06 11:36 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Donny, not a chance in hell!! But I will buy the first Yamaha product that puts SA voices in a rack..... I must say I disagree with your assessment of them - as a horn player, I have to admit that the SA Sax is the first thing I have EVER heard that comes close to a real sax's playing style, with legato and staccato actually sounding like the real thing.

For 20 years, since the introduction of affordable sampling, I have been asking fruitlessly for the Hammond organ percussion type of triggering for synths and samplers...... Polyphonic voices, with a single-trigger, polyphonic layer for the start of phrases. This is what STILL makes B3's so expressive. You can emphasize the start of legato passages by lifting your fingers for a split second, get the percussion voices to emphasize the start of the phrase and continue playing legato with no further sound from the 'attack' sound. Perfect.......

It's only taken them 20 years to start to realize how much more expressive this makes sampled voices, especially. 8)

This triggering system, combined with a pitch-ribbon for bends and trills can get you spectacularly close to real horn phrasing.........

Page 5 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online