It also would seem like the first proper blend of a synthesizer, arranger and piano, although I can be historically inaccurate. Those who desired for all-in-one device now have a chance to actually have it.

Yamaha tries to make their arrangers to appear more "friendly", like "it's about fun, not working or studying hard", and Korg stresses that it a professional instrument, not a toy (although, with all these RGB buttons it may start to look rather entertaining).

Eventually, it will be down to how smooth the styles are, how sweet the sounds are, in other words, about emotions, which we can't describe in specifications.

I feel that Yamaha sort of imposes some decisions on us, as "yes, the screen is not tilting, yes, only 76-keys option, yes, $6,799.00, but what are you gonna do?", it reminds a lot of what Apple does...

But, just like with Apple, there's a reason, why they can afford to act so. They know how to do a good job there where it really matters. Still, one day everyone goes too far.

Today the manufacturers have a bigger enemy than each other. A lot of musicians just ignore such instruments, they work with VSTs, and backing tracks... I expect we will see more attempts to put everything in one box, because it's not easy to make a sale.

As for me, perhaps right now I would be more interested if Yamaha will replace their MX61 with some newer and 73/76 keys version...

One big all-purpose instrument can be a good investment, but it is also a big commitment. Recently I bought $10 watch, just to use as stopwatch in specific situations, turns out, it's much fun to wear something new for a change, even if it's something simple; frankly, I no longer sure if one $5000 instruments is in fact more fun than ten $500 keyboards, but I'm currently biased because I'm disappointed with physical quality of my recent PSR-SX900 and PSR-S950.