Originally Posted By: abacus
Hi Ian

As far as styles go it depends on the music, (Although my favourite is heavy rock, (I’m a 70s guy) I enjoy most types of music (Never could get into punk though) including classical) but by and large it is just drums and occasional chord backing from the style to add variation when the chord progression is moving slow. (Hence styles have always been way down the list of priorities for me, however I do like experimenting with sound, which is why 3rd party sound support and editing is of paramount importance to have on any instrument I purchase)

Don’t play many really fast pedals these days as I am stiffer than I used to be (The downside of age), plus with other interests and a day job I don’t get that much time to practice or play.

The main problem with styles for me, is that if you listen to a live arranger player, 90% of them sound exactly the same as each other, (Their arranger forces them to play what the style dictates) whereas those that don’t rely on styles, develop their own individual style of playing. (This has always been my preference)

Bill

I never mastered playing the pedals on my orgel, three parts and vocals were just to much for me.. Thats where i switched to more piano and arranger type of playing styles..

However, of lately with all the articulations and controll you want to use for expressive sounds, i am using my feet more and more, for expression pedals, SA switches, soundchanges on the fly, damper, sostenuto, wah wah in real time, which works much more naturall for me as its paert ofd the process of creating that single solo sound..

Originally Posted By: Mikem
It reminds me of playing arps on my Yamaha Motif XF. Very nice!

instead of styles, i am using more and more arps and soon karma, keeping it simple, combining stuff out of nothing and creating my own sound... in the end the arps are so much fun to play around with on my Motif XS rack... cant way till my Kronos finally arives..

http://keyszone.boards.net