SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 16 of 26 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 25 26 >
Topic Options
#107707 - 08/25/06 02:36 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
I'm still reading threads, just not replying to many.

There is a heaven!!

#107708 - 08/26/06 02:11 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
So in the end.... YES u really DO need a Tyros2...yeah it really is MUCH better than the PSR3000. The End. Amen.

#107709 - 08/26/06 03:33 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
My answer to Donny's question....

No, I don't need a Tyros2.

I've since returned to my 3k after several weeks with the Tyros2 that I had on my Yamaha sample account.

I couldn't justify the price difference for things I'd never use.(HD recording, sample import, aftertouch)

The Live Grand in the PSR-3000 is perfect for my needs and it fits perfectly into the styles.

The other sounds are lovely as well, and after playing the Hammond B3 for more years than I'd want to admit, I don't miss the aftertouch and I prefer the light and responsive touch of the 3k.

I also love the convenience of built in speakers.

I believe the Tyros2 is the ultimate arranger, but ultimately, not for me.

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#107710 - 08/26/06 05:40 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Maybe Nigel should call this place TyrosZone, instead of Synthzone....

Fran. Considering the fact it's your best bud Donny himself who initiated this now 150+ posting "Tyros2" themed topic thread, seems like you (18 replies) & he (37 replies) may be a reason this is becoming "TyrosZone".

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Or maybe even call Scott Yee Zone being hes top poster

Ok Donny! I'm certainly not going to complain if 'you' want to call this the Scott Yee Zone but it will always remain: Nigel's "Synthzone General Arranger Forum" to the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

& top super slueth aka buzy body

Super slueth (aka Charlie Chan) perhaps
Buzy body?! I'm primarily kept busy discovering many wonderful new exciting things I can do with my Tyros2, like: creating & importing custom TVN (WAV) voice samples, allowing me to further expand (and improve on) the already terrific T2 preset sound palette. In spite of all the negative T2 remarks made by some here, Tyros2 (like fine wine) just keeps getting BETTER for me. Donny, I'm only sorry you didn't keep your Tyros2 long enough to discover all it has to offer us as professional musician-entertainers. Though I appreciate what the PSR3000 and Tyros1 continue to offer, Tyros2 delivers (in both sound & features) so much more, and I can't imagine going backwards.

- Scott

#107711 - 08/27/06 02:34 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
I am not even going to try and get myself into a hole here but I have a thought... the topic is "do you really need a t2"... well firstly.. is money part of the equation???

Donny, I am sure you love the PSR 3000 as much as I did and I was continuously amazed by its quality. But I must say, if you had the choice to trade your PSR 3000 for a Tyros 2 at NO EXTRA COST, surely you would go to Tyros 2.

putting money aside and whatever else or other features aside, It is definitely a far better board and has a far better sound engine than the PSR. the expressiveness alone is something that makes the PSR look or feel like a babys toy to a real piano player.

On stage and to bring in the money and entertain, of coarse the PSR 3000 will be sweet, so would a PSR 2000, or a casio wk or even a shabby roland.. LOL (thats a joke but I couldnt help myself).

so all i am saying is, if you had to choose a psr or a T2 and money was not in the equation, what would it be and why?

cheers,

Nick

#107712 - 08/27/06 07:32 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Scott don't forget your 11 substance post

#107713 - 08/27/06 07:40 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
I am not even going to try and get myself into a hole here but I have a thought... the topic is "do you really need a t2"... well firstly.. is money part of the equation???

Donny, I am sure you love the PSR 3000 as much as I did and I was continuously amazed by its quality. But I must say, if you had the choice to trade your PSR 3000 for a Tyros 2 at NO EXTRA COST, surely you would go to Tyros 2.

putting money aside and whatever else or other features aside, It is definitely a far better board and has a far better sound engine than the PSR. the expressiveness alone is something that makes the PSR look or feel like a babys toy to a real piano player.

On stage and to bring in the money and entertain, of coarse the PSR 3000 will be sweet, so would a PSR 2000, or a casio wk or even a shabby roland.. LOL (thats a joke but I couldnt help myself).

so all i am saying is, if you had to choose a psr or a T2 and money was not in the equation, what would it be and why?

cheers,

Nick

Nick $$ is not the problem all .....
Ive owned BOTH & many more....
& I still choose to return to the 3K
"FOR ME".
I rather not comment anymore,
everyone please enjoy your KB's

#107714 - 08/27/06 11:44 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Donny,
we are all enjoying our keyboards; ironically, the only one who seems having problems to do so is... you!

#107715 - 08/27/06 06:32 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Donny,
we are all enjoying our keyboards; ironically, the only one who seems having problems to do so is... you!

Sorry to dissapoint you paisan....but I enjoy demoing new units on stage....
they are only a tool of the trade for me not a life long commitment by any means.
Keep making great music & enjoying your units.

#107716 - 08/27/06 07:56 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
can anyone tell me how to set up the quotes in replies?
is it a pc thing or can a mac do it?
MM

Page 16 of 26 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 25 26 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online