Originally Posted By Dnj
My thoughts are if you don't start out from the beginning as a Piano player it is so difficult to adapt and be proficient later on after you have been playing something else, arranger kb, organ, or whatever...
Listening to just Piano playing after a while bores me as it's only the same sound I am hearing only the technic and style of playing Piano dynamics make it interesting to me to bear it if at all. And many times the audience feels the same way after an hour of just piano playing as the try to stay awake during sorry.. Liberace & many others make it pleasing to a point, but in general I need a mix of sounds being played to stimulate my senses. Just my thoughts

take care

Different strokes for different folks.. smile

A great piano player, playing the right material can be most interesting to appreciative musicians.. grin

Let me explain.. what apparently holds your interest are color sounds . I don't think you listen to detail or are not aware of some things.. smile

What separates the boys from the men on piano... "voicing" .. No not vocals grin

Not just dynamics in your playing, but how you voice a chord... yes both hands smile Most of the keys on a piano (real piano) use three strings as you strike a key... this is rich in overtones..

Combine the overtones with the smart voicing of a chord... and most musicians should not be bored so easily grin