Not sure where I saw it. Been through too many videos to remember. I may have misheard about the customizable chord recognition.

However, ‘rootless’ chord shapes are simply another shortcut way of calling chords (especially more complex jazz chords) but with one major advantage over Fingered modes…. Jazz pianists have already learned it and use it while playing in combos. It isn’t one of the stupid one and two finger modes that have zero use on anything other than arrangers (and one particular brand at that, as there’s very little standardization of shortcut fingerings) and if you actually heard what you played, it would be unmusical. Not so ‘rootless’ voicings. Learn those, and you can sit in with a live trio and sound like quite the jazzer!

Hopefully there’s something buried in the menus about custom chord recognition, but I still encourage all to give up on unmusical shortcut chord shapes. They make you have to turn off any LH sounds (because things like the root and a half-step lower for a type of chord sounds terrible!). I am not a big jazzer, so rootless hasn’t been one of my go to choices, but I have NEVER used a shortcut method.

I just hope that the brief appearance of Pianist2 mode on the BK series gets a wider appreciation as a terrific way to play solo piano and get accurate chord recognition. No other arranger has ever had it.