I am definitely souring a little bit on the new Korg. At least until some major bugs are fixed, and some workflow improvements are added to the OS.

It turns out that the groundbreaking “play two styles at the same time“ feature has not yet been integrated with the songbook. Although you can select two styles to blend, and pick which parts of each you want to sound, there is no way currently to store this arrangement. There are also syncing issues and a variety of other niggles and problems.

So unfortunately, one of the primary advances in technology this arrange offers is very much a work in progress. This is somewhat how I predicted, I don’t think that Korg fully understood the power and ramifications of this new system. It may be a while before the OS is modified to best leverage it.

I am not sure I would recommend this keyboard for a gigging musician at the moment, there seem to be some potentially showstopping issues. But, if you are a Home player, or a pro that can hang on to his old arranger until the new one is ready for prime time, it is definitely worth getting a jump on the future.

As to it sounding fairly close to a PA4X, of COURSE it does! Can anyone tell me the last time an arranger came out that sounded absolutely nothing like the previous model? 😂