Thanks for the comments..... Don't let my REAL age fool you, I am still a kid (and just as opinionated!) at heart, and have music to thank for it!

I will continue to be an idealist about the weight issue until my back gives out completely, and then I will become a realist...... but I won't be happy about it! I realize the practical necessities for many of light weight portable arrangers, but seldom understand anyone PREFERRING them.

Let's be honest..... if someone else was willing to carry all your gear, would you actually CHOOSE the keybed you play? If not, then you have to acknowledge that your choice is simply a compromise. The main thing is to mitigate it as much as you can, and pressuring manufacturers to use better quality key-beds is the first thing to try....

BTW, as many here know, I am NOT a user of heavy 88-note piano controllers for live use. I think, unless you are PRIMARILY a pianist, and rarely use other sounds, they make playing most non-piano sounds MUCH harder.

I am a HUGE fan of the action that Roland has used (WAY too sparingly IMO) on the G800, G1000, G70 (I have owned all three) and the old A70 master controller. It doesn't weigh much more than a regular 76-er (if the truth be told, most of the weight in a G70 comes from a very stout case, mostly steel, NOT the action itself), but the smoothness of the action, the shape of the keys (very close to piano-sized, especially the blacks, but more rounded to facilitate gliss's and smears on the organ), and the resistance, less than a piano, but more than a B3 (or Yamaha!), for me, and many who have tried one, it's the perfect key-bed.

You can pound it, you can tickle it, it does it all.... If they made a workstation with this action, I would have it! You owe it to yourself to try one, if you haven't already. Then you might understand how I feel.

I am sorry my writing style is so formal, if you met me you would see I'm not QUITE as stuffy as this (my friends might differ!), but being educated in England, back when correct grammar and form were insisted upon, this is how I tend to write. I seldom get to Atlanta, but if I do, I will let you know. And if any of you are in the Destin FL area, feel free to contact me, and I will do my best to be a fun time!

Y'all come back now, y'hear..... Shoot!