I almost went for the SFX100...the original Spacestation...it's design really works, problem, it was underpowered, and had no real bottom...
The new model is spec'd at 280 watts, (nearly 3 times the original)..
It still only goes down to 100kw...not exceptable, without a sub..
Although a lot of folks here on SZ use sound systems that only go down to 90 kw, and they seem happy...Personally I need sub 40 kw...Good news the sub out will give you a collective out for the added woofer..

What is funny, the Bose folk are knocking the same attributes of their Bose Compact...

Listening to the demo, you can actually hear the difference in the sound quality....

Add a sub woofer and this may be the system to beat in moderate size venues....It takes the dispersement of the Bose a big step farther...I recall the ripple effect explained before, illustrating the overlap when using two Bose in a stereo position..causing phase cancelation..This design answers that problem, and is explained very acurately..

I would love to see this design with a decent bottom, but I think it would take too much modification in the housing design, speaker size and overall weight...

Edited by Fran Carango (11/26/14 11:18 AM)