Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Yamaha's current top of the line, $4000 arranger has a key-bed that compares poorly to sub-$1000 synths. If they feel an inexpensive synth needs a mid-level quality key-bed, why do they feel that arranger players deserve any less?

If you were referring to the Tyros1, I might agree with you, but I think you meant the T2, and in that case I strongly disagree.

Personally, I feel the T2 has a superior action to the competition, ...but I am willing to concede the G70 is probably a close second...

I also wouldn't waste my money on either of them as they are vastly overpriced although at the rate that Yamaha is selling T2s you wouldn't think it.

I'm not sure how well the G70 is selling, but from what I hear from dealers in Canada, it isn't exactly leaping off the shelves...but that might be due to Roland's poor marketing system.

Yamaha has nailed that great combination of quality key feel,the exceptional sound of the SA and Mega voices, and a relatively lightweight and high quality case in the Tyros2, and the number of satisfied customers(including the ones on this forum) seems to bear that out.

If the Tyros2 had been born with 76 keys, I'm sure there would be one sitting proudly on Diki's keyboard stand and this banter would not have taken place...you'd be so busy playing, you just wouldn't have the time to write.

All the best,

Ian

------------------
Cha d’dhùin doras nach d’fhosgail doras.