SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#118128 - 09/01/06 06:30 AM What was it like the day u bought ur brand new keyboard and came home with it?
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
The only keyboard i bought new was a Roland VA5. I took a 60km trip to pick it up one morning...carried heavy box into my lounge...lol had to have a glass of juice after that... I only opened it that evening.. Carefully opened the box... I only removed the manual out...went through it... Next night i took the keyboard out and all my friends came to see it. I recall one guy joking the box looks like a coffin... Hmmm i think this topic might not generate any interest but what the heck when i played it for the first time i kept wiping my fingerprints off the touch screen... Jerry Seinfeld wud probably liken it to a suspect removing evidence lol. Anyway then i adjusted the eq etc and away i went...

#118129 - 09/01/06 08:51 AM Re: What was it like the day u bought ur brand new keyboard and came home with it?
MrEd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rolandfan:
>>>... Carefully opened the box... I only removed the manual out...went through it...

There's a manual in the box?

I shredded that box trying to get that keyboard out and plugged in asap

Then, it was music to my ears.

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 09-01-2006).]

#118130 - 09/01/06 09:52 AM Re: What was it like the day u bought ur brand new keyboard and came home with it?
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
For me, it was like Christmas morning when I was a kid, opening my presents.

There's something addictive about opening that box of fresh brand new electronics...the anticipation, the smell, the newness of all that plastic and circuits.

P.S. - the manual was the LAST thing I unpacked!

[This message has been edited by CoasterTim (edited 09-01-2006).]

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#118131 - 09/01/06 10:21 AM Re: What was it like the day u bought ur brand new keyboard and came home with it?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
I have bought only one keyboard (the one I own) and though I am really looking forward to the ritual of opening a box of a new electronic device (just like Tim described), I was robbed of the pleasure of opening the case of my keyboard:

I was working in a mom-pop computer store at the time, and during evening closing, (between 2-5pm) we went with my boss to buy the thing. We used his motorcycle, and when we got back, I sneaked out to buy some food from the corner. 5 mins later I am back, and my coworkers and my boss had already opened the box, and set up the keyboard.

I looked at them and they said "we suspected thet you would like to open it yourself but we couldn't resist. Now PLAY!!"

I didn't mind at all after all it was me taking it home

#118132 - 09/01/06 10:22 AM Re: What was it like the day u bought ur brand new keyboard and came home with it?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by CoasterTim:
For me, it was like Christmas morning when I was a kid, opening my presents.

There's something addictive about opening that box of fresh brand new electronics...the anticipation, the smell, the newness of all that plastic and circuits.

P.S. - the manual was the LAST thing I unpacked!

Yea, what he said. I read the manual on the bus, when I couldn't play the keyboard.
I am getting comfortable with my PSR3000 o/s very quickly.
Starkeeper

#118133 - 09/01/06 12:27 PM Re: What was it like the day u bought ur brand new keyboard and came home with it?
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
When i got home there was a box waiting in the living room for me so big it filled the room. My brother was there waiting forme with the silliest grin on his face . " Its here" he giggled . I tried to move the box around so that i could get through the hall and get a craft knife to cut through the tape wrapping and straps holding the box together . It had huge metal stapples holding the box together. It was then that i realised the weight of this monster !!! I managed to tip it on its side and brush past to get a knife. Started to cut the taping and digg out the thick metal staples that held the box together. When i finally got the thing out i fell in lust at first sight . I put the keyboard on its stand and plugged it in and waited for it to boot up. My silver beast was awakening !! I played my Pax right through the evening, skipped dinner. Every now and again my brother would come into the living room and ask me to turn it down or ask me to stop whooping it up every time a heard a new style, another great intro or ending. I played it right through the night till about 5.00am until i physically was falling over the keyboardwith tiredness. Thats pretty much how the next two weeks went. I looked a mess for weeks ( some would say there was no real difference then ! ). I still have to touch my silver monster first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I think it could be love !

#118134 - 09/01/06 03:13 PM Re: What was it like the day u bought ur brand new keyboard and came home with it?
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Fantastic replies!! I think its the same as buying a new car. The smell...the excitement...the joy

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online