Quote:
Originally posted by Sheriff:

I've bought the V-50 from a musician who was gigging as a one man band. Isn't it exactly that what you "arrangers" are doing?

Now I'm really a little bit confused...

A Yamaha V-50 is a synthesizer (according to my google search) NOT an arranger.

An arranger plays styles, without being sequenced first. If I select a "style", set the tempo, and then start playing, the accompaniment starts to play.
Although you can play a MIDI file or a sequencer live, you can't change chords, on the fly, or repeat a measure, on the fly with a MIDI file or sequencer.
Can you replay a measure or two or a whole verse, without pre-planning in advance?
You can with an arranger.
If you were accompanying a singer and the singer played the the chorus twice instead of once (without letting you know in advance). If the singer played the last verse of the song 3 times. If after a short break the singer started singing the 2nd verse again, and this caught you unaware, would you be able to "catch up". If a singer started singing a new unscheduled song, you would have to find it and "catch up" with the singer. All these these scenarios are possible with an arranger and I have seen singers do all these scenarios.
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 06-16-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 06-16-2005).]