Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
If you were referring to the Tyros1, I might agree with you, but I think you meant the T2, and in that case I strongly disagree.

Personally, I feel the T2 has a superior action to the competition, ...but I am willing to concede the G70 is probably a close second...

You are, of course, perfectly entitled to your opinion, especially given your admission that you play very gently, but if you search the posts here at SZ, you will find I am nowhere near the only person that has commented about the poor T2 action, nor praised the G70's.

But I try not to be a rabid defender of what I have..... There are MANY things from the T2 I would LOVE to be able to use, but also many things I dislike. The same with the G70. If you surf over to the Danish G70 site, you will see I give Roland a VERY hard time about some of their bone-headed decisions (I'm moderator for the Bug forum, amongst other things), and have talked about them here at SZ, too.

MINE is not he best arranger ever, but unfortunately, neither is anything else yet (or I would own it!).....

Now if I could combine the T2's SA and Mega voices, Break/Fill, and multi pads with the Korg's detailed voice editing and sample import, TC Helion and very contemporary drum samples, with the G70's V-Drums and GrandX piano patch, VK-series B3 sim, OS and layout, and of course the action(!), add in the MS's and Wersi's VSTi ability and sample RAM speed loading, wrap it up in a composite shell to bring the total weight down to about 25lbs, and top it of with a dollop of Chord Sequencer features, well, THEN i probably wouldn't have a thing to post about, I'd be too busy playing!

Next year in Jerusalem, eh....?!