"A true C7-9 chord does not change the C note to a C# note. It takes the 9th note of the scale and makes a half step lower. Because we do not have enough fingers most will change the C to C#, then we call it a C7-9 chord but in reality without the C note, the root, we are now playing a diminished chord, C# dim."

Thanks John. I agree with that totally. I just don't know how to play it with the KN7000 unless I am in the pianist mode. I don't want to use the pianist mode because I would have to give up the left hand voice(s) and the ability to affect the rhythm with the left hand. I am only suggesting that there is little recourse other than to play a rootless chord with the accepted fingering for that chord and hope that the keyboard comes close to an acceptable bass line. In the case of a C7-9, that results in a diminished chord. And, I believe with all other rootless chords the root note in the bass line would be missing. I don’t like to play with sequences because that ties me down to a fixed way to play the song and I like the freedom to change the way I play a song each time.