Originally Posted By Sapphire
Absolute rubbish. In the U.K. our health advice changes day by day so I eat what I enjoy as long as I don't go to excess. I've made 71 so I must be doing something right. Many of the things I have been advised not to eat are now apparently O.K.
Many of the members on here are "senior" but still alive so you must be doing something right also. My motto is enjoy life and my wife of 41 yearts will tell you the same.

Do I want to live to 100, No.

Alan.

Although I can not agree with you I do respect your opinion voiced here. After all the years performing in nursing homes it really gives you a clear perspective of how life & health can quickly turn in a downward negative direction for many many reasons. What you put in your body you get out of your body's health is my belief. Living to 100 is one thing and very common in today's world, but, living it "actively" and enjoying the later years in a healthy way day after day is what needs attention. I think I am in a good gene pool as my dad who lives with us is 95 and still active doing many things he always did. Good luck to you which ever path you take.

Edited by Dnj (08/15/18 11:01 AM)