Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By Eric, B
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Eric, what else does the Yamaha break give you that you can't duplicate with the method I mentioned?

You can also select one or more of the 6 fills and write a break, maybe a turn around or bass lead into another chord change. Unlimited possibilities and making it your own,

It does all kinds of things depending on the style.
Especially Song specific styles.
From short phrases to to drum fills to ...
Yes it can all be programmed. But wait I don't have to, because I have a break button smile
Eric

Just a side note... Don's EA7 has 6 pads and 7 assignable buttons that can be used for many break purposes .. that is 13 options for breaks smile and of course that single "break " button, the useless silence frown

None of my comments are "mine is better then yours". They are suggestions to resolve a break issue on Roland boards and make some folks think about style edits that they never thought of before.. smile

I didn't think they were. wink
Just poking you a little since I know how much you like Roland arrangers ... wink
All arrangers have there strength and their flaws.
None are perfect.
As long as I can find work arounds I am happy.
Most arrangers let us do this with the tools provided.
You certainly mastered that for Roland. wink
In addition it's all about what we need ...
Thank good each of us is different. Otherwise we would have nothing to discuss on this forum.
Eric