I think for that the viability of the 88, possibly a more important stat might be its weight.

Korg may have missed out on the trend towards ultra portable keyboards for its aging demographic. Newer construction techniques have resulted in amazingly light keyboards that don’t compromise rigidity and stability of the keybed and controls, but all of the leaked photos look a very similar construction to the PA4X line, which topped 35lbs for the 76.

Korg’s current TOTL stage piano (meant for gigging pros, not home use) tops out at 58lbs (ouch!). Marry that to the weight of the hardware of a PA4X and I wonder if Korg may have missed the window. I might have lugged one of those around 20 years ago, I lugged my 45lbs G70 76 for a decade, but I am to the point where my 20lbs BK-9 in a hard case is about as much as I want to move daily.

Don’t forget, a soft case is not going to be adequate for an 88, especially as expensive and festooned with top panel controls and a touch screen that need protection. So add probably at least 30lbs to the weight of whatever the 88 PA5x comes in at for a case.

Now we’re getting into hernia country!

There ARE some pretty lightweight decent feeling stage pianos, but Korg don’t make them, afaik. Their lightweight grands have lightweight actions, imho.

Time will tell if the 88 meets its likely users’ needs. But I have a nasty suspicion that most of us that would love to play one won’t want to lug it around…