message from Joan:
Hi there - I see you have a mention on the Synthzone. He is asking a question about Drives.

Am I right in thinking that unless you are newly installing the software when it asks you for the Card drive, the software will read another Card reader as it would any other drive and therefore just putting the card into the reader allows you to read it.

It is quite time consuming working from two USB drives. I have restored three different cards to three separate Windows folders and have selected/discarded to my satisfaction to another folder and then use backup to PC then restore just the completed data to new SD card. It may take some time for users to accept that it can be done that way.

It took some reasoning to realise that you don't have to restore to an SD card - You can restore to a Folder in Windows.

Its an all new ball game.

my comment:
Before installing the tool it is wise to plug in your reader and find out which drive letter it occupies. Then you can enter that letter when asked during install. And yes, when people learn to move songs and folders between SDCard and hard drive, then a lot more is easy to understand: you can backup but also restore on hard disk and then drag the folders you like from hard disk to an initialized SDCard. Some card readers are slow via USB, compared with harddisk. So you could then restore an sdb file to your hard disk., open an SDExplorer instance for it, reshuffle, rename, move, copy on hard disk whatever you like. You could even restoren another sdb file on another location on hard disk and then open a second SDExplorer instance for that song tree. Now you can selectively merge the two trees together until you have the result tree you want on SD card. To do this, you can initialize an SD Card and then drag the folders on the SD Card one by one. Or you make a backup of the merged song tree and restore it on the SD-card.....
Many ways to Rome

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred