Hi Audrey,
I ended up copying mine to my computer, then burning them onto a cd rom ( I did a back up of the cd as well.

I learnt the hard way, when I lost the data on quite a few floppies While I had them in storage.

Another possibility if you don't have a cd burner , might be a zip drive ( if you happen to have one. Again, I suppose the zip disk could corrupt, too, so you'd want a couple of copies.

The other option would be the sd card ( fairly expensive option) and you'd require a card reader ie you'd just use the sd card as a storage device, all you'd need to do ( using the computer is copy the files from floppy directly to sd card. The card wouldn't be useable in the kn as such, it's only for storage purposes. Again the problem is, an sd card may eventually fail.

I noticed years back, that some Technics style files are hidden ie the floppy disk appears to be blank when brought up on the computer, I used to be able to remedy that, but I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on.

Maybe they'd actually copy across anyway, but I'm not sure as I altered all my disks so that they did show up.

Just wondering anyone, do CD's get corrupted data due to storage, if so I better do some more copies.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
Hi Everyone,

Like most of you other Forum members, I have had Technics for several years and have collected approximately 150 professional disks and numerous others of my own settings for both the PR pianos and keyboards so I guess in order to preserve them the best bet would be to save them to a specific SD card. How do others intend to preserve their collection? I'd be very interested to know, perhaps we could have a discussion on this.

Regards to all.

Aud

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022