NOW I am disappointed.....this topic has started to become personal for no justifiable reason.
Yes, we all play at different levels,but my original point was that surely we all try to be that little bit better.
Elizabeth, golf is much like music, we do not play to get worse, we play to improve, and the more we play the more we improve, no matter how slightly. Quote "you tweak and tweak the sounds to make them better."
I will never achieve the ability I seek, but I keep trying, by learning something new.
That was my reason for joining this forum, to learn, AND GUESS WHAT, from this topic, I have learnt that for nearly 30 years I thought a Dim. chord was 4 notes, because that was what I was told in my early organ days, now I know that the 4th note I play makes it a Dim 7th chord. I still prefer the 4 notes but that's me.
As far as the Bass line is concerned, as an exercise I tried Jazz Combo with piano on L1, and as I muted some of the voices the Bass line became clearer, and it changed (ever so slightly)when I changed the L1 chord by one note. So it does change, but with APC on you might not hear it.
Audrey, your B/I/Law is not correct ,you are. Ittakes a lot of learning to get the APC balanced, and let's face it, where can you get a one-man band that sounds so good on just one instrument.
You will be pleased to know that when I first had my KN5, The Gardener made the comment..."It even makes you sound good".
Scott, in short ,I enjoyed listening to your rendition,and I wish I could play and sing as well as you, but "excellent",....no, not yet.
Finally guys, keep the personal insults for another forum, and let us remain friendly and helpful to each other. Life is too short to be putting other people down, and if my contribution came across that way, it certainly was never my intention, only to encourage others to try to be that little bit better every time they play.
As Samual Johnston once said, "Music is the only sensual vice without pleasure".
End of another lesson
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint